Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-04-2018, 12:24 AM   #71
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
As much as I love living in Beijing, there are a few things that really bother me. One is wind, the other is rain. I love wind and rain when I am in the states, I love the wind for sailing and rain is usually pleasant in Michigan, but in China the wind and rain just bring dirt and sand... I must have washed my car 3 time in the past 4 days. The weather report didn't say anything other than partly cloudy or else I would have held off on the washing. Anyway, here is the morning after I washed and waxed my car...
Attached Images

rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 12:36 AM   #72
rocknroll_jeph

And post 2 for today! This past weekend was a holiday. We went on a day trip to hike in the mountains. My health app said I climbed 138 flights of stairs that day... Going out there and back it is always fun to drive in the twists and turns of the mountain roads just outside of Beijing. Fortunately there wasn't too much traffic and I could take the turns with some fun speeds. My wife expected me to take a picture with my car, so I had to share the photo she too here too. Now that the weather is getting better I hope to go on more road trips. 18 years in Beijing and there is still so much I haven't seen yet.
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2018, 03:22 AM   #73
rocknroll_jeph

We've been having a lot of rain in Beijing. I parked my car in my usual spot outside the school where I work. Half way through the day my friend sent me a picture and said I should probably move my car...

The picture of the small river next to the fence is a 3 foot deep ditch that runs the whole length of the street. Fortunately I moved my car to dry land before it got any worse. And it did. There was a Mini Cooper that started floating away on the street shortly after I moved my car.
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2018, 07:32 AM   #74
13DuskKY

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SSRS Convertible
I hope the rain helps clear up Beijing's atmosphere. I will be back in Shanghai for a couple days in Oct and dont look forward to the pollution
13DuskKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 01:08 AM   #75
rocknroll_jeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13DuskKY View Post
I hope the rain helps clear up Beijing's atmosphere. I will be back in Shanghai for a couple days in Oct and dont look forward to the pollution
It sure did. The sky is a beautiful blue and the temps are perfect. I hope Shanghai is nice for you. October is always a good month to be in China!