Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #15
wavrun2000
o come on

Drives: 06 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Sheesh...you think Chevrolet would be more selective on who they allow to use the Camaro, because when I think Camaro...I instantly think Country music...NOT!
Well if you were to ask a mustang owner what the Camaro is they will probably say it is a mullet mobile.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:50 PM   #16
ChevyBoiSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmobile View Post
You are right D1BADZ, I absolutely hate rap. I will listen to anything but rap. It is mostly derogatory remarks coming from people that can't sing so they use computer effects to cover it up. Songs need meaning and poetry to them and most rap lacks that. And that poor Cutlass on 30" rims ruined the entire video. A disgrace to a beautiful car IMHO.
Well first off, rap isnt singing lol. Its quite the opposite and if you dont understand the culture from which its origin came then I wouldnt expect you to know the difference. And I have seen just as many derogatory Rock socks as Rap if not more!! And please dont tell me that those guys can sing. And if you would give some artists a chance you would learn that the more successful rap artists are poets and are not just rapping about their 30's on their hummer. Some talk about more important things especially motivating artists who help the younger population and push forward for the next generation to do something with themselves. I see no difference between Rock and Rap. IMHO

and yeah i remember that video of T.I. having the Impala SS and Camaro Concept in the video.. he even had a couple commericals with Dale Jr.

Thinking bout Victory Red 1SS/RS with Matte Black Custom Stripes. Automatic Transmission (L99)
and apparently a $900 dollar whole in my roof.

OHH.. DID I MENTION 24" off THE GROUND?!
ChevyBoiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:17 AM   #17
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
i like rodney's music and the car is hot obviously
a buncha country music singers are hooked up with chevy now including rodney
they even got their own calender (dale jr. is with the camaro, & chuck wicks also on a different month)
Old 03-25-2009, 12:39 AM   #18
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
i just saw the video on cmt awsome vid i live country music there's a song called Camaro here in Laredo that play on the radio I will try to downloaded and post it up. i saw the link on the 5th post put here is the one from cmt
http://www.cmt.com/videos/rodney-atk...-america.jhtml
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:43 AM   #19
fierodeletre

Drives: 02 WS6 TA, 88 Fiero Formula
The guy in ACUs has no patches of any kind on. No flag, no unit, no name, no rank, no US ARMY. He may as well be wearing ACU pyjamas. Oh, and that's one hot SS.
fierodeletre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:02 AM   #20
New2010CamaroLover

Drives: 2015 Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Whether you like country or rap you can't deny that was a perfect song for the Camaro. It's America!!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #21
Rman91Bird
People call me a ricer

Drives: 1999 Grand Prix GT
Looks like they are going to prom. Autoblog did rate it as one of the 10 best first date cars!!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:22 PM   #22
oldsmobile

Drives: '98 Olds Aurora
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyBoiSS View Post
Well first off, rap isnt singing lol. Its quite the opposite and if you dont understand the culture from which its origin came then I wouldnt expect you to know the difference. And I have seen just as many derogatory Rock socks as Rap if not more!! And please dont tell me that those guys can sing. And if you would give some artists a chance you would learn that the more successful rap artists are poets and are not just rapping about their 30's on their hummer. Some talk about more important things especially motivating artists who help the younger population and push forward for the next generation to do something with themselves. I see no difference between Rock and Rap. IMHO

and yeah i remember that video of T.I. having the Impala SS and Camaro Concept in the video.. he even had a couple commericals with Dale Jr.
Most of the rap that I hear has a lot of computer effects and is light on meaning.It might just be the specific genre that the person I hear it from listens to though. And since you seem to have more interest and understanding of the genre could you answer this for me? What is a shorty? Or Shawty? I don't know how it is spelled or what it means.
oldsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:14 PM   #23
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Great Camaro spots, in the video. I know we want more, but at least the producers are aware that it's (Camaro) out there and I'm sure we'll be seeing more of the car in videos, commercials, etc. ROCKS!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #24
mmarcum

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro SS
Thanks, I watched it on mute.
mmarcum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #25
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I sat through that second vid so I could see a few very breif shots of a car they got late and shot some extra footage while they had it?

What did they have it for ten minutes?

Gotta say I would have got better shots than that.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:17 PM   #26
Anaconda

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 6-speed VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmobile View Post
Most of the rap that I hear has a lot of computer effects and is light on meaning.It might just be the specific genre that the person I hear it from listens to though. And since you seem to have more interest and understanding of the genre could you answer this for me? What is a shorty? Or Shawty? I don't know how it is spelled or what it means.
Not to derail the thread but to answer your questions. I do believe that the term "shorty" refers to "girl". Like thats my "shorty". Yes you do hear alot of computer effects and most of it nowadays does lack meaning. Keyword MOST. Especially the stuff you see on tv and hear on the radio. Though there are several artists out there whom do actually provide meaning and play instruments in hip hop as strange as that may sound to alot of people.
Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #27
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Am I the only one who thinks it's lame when these country artists try to cash in on the "America" theme? I was especially irritated with the post-9/11 one... talk about taking advantage of people's emotions to make a profit... sheesh!! I think South Park absolutely hit the nail on the head when they did their parody of that scenario
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:49 PM   #28
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suskam View Post
I can't sit thru a whole country video to see a Camaro.
Dang man he gave you the exact seconds at which it's in the video. Just mute, and watch!