Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-31-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
714SS/RS

Drives: 2011 Blk SS/RS LS3 6M
SLP Customer Service

......is it always bad? As in "completely unresponsive"? Purchased a part via Ebay and was told that "commerical shipping has to be on a credit card and not paypal---call us." Okay. Day 2 and neither of my calls returned---nor emails responses.

They were certainly quick to charge my paypal, but apparently customer service ends there.....

Never again. Never.
714SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
714SS/RS

My, my, this didn't stay on the front page long at all...... See you tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
Did you buy it from SLP on eBay? Or is it an SLP part sold 3rd party? I have been looking around on ebay a lot for different SLP parts and I have not seen SLP actually selling any of their parts on eBay themselves. You can buy SLP parts directly from SLP's website, and for the most part pretty comperable to buying 3rd party price wise, unless you are buying used.

Give it a few more days and see what happens, if nothing, report it to ebay, and eventually you get your money back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
It has been my experience with them. I can't tell you how many times I have emailed them, and they have never EVER emailed me back or responded in any way. I once started a thread like this, and I finally got an SLP rep to respond, and he said that he didn't know what I was posting about because he checked the email logs and all emails that they had received had been returned...BULL!!!

The bad part is that they make very nice, high quality products, and I like and want nmost of them...but it seems that unless you want to purchase one of their $60,000 cars, that you aren't worth their time.
2010 Victory Red R6P 2SS w/RS package. Gloss black Rallys, 6 speed manual, SLP Loudmouth I exhaust, LS7 style blackout panel, SS emblems front and rear, Custom 69 inspired headlight covers, Vararam no tune, Hurst Short Throw, and MTI Racing rear spoiler, SLP Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Skirts
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
You aren't alone. Back in the early 4th gen days, when SLP was suppossedly the 'big dog' in performance, other people had similar issues. Their service levels are very sporadic. After some of my associates had back experiences, I personally black-balled them. No regrets, as none of their products are revolutionary or high-end, imo.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:52 AM   #6
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
I called them to inquire about getting a possible Camaro5 membership discount and they called me back within a few hours. No discount but the response was timely.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:11 PM   #7
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
When I was getting my spoiler installed I liked the look of the wider ZL585 style stripes, and decided to go that route. I just needed to get the width of the stripes. I sent 4 emails over several weeks and never got a response. Somebody finally replied and they told me that they can't give that info out. I said that I could just go measure them myself if any local dealers had one, so what was the big deal, and he just said sorry, I can't. Thankfully there are some very cool members on here that were nice enough to share SLP's "top level, highly confidential, earth shattering" stripe measurements. I'll never buy another thing off of them.
2010 Victory Red R6P 2SS w/RS package. Gloss black Rallys, 6 speed manual, SLP Loudmouth I exhaust, LS7 style blackout panel, SS emblems front and rear, Custom 69 inspired headlight covers, Vararam no tune, Hurst Short Throw, and MTI Racing rear spoiler, SLP Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Skirts
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #8
714SS/RS

Follow up: Got a response from SLP immediately after my second post, which I appreciate. But, providing a credit card number shouldn't be a huge undertaking requiring multiple attempts at contact. For complete posterity of the record, I will post a follow-up after receipt of the piece.

To answer the earlier reply, the item (an OEM takeoff) was purchased on Ebay directly from SLP.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #9
DarrenJ

Drives: '67 Camaro ZZ4 & 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 714SS/RS View Post
......is it always bad? As in "completely unresponsive"? Purchased a part via Ebay and was told that "commerical shipping has to be on a credit card and not paypal---call us." Okay. Day 2 and neither of my calls returned---nor emails responses.

They were certainly quick to charge my paypal, but apparently customer service ends there.....

Never again. Never.
I've never had an issue with SLP, but I always deal with them directly. Always super service, quick shipping, never a problem.
DarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #10
Jeremy@SLP

Drives: SLP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 714SS/RS View Post

Never again. Never.
SLP would like to comment our side of the Sales Transaction, please note the following:

You purchased the product through our E-Bay Store which clearly stated in the listing "Truck Freight to Commercial/Business Address Only" we do this because shipping oversize truck freight to a Residential address would incur additional shipping charges (we do this to keep the costs down and save you the customer money).

You clicked on “Buy It Now” through our listing and your payment was sent directly thru PayPal (SLP does not charge your PayPal Account) and even though the listing stated "Truck Freight to Commercial/Business Address Only" you used a Residential ship-to address, in addition you only paid for the product itself and did not pay for the flat rate shipping fee as stated in the listing. Normally SLP does not charge a dime until the order is ready to ship, but with Ebay/Paypal you send the money when you click on the "Buy It Now".

SLP immediately contacted you via email thru E-Bay to explain that we cannot ship to a Residential address. Since you already paid with PayPal, SLP asked if you would like to pick the product up at your local UPS Freight Service Center, you replied and asked if we could ship to your work address, SLP then responded thru our E-Bay email explaining the following choices.

A) SLP can ship the product to your local UPS Freight Service Center and you can pick it up there.
or
B) SLP can refund you the PayPal payment amount in full and you would need to re-pay with PayPal (and use a Commercial/Business Address as the PayPal Confirmed Address)
or
C) You can simply pay with a Credit Card so we can ship to a third party address.

After this you no longer replied to our E-Bay e-mail, you e-mailed thru our general contact us form on the SLP website which in-turn took longer for your reply to get to me. You also left a voicemail in the general SLP voicemail box and when I eventually got the voicemail it was 8:30am EST so, I emailed you asking to contact me at my direct extension at your earliest convenience (because it was 5:30am PST, and it was too early to contact you via telephone).

Unfortunately Paypal's shipping policy prevents us from shipping to a third party address, and having to ship this particular product via truck freight this order was slightly more complicated than your typical order.

Fast forward and you chose option C and thankfully we were able to finalize the transaction. SLP provided all the necessary details along the way, accommodated you throughout the process and successfully shipped your product last week and provided you with a tracking number.

Jeremy
SLP Performance Parts
Jeremy@SLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:29 AM   #11
AintQik

Drives: 67 Pro-Tourer, 12 SS
Wouldn't this all of been handled in like 5 minutes if you just picked up the phone and called them and waited to speak to a person instead of sending emails?

I've got the answering machine several times but called back until I got a human. Everything was taken care of immediately. When I had to be called back, or call back myself, I got the number of the guy I was talking to direct and left a message on his personal number. Was called back within 15 minutes. All this for a $300 part. So I'd say my experience was not bad.
AintQik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #12
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
^ I'm with this guy pick up the phone. Only excuse would be at your job you aren't allowed to make phone calls. Which would also mean you shouldn't be ordering parts so yeh. No reason not to call till answered.
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #13
Chevy69er

Drives: 2011 SLP ZL-585, 13' Silverado
Having problems with their customer/vendor service. Apparently 3 months is an acceptable amount of time to pay tow bill and for warranty services?

I thought SLP was top notch- guess not!
Chevy69er is offline   Reply With Quote