Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-07-2014, 11:53 AM   #15
seanjhon

Drives: 2013 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog View Post
Sounds like you overfilled it, I assume you have a v-8 and if so the filler tube actually comes off of the resavour very easily and it probably poured out at the connection. It snaps in and out ! goofy setup.
Does this apply to the V6 models. That is what I have. Would I be able to reconnect this tube with access from removal of the wheel well liner? If this was the case, would this drain all of the coolant out when it poured or just in the overflow tank.
seanjhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:56 AM   #16
seanjhon

This morning when I actually was able to take a closer look from the top, I noticed white crust around the rim of the overflow refill tube. Didnt notice any crystals. But I take her in to the dealership tomorrow so hopefully they find the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
What exactly is the material of the coolant lines? Im thinking they may be aluminum? If so, aluminum corrodes white and that could be what is causing the white sludge? Id look into it and see if I can see white "crystals." If so, its a corrosion issue and not an oil/water mix. Or perhaps the radiator may be corroding? I'd use demineralized water when flushing the system.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #17
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Normal. Quit looking at it and freaking out.

Condesation. I'd bet you do a lot of short trips. Things aren't getting very hot to burn off all the condensation here and there. Same thing will appear under your oil fill cap.

Condesation forms on the top surface of everything. You should see under the valve covers on a car that was started cold, and shut off before everything warms up. Looks like vanilla milkshake dripping off everywhere.

Steer clear of sevice depts until you actually have a problem.

The do it your self checks are.... are the oil and coolant at the proper levels and staying there over the past few months. Yes... don't touch a thing. If one of those fluid levels is screwed up, diagnose why.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #18
seanjhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Normal. Quit looking at it and freaking out.

Condesation. I'd bet you do a lot of short trips. Things aren't getting very hot to burn off all the condensation here and there. Same thing will appear under your oil fill cap.

Condesation forms on the top surface of everything. You should see under the valve covers on a car that was started cold, and shut off before everything warms up. Looks like vanilla milkshake dripping off everywhere.

Steer clear of sevice depts until you actually have a problem.

The do it your self checks are.... are the oil and coolant at the proper levels and staying there over the past few months. Yes... don't touch a thing. If one of those fluid levels is screwed up, diagnose why.

Makes sense, I will look at that filler tube that probably fell off, and then from there keep an eye on it. Would that build up eventually effect the radiator at some point and the quality of the coolant?
Old 10-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #19
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Take a look inside the radiator to see if anything is floating around and maybe drain just alittle
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #20
seanjhon

UPDATE

Dealer said that there was a seal that went bad on the tube going to the resovoir which connects the two. Just in case future owners have a leak from resovoir area check that seal out.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:42 PM   #21
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Just a question....Why would the dealer warranty your coolant flush? They dont warranty oil changes or brake fluid flush. Those are considered consumables...just like brake pads. If the motor oil was mixing with the coolant and you had a problem that was engine related....thank goodness you did not.....then they would have to do the work and that would include the flush. But since that was not the case, I am not surprised they didn't warranty it.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote