Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-01-2023, 04:22 PM   #15
jfkheat
jfkheat

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue ZL1
I am a big guy and I don't like them. When I was shopping for a 2SS a month or so ago I found a car I really liked. It has the Recaro seats. I had never sat in a car with them so I found a local Chevy dealer that just got a car in with those seats. I went to the dealership just to sit in the car to see if I liked the seats. They were uncomfortable to me. They were tight on my back and butt. The next day I told the dealer that had the car I liked that I was going to pass on the car. I hated to do that because I liked the car and it was a very good deal. It was a new 2023 2SS that the dealer had listed at $4800 below MSRP. They still have the car.
jfkheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 04:34 PM   #16
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkheat View Post
I am a big guy and I don't like them. When I was shopping for a 2SS a month or so ago I found a car I really liked. It has the Recaro seats. I had never sat in a car with them so I found a local Chevy dealer that just got a car in with those seats. I went to the dealership just to sit in the car to see if I liked the seats. They were uncomfortable to me. They were tight on my back and butt. The next day I told the dealer that had the car I liked that I was going to pass on the car. I hated to do that because I liked the car and it was a very good deal. It was a new 2023 2SS that the dealer had listed at $4800 below MSRP. They still have the car.
I am sort of in the same boat as you, I have very wide shoulders and a larger back (because of fat not muscle, the back not shoulders), but I am able to massage my self into the seat after a few minutes of driving. I do like the lumbar support that is not offered on them.
CalgaryZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 05:13 PM   #17
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I am very comfortable in my Recaros, at 5'8" and 140 lbs.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 05:26 PM   #18
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I’m comfortable in my Recaros in my ZL1! Once they get broken in to your body weight/shape they should be more comfortable! At least that’s what I found out.
Old 12-01-2023, 05:38 PM   #19
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Drives: Black 2023 Chevrolet ZL1 A10
I'm 6' 2", 235lbs with athletic build, they fit me well and are comfortable to sit in, in my opinion
Old 12-01-2023, 06:27 PM   #20
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
The Recaros are fantastic, and if you have the entry/exit mode you can easily get in and out.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 07:00 PM   #21
CalgaryZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
The Recaros are fantastic, and if you have the entry/exit mode you can easily get in and out.
Yes, it’s called the finger on the switch to push the seat all the way back and or memory setting
Old 12-01-2023, 07:00 PM   #22
CalgaryZL1

It’s the goddamn bolsters that remind me I am fat getting in and out of the ****ing car
Old 12-02-2023, 07:37 AM   #23
NovaSS4spdFan

Drives: 2024 2SS vert w/M6 & Dual Mode. Red
The Recaros ,for me, placed me lower in the seat- even with vertical adjustment. I also found them to require more effort for this old body to get out.
That said, they're a nice appearance upgrade over the stock fabric seats. For the young to mid-age driver who engages in track or spirited driving they're no doubt the best option for a very good price.
NovaSS4spdFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 08:51 AM   #24
david_acm

Drives: LT1
How much lower in the car do you think you sit in the recaros compared to the normal seats?
david_acm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 10:16 AM   #25
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
For comfort, prefer the SS seats.

The Recaros depend on your build. My wife doesn't like them because it applies pressure on her outer thigh and causes pain. The upper bolsters I'm not fond of because they go a bit too high and make the back feel cramped and difficult to sit back flat against.

I had some vintage Recaros in my IROC where the bolsters fit a lot better.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 10:37 AM   #26
scott_0

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue Metallic SS 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideWithDanger View Post
The seats being comfortable is entirely subjective to you, especially when compared to other seats, but there is no lumbar support. I actually have some bad back problems but don't find the seats uncomfortable at all. I prefer the Recaro seats over the non Recaros I had in my other Camaro and as a daily driver they have been great.

The only downside is that the big bolsters make me feel like I have to be more conscious of getting in and out so I don't damage them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
Ditto - you got any suggestions on protecting them, at least from the friction of twisting to get in and out? Besides 'sell the car to a lighter, shorter, more acrobatic person'.

What seems to make it impossible (even if I were 'half the man I am today') is getting a foot into the steering box yet leg being blocked by the wheel, and the (otherwise excellent) knee pad on the right stopping you from getting leg around the wheel during entry.

Maybe if they'd mounted a sort of 's**t'-handle in the middle of the ceiling. . .
my intentions were to drive my 18 1le as my daily, but a week in it with the Recaros changed my mind, it wasn't that they weren't comfortable, it was that I was afraid to damage the aggressive bolsters in daily ingress/egress.

As mentioned, using easy exit would help greatly...
scott_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 12:28 PM   #27
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
my intentions were to drive my 18 1le as my daily, but a week in it with the Recaros changed my mind, it wasn't that they weren't comfortable, it was that I was afraid to damage the aggressive bolsters in daily ingress/egress.

As mentioned, using easy exit would help greatly...
Just curious but is it the “upper” bolster that is against the side of your back that you’re afraid of damaging or the lower bolster? The reason I ask is because I don’t think there is a way to not have your thighs rest on top of the lower bolster when getting out and was curious if people worry about ruining the lower bolster because of that.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 01:10 PM   #28
scott_0

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue Metallic SS 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Just curious but is it the “upper” bolster that is against the side of your back that you’re afraid of damaging or the lower bolster? The reason I ask is because I don’t think there is a way to not have your thighs rest on top of the lower bolster when getting out and was curious if people worry about ruining the lower bolster because of that.
both take a beating, but the lower more so
scott_0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recaro seats