Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-17-2021, 06:56 PM   #1
ZL1togo

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Roto Fab. Cotton or synthetic filter

I thought getting the Roto Fab would be easy..... just devise oiled or dry filter. I got on Summit and they have cotton filters for dry or oiled AND synthetic filters for dry or oiled. Now I’m confused. I originally figured the synthetic would be oiled and cotton would be dry but not according to them!
Anyone able to shed some light on this? Thanks
ZL1togo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 09:22 AM   #2
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
The oiled filter helps keeps the mice from building a nest in your airbox.

Not like the other thread and link didn't go through this already. You can buy red green blue and white color and cotton and synthetic. Only certain sizes fit. Some are oiled some are not. I don't like green eggs and ham, Sam I am. All foam, cotton or sythetic filters can be oiled or run dry, paper filters can not be oiled, they don't like green eggs and ham.

To further research green eggs and ham:
https://youtu.be/ItPdeUnu5UI?t=26

The rotofab isn't especially hard to install as far as projects go, but there are two areas that can go wrong. The framework must sit down on frame and it's easy because of rubber and electric wire not to get it seated fully. The other thing is relocating and properly re-grounding one electric wire. If both are not done properly, the hood won't close right and the power steering motor will throw codes and burn out. I and many others have had no problems, some have. If you don't have much project experience or are good at this, it's ok not to put on a cold air intake.

Last edited by silversleeper; 12-18-2021 at 12:57 PM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 04:56 PM   #3
ZL1togo

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Thanks a bunch. The Roto Fab website could use someone like you to help them explain their own product! They don’t do a very good job. Thanks
ZL1togo is offline   Reply With Quote