Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-24-2018, 06:54 AM   #29
Zl1dad
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 zl1
Bump

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Zl1dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:22 AM   #30
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zl1dad View Post
The use of protection huh?? FB only knows what you tell them so...

Not even remotely true. FB records your voice and data mines your entire life, from taking pictures to stalking your friends, emails and 100% of everything else you do through your phone, including financial data. Whatever your worst nightmare is involving FB or NSA, it's possible so long as the app is installed on your phone, period. Anyone that believes otherwise is completely oblivious to technology, go watch the movie Snowden for a tip of the iceberg view. Granted, most aren't criminals and have nothing to hide so the fact the capability is possible is meaningless to the majority of the world.

On a side note, FB for group knowledge is the worst platform in existence. Search functions are horrible, threads do not exist or impossible to find and members end up replying to the same beaten horse every month only wanting to strangle the next idiot needing to satisfy their insatiable need for instant gratification through yet another posting. Forums have owned this space since the evolution of internet. Regardless, there are extremely reputable ZL1 groups and pages in existence for years ran by proven leaders and supported by professional sponsors (including GM), why someone would go elsewhere is beyond logic.

Last edited by Snoman; 07-24-2018 at 07:32 AM.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:33 AM   #31
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
This. FB's sole purpose is data mining. They then sell it and share it.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:46 PM   #32
Zl1dad
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Not even remotely true. FB records your voice and data mines your entire life, from taking pictures to stalking your friends, emails and 100% of everything else you do through your phone, including financial data. Whatever your worst nightmare is involving FB or NSA, it's possible so long as the app is installed on your phone, period. Anyone that believes otherwise is completely oblivious to technology, go watch the movie Snowden for a tip of the iceberg view. Granted, most aren't criminals and have nothing to hide so the fact the capability is possible is meaningless to the majority of the world.

On a side note, FB for group knowledge is the worst platform in existence. Search functions are horrible, threads do not exist or impossible to find and members end up replying to the same beaten horse every month only wanting to strangle the next idiot needing to satisfy their insatiable need for instant gratification through yet another posting. Forums have owned this space since the evolution of internet. Regardless, there are extremely reputable ZL1 groups and pages in existence for years ran by proven leaders and supported by professional sponsors (including GM), why someone would go elsewhere is beyond logic.
The FB platform is way easier to use then coming into this forum. If your not computer savvy this forum will confuse you. Fb is very easy to use and not sure what you mean by search feature not working bc it works great. I use it all the time. I have nothing to hide and I don't believe for a second that facebook is accessing my bank account info and such and if it was I'd have a bigger problem with my financial institutions app by allowing fb to access it. And if you don't have all the linstening and search features deactived on your phone, the phone itself is listening and tracking all your info, google keep track of everything you do on your phone. If you think facebook is the problem then you should go back to using a land line or a dumb phone .

My Zl1 group offers a ton of support and even though I started in here for knowledge I have learned waaaaaaay more from other Zl1 owners on Facebook about my car.

I also don't or haven't been yelled at and reprimanded for posting something in the wrong area bc I wasn't sure how this while forum works. This forum is the OG place to come for 5th gen support but these Facebook groups are great also. We also have a Zl1 parts groups that doesn't come any easier when searching or listing parts for sale.

If you dont wanna venture outside of this forum that's your loss. Fb also has a way bigger personal relationship with it's members then on here. All I know about you is your username and maybe you year car. That's about it. Don't know if your 5 yrs old or 62. Can't add you as a friend and get to know you on a personal level either. Yea I think you can be friends on here but what does that mean?? Don't see you with the with and kids what no(no that that's why we are car friends) but I could walk past you in the store and not even know you blahblah from camaro forum. Also alot easier to get shady sales from jimbob61 when that's all i know about that person.

Anyways if you don't wanna join then don't. But don't hate on all the members that are on FB and receive tons of support that way

Old 07-24-2018, 06:45 PM   #33
Zl1dad
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post

At the end you basically said, I'm (you) are a zl1 exclusive weenie and that's the reason there is no reason to go anywhere else. If your tired of seeing all the 6th gen nonsense then my group is the place to be. I also don't get wrapped up in my feelings and kick people out of the group for giving good advice or better yet kick people out of the group for advertising for the group through members of the group. Our group is a very mature group and offers lots of support. Don't knock it until you try it.

Last edited by Zl1dad; 07-24-2018 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:19 PM   #34
SSdude

Drives: Super Sport
FB = wrong platform for this unless socializing is the priority. I'm a technologist and not yet an old fart and I actually developed apps on facebook at one point for a living. Not anymore I deactivated my profiles 4 years back and I now have a life. Not knocking u or the group. We are all good folks here (or at least I hope so) . Specifically just knocking the platform. Of course its a personal choice. To each his own.