Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-23-2015, 09:51 AM   #15
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
I think it disparages the original Yenko's.

It's SLP coming out with a WAY OVERPRICED package(again) and slapping Yenko stripes on the side. There is no value, and certainly minimal collectibility. Kinda like the ZL575 (also by SLP) AFTERMARKET option for the Camaro's before GM came out with a true ZL1. People paid (in total) 75K or more to get their stock SS to that high of horsepower and then GM destroyed it with the ZL1 by not only having more power, but better brakes, suspension, interior, and warranty and it started at $55K. Can you tell me now the ZL575's have held their value or appreciated? Hell no.

Original thread about the "Yenko" Camaro.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383697

Just my 2 cents.. but as P.T. Barnum used to say, "Their is a sucker born every minute."
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:04 AM   #16
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
As noted before SLP cars do NOT hold resale value. IMO, take that $43,500 and mod your ZL1 and STILL have a whole bunch of cash left over with a lot more power!

If you want a specialty tuner car that has better resale, buy a late model Shelby Super Snake GT500. They do much better resale wise vs the SLP machines. That is, if you want to drive a Mustang.

2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 10:33 AM   #17
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
Did you buy you car for resale value? I know I didn't and probably most on here didn't either. If we would have then i doubt so many would be dumping money on the mods we have...lol. I say get what you want if that means paying SVE / SLP, local speed shop, or on parts to do it yourself. No different than all my friends that have King Ranch F-250's they paid $80k for a few years ago and now they are worth $45k if they are lucky.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:48 AM   #18
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
All I can say here is that value or not, I was very happy to have the quality work that SLP did on my 1999 Camaro SS. They do the research, engineering, testing all correctly and the package works well together. The Panther is a great car too.

SVE now does that same kind of work with the Yenko name. I don't know how anyone can disparage such an honest company that gives you a good product.

They acquired the name and have every right to use it. It is a special car that took a lot of R&D. With limited numbers built, you can't blame them for trying to recover the cost to create them. If no one wants them, they won't sell and they will have made a mistake.

I would buy one today if I could afford it.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:51 AM   #19
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expunge View Post
I think it disparages the original Yenko's.

It's SLP coming out with a WAY OVERPRICED package(again) and slapping Yenko stripes on the side. There is no value, and certainly minimal collectibility. Kinda like the ZL575 (also by SLP) AFTERMARKET option for the Camaro's before GM came out with a true ZL1. People paid (in total) 75K or more to get their stock SS to that high of horsepower and then GM destroyed it with the ZL1 by not only having more power, but better brakes, suspension, interior, and warranty and it started at $55K. Can you tell me now the ZL575's have held their value or appreciated? Hell no.

Original thread about the "Yenko" Camaro.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383697

Just my 2 cents.. but as P.T. Barnum used to say, "Their is a sucker born every minute."
+1
I call it Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:10 AM   #20
Raven87
C'mon- really?

SLP and now SVE is a fine, highly respected company. I had a '97 SS Camaro (M6) and loved that car.

But because I trade cars a lot, resale value IS important to me. It's not the top priority but it is a factor and that is why I wouldn't pay the $43,500 on top of my ZL1 to have the Yenko package.

Yes, the Yenko is an incredible car and I'm sure will sell to those with deep enough pockets.

Whether it is the Firehawks, the SL-575's, etc, they do not hold great resale in price paid vs resale values. They are great cars and to each his own.

But - You spend it to enjoy the car. For me, and if I was ready to trade with $43,500+ to add, I would probably use the money to get into a Gen V Viper or the new Z06. But, I'm not.

Again, just my opinion.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:53 AM   #21
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
And valid points in that opinion. It's all in what you want in your car and your situation.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:10 PM   #22
Fish-man

Drives: too many to say!
the official switch from SLP to SVE must've just happened... the OP's video says SLP
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:14 PM   #23
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-man View Post
the official switch from SLP to SVE must've just happened... the OP's video says SLP
It was recent I believe.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:32 PM   #24
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
Not enough bang for my bucks in my opinion. A 427 with only 700hp!! Negative! I'm still stock lower and make more than that! ADM's 427 builds are 1000+ I don't need any fancy badges or care about resale either because I'm gonna drive the shit out them!!
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:21 PM   #25
kgendron71
REDHOT_ZL1

Drives: 2014 Red Hot ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
SLP and now SVE is a fine, highly respected company. I had a '97 SS Camaro (M6) and loved that car.

But because I trade cars a lot, resale value IS important to me. It's not the top priority but it is a factor and that is why I wouldn't pay the $43,500 on top of my ZL1 to have the Yenko package.

Yes, the Yenko is an incredible car and I'm sure will sell to those with deep enough pockets.

Whether it is the Firehawks, the SL-575's, etc, they do not hold great resale in price paid vs resale values. They are great cars and to each his own.

But - You spend it to enjoy the car. For me, and if I was ready to trade with $43,500+ to add, I would probably use the money to get into a Gen V Viper or the new Z06. But, I'm not.

Again, just my opinion.
I'm in the same boat as Steve. I rarely keep a car more than a year so I have to refrain from buying all the mods I would like to have on my car and just enjoy the car for what it is.
Thank goodness for sites like these that allow me to live vicariously through all of you.
kgendron71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:23 PM   #26
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
As much as I love the ZL1 platform for this add-on package I'd jut bump to the C7 Z06 without thinking about it...
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:35 PM   #27
ruquik

Drives: 2013 ZL1
so you basically paying for badging another over priced camaro
ruquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:36 PM   #28
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyZL-1 View Post
Not enough bang for my bucks in my opinion. A 427 with only 700hp!! Negative! I'm still stock lower and make more than that! ADM's 427 builds are 1000+ I don't need any fancy badges or care about resale either because I'm gonna drive the shit out them!!
Yeah, my car easily went over 1000 crank horsepower when I swapped to a 427. You can get a very reliable build with that power for 1/3 of that price, are the badges and stickers and embroidery worth the cost difference.... I guess it is up to the individual. I'll go where the power is.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yenko