Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-14-2018, 05:27 PM   #15
big dave

Drives: 2017 ZL1
It appears to me that some are forgetting that the Demon ran it's best times in ideal conditions. The average person on the street probably is on the 808 hp tune,probably still has the full interior, and most likely still has the big wheels up front. You'd be surprised just how much weight and rolling resistance affects performance. I really don't think these races are staged, I just think people are posting up the wins against Demons to prove whatever point. I'm sure there are far more videos out there with the Demon beating a lot of cars... but hey, it's a Demon...it's supposed to beat everything on the street . From what I've seen so far, very few of the Demons have run in the 9s with the full drag setup. I'm waiting for my buddy who just got his demon, to take it to the track when it's fully broken in. I don't mess around on the street but maybe I need to try a quick roll race to see just badly he'll most likely beat me.
'13 ZL1 BRM A6. 11.591 @ 119.2 factory stock with a 1.68 60'! Best stock mph 121.8. 11.29 @ 123 RotoFab, drag radials and skinnies. 4360# raceweight.
http://youtu.be/yggIA3C_kkA 2014... back to stock
http://youtu.be/spQLaTWbThs 2013... stock & RotoFab
big dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:05 PM   #16
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
The Demon shouldn't be that bad from a roll. A car that traps in the mid 130's should be pulling on a lot of cars on the street from a roll. Not sure why we are seeing what we're seeing, but something has to be up.
Something must be up cause ALL the Fiat commercials totally show it owning the streets. lol
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:31 PM   #17
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Problem is that Fiat seems to have some issue's delivering a mere 3300 cars to their customers.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:27 AM   #18
BlueSteel07

Drives: Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave View Post
It appears to me that some are forgetting that the Demon ran it's best times in ideal conditions. The average person on the street probably is on the 808 hp tune,probably still has the full interior, and most likely still has the big wheels up front. You'd be surprised just how much weight and rolling resistance affects performance. I really don't think these races are staged, I just think people are posting up the wins against Demons to prove whatever point. I'm sure there are far more videos out there with the Demon beating a lot of cars... but hey, it's a Demon...it's supposed to beat everything on the street . From what I've seen so far, very few of the Demons have run in the 9s with the full drag setup. I'm waiting for my buddy who just got his demon, to take it to the track when it's fully broken in. I don't mess around on the street but maybe I need to try a quick roll race to see just badly he'll most likely beat me.
I agree with this. Ron on the Hellcat forums has ran a 9.93 or so at 136 and SrtMush has ran 10.1x at 136 but both were on the race tune and both were in 500+ DA I believe. 136 mph is a great trap speed with positive DA so I'm curious to see what Demon's trap on the pump gas tune and maybe that's why they don't do that well in roll races. SrtMush picked up about 60 HP and 70 lb ft of torque just with the race tune.

DragTimes is one of the best roll racing Channel that also features a lot of drag racing. He seems like a good guy with great races and his stock 720S is incredibly fast as he consistently traps 140+ in the quarter mile.
BlueSteel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:41 AM   #19
ReefBlueCoupe

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE MBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
LOL, so this guy is making 630 to the wheels on just an intake and a tune? Ok. I disregarded everything he said after that.

Second, he is talking about the Demon which everyone and their grandma knows makes 808 hp and he says "I think they're good for 808 horsepower or something like that", lol!! Man card revoked if he doesn't know what the Demon is making.

Third, I find it surprising that he ran a Demon that had a camera on it...and then he alluded to another video of another Demon, same color, with a camera on it, losing to another ZL1, same color, and a camera in the same location, lol!! And the most peculiar thing is that both races look like the same road.

I'm sorry but these videos have staged written all over them. And probably just to get a rise out of people or to make himself look good. There is no way in hell he is making 630 to the wheels thru the A10 on a CAI intake and tune. There is no way he is walking past a Demon like that or at all or even keeping up with one with that little amount of HP he claims to have even if he did have 630 which is bullshit. There is no way that those weren't the same exact cars on the same exact road in different videos.Sorry, I am not impressed nor do I think any less of the Demon. One day he will run into one, or even just a Hellcat, and he'll get his lunch taken.

And who tunes a car and voids the warranty just for a CAI as the only mod which doesn't even require a tune anyway? I say he is lying. So either his car IS faster than a Demon and he lied about his mods, or he staged the video and those really are his mods but he lied about the HP, or the Demon had a terrible driver and/or was not out of break-in period.
Quote:
He is not making 630 to the wheels on a tune and CAI intake with an A10 ZL1. Those things make around 550 RWHP max. We all know an intake is good for maybe 5-10 HP. SO if I give him the benefit of the doubt and say he is making 550 RWHP and the intake added 10 (improbable but I'll give him that), that would mean he gained 70 HP thru a tune which is no way no how possible. If he is making 630 then he sure as hell has a lot more done to the car. And no idiot gets a tune when their only other mod is a no-tune intake. That doesn't even make any sense.

And it seems to be the trend that these days people go on YT or other social media and straight up lie about their mods and then cover it up with statements about how they don't wanna give away all that is done to the car. But they sure as hell have no problem trying to make other cars look bad by lying about their own mods. What kind of new shit is that? If you don't want to disclose your mods, then don't make a damn video. Or give a realistic approximate number. Lying is lying. And once you start lying is when you lose your credibility. As in the case with this video. If he is willing to lie about his mods, then how do I know the video isn't staged and he lied about everything else too?

And to add, all these Demon vs X videos are shady as hell. Not one of them has been forthcoming or offered any legitimate details or all featured a Demon short-shifting or not shifting properly at all. I don't believe for one second that this kid can beat a Demon or even a Hellcat if those really are his only mods. I don't believe for one second that those are his only mods. I don't believe for one second that either of these videos are different cars on different occasions. These are nothing more than fluff videos. I mean, all the time that Hellcats have been out and he has never raced one yet he just happens upon a Demon that is willing to race him? And why do we never see the Demon owner's face in the video? Is that a hush hush secret too?
This is hilarious. You do realize they don't actually say they're their cars or them driving because it's evidence and admission of street racing on public roads, and that they blur faces and license plates for the same reason, right? Do you also believe they're going from PA to Mexico and back in the same day

As far as voiding warranty, I'm not sure what that has to do with anything when the guys are making $4k+ a month on the LOW end of the income-possibility scale from Youtube ad revenue which comes specifically from the content in the videos, none of which would be interesting if a guy says "Sorry, the car will stay stock for years until the warranty is up, but keep watching me drive a stock car around!" - A month's worth of ad revenue alone will pay for most problems caused by parts breakage, so the voided warranty doesn't matter, and when you get to this level of subscribers and views on Youtube, you now have leverage to feature parts/shops/installations in videos that other companies will pay for in the form of a tremendous discount on parts/labor in exchange for the exposure. Not to mention the extra income from Patreon, clothes, hats, keychains, discount codes to other sites that pay them when someone uses it, or links from Amazon and the like in the Youtube description. The guys making videos like these really don't care - parts break, so what - built it bigger, just as massive amounts of car guys have done for 100 years.

Do a little reading on this culture, because just about everything you've mentioned in your assumptions above is completely wrong and not the way things actually work.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:40 PM   #20
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
well, I have seen that video before. the dude who owns that particular Demon also owns, a new ZR1, a ZL1 1LE, a Viper ACR, A hellcat, a Trackhawk, a Shelby GT 500 and a pimped up wrangler. He's some older dude from Maryland (I think).

He's actually a nice guy for someone who owns basically every popular American muscle car out there. He is not showy or obnoxious about his ability to buy all these things

I don't think this is staged, I think maybe the dude driving the Demon didn't get into it all the way. His Demon was literally delivered a couple of days or so before this video was shot (according to their time frames on their channels).

By the way, BlaqWhole where in NJ are you? You and I seem to have the exact tastes in cars hahaha.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:13 AM   #21
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Another Demon just bit the dust against a manual C7 ZR1, from 40 MPH, from 60 MPH, and from 10 MPH. The faster they went the more the C7 ZR1 pulled. Car was not running the full crate like most owners would be and the C7 ZR1 even pulled when giving the Demon the hit. Watch Street Speed 717's video.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:14 PM   #22
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefBlueCoupe View Post
This is hilarious. You do realize they don't actually say they're their cars or them driving because it's evidence and admission of street racing on public roads, and that they blur faces and license plates for the same reason, right? Do you also believe they're going from PA to Mexico and back in the same day
That's not a thing bro. Do you really think all the YT street racing people are in jail? LOL!! I myself have made plenty of videos and never had an issue not even once. I won't go into details as it is against forum rules.
Quote:
As far as voiding warranty, I'm not sure what that has to do with anything when the guys are making $4k+ a month on the LOW end of the income-possibility scale from Youtube ad revenue which comes specifically from the content in the videos, none of which would be interesting if a guy says "Sorry, the car will stay stock for years until the warranty is up, but keep watching me drive a stock car around!" - A month's worth of ad revenue alone will pay for most problems caused by parts breakage, so the voided warranty doesn't matter, and when you get to this level of subscribers and views on Youtube, you now have leverage to feature parts/shops/installations in videos that other companies will pay for in the form of a tremendous discount on parts/labor in exchange for the exposure. Not to mention the extra income from Patreon, clothes, hats, keychains, discount codes to other sites that pay them when someone uses it, or links from Amazon and the like in the Youtube description. The guys making videos like these really don't care - parts break, so what - built it bigger, just as massive amounts of car guys have done for 100 years.
I have no idea WTF all this rambling is.
Quote:
Do a little reading on this culture, because just about everything you've mentioned in your assumptions above is completely wrong and not the way things actually work.
Oh I assure you I know a good deal about this "culture" homie. If anything you seem to be a little wet behind the ears about this stuff. Come around my way sometime and there are a lot of people who will teach you quite a bit.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:22 PM   #23
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
By the way, BlaqWhole where in NJ are you? You and I seem to have the exact tastes in cars hahaha.
Yes it seems we do!! I'm out in Monmouth County. I have some buddies with HCs, one has a ZL1, a few really fast import guys, and everything in between. Hit me up if you ever are down my way.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:24 PM   #24
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Yes it seems we do!! I'm out in Monmouth County. I have some buddies with HCs, one has a ZL1, a few really fast import guys, and everything in between. Hit me up if you ever are down my way.
I'm in Bergen County. If I ever come down south ill reach out.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:44 AM   #25
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
There's a new video on youtube of a ZL1 A10 and a Hellcat Widebody A8 both stock doing a bunch of dig races. Guess what happens? Insert excuses here: ___________________!
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:22 PM   #26
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
There's a new video on youtube of a ZL1 A10 and a Hellcat Widebody A8 both stock doing a bunch of dig races. Guess what happens? Insert excuses here: ___________________!
There's lots of videos, you're going to have to link which one you're talking about. There'll be no excuse from me if the ZL1 loses. Several of my car friends have A8 Hellcats and several of them have A8 Z06s, and several have A10 ZL1s. They're all very very close to each other, which ever car gets the hit wins. I will say that the Hellcat seems to have a better chance above 100 MPH even if the ZL1 got the hit. Z06s pretty much win every time over both, even with a hit dis-advantage. C6 ZR1's properly driven out-do all of them on the highway above 100. The ZL1 needed to either be lighter or have a power bump if it was to be a highway roller. It's a great triple-threat car.

The Demon is not in the class of the Z06/ZL1, in fact, it doesn't have a class. There's no "Dig only, dedicated drag car, needs a crate to run within half a second of claimed times, and is banned from drag strips" class that I'm aware of. Dodge forces us to compare the Demon to cars it's claimed to beat...That's the cars in the 9.7-10.5 range. So far, it's not living up to claims, not even close to 9.6, let alone consistent 9s.

Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:32 PM   #27
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
There's lots of videos, you're going to have to link which one you're talking about. There'll be no excuse from me if the ZL1 loses. Several of my car friends have A8 Hellcats and several of them have A8 Z06s, and several have A10 ZL1s. They're all very very close to each other, which ever car gets the hit wins. I will say that the Hellcat seems to have a better chance above 100 MPH even if the ZL1 got the hit. Z06s pretty much win every time over both, even with a hit dis-advantage. C6 ZR1's properly driven out-do all of them on the highway above 100. The ZL1 needed to either be lighter or have a power bump if it was to be a highway roller. It's a great triple-threat car.

The Demon is not in the class of the Z06/ZL1, in fact, it doesn't have a class. There's no "Dig only, dedicated drag car, needs a crate to run within half a second of claimed times, and is banned from drag strips" class that I'm aware of. Dodge forces us to compare the Demon to cars it's claimed to beat...That's the cars in the 9.7-10.5 range. So far, it's not living up to claims, not even close to 9.6, let alone consistent 9s.

Video appears in a 7 day youtube search. Hellcat widebody vs ZL1
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:50 PM   #28
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
This one?

https://youtu.be/r4keh92pCdg

What a crappy video. Lol. Anyway’s sorry but not very even starts. I have no doubt the widebody and the ZL1 is a close race. Probably a driver race. But this video isn’t a very good one to judge.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote