Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-07-2018, 10:37 PM   #15
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstorm View Post
I sometimes do get weird looks about it. Some people ask what it is. I'm guessing they think it's the alcoholic drink lol
Honestly, if someone asked me that’s what I would claim. Like someone else posted, I couldn’t support the crook that is John Hennessy. Hell I’ll scrounge around and see if I can find a windshield sticker I can send you and replace that one.

Your car looks amazing, please don’t think I’m knocking that... I love the look of a windshield sticker, but not that one...

My next mod for you should you choose to accept, lower that car... bout 1.5 inches all around... Perfect...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:41 PM   #16
Rahnok
Fish Poop Aficionado

Drives: 2015 2LS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Honestly, if someone asked me that’s what I would claim. Like someone else posted, I couldn’t support the crook that is John Hennessy. Hell I’ll scrounge around and see if I can find a windshield sticker I can send you and replace that one.

Your car looks amazing, please don’t think I’m knocking that... I love the look of a windshield sticker, but not that one...

My next mod for you should you choose to accept, lower that car... bout 1.5 inches all around... Perfect...
Maybe a 'Phastek' or 'Camaro' windshield banner? I absolutely hate the redundancy of a big banner that says 'Camaro' on the windshield, but I guess it’s better than the Hennessy banner.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:46 PM   #17
silverstorm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahnok View Post
I too was not a huge fan of black wheels. I guess it’s because matte/satin wheels are more common and they make the wheel seem kinda dull and dirty. It’s kinda overused, but I think silver is one of the few colors where you can pull off black wheels nicely.

Here’s some pics of my wheel skins (fancy hubcaps ). They really completed the look of all of my cosmetic mods. In a way, it kinda makes the car look lower and wider imo. They were my much cheaper alternative to getting new wheels/tires cuz I work in fast food.
I feel your pain with fast food. Dunkin Donuts was my first job and I just couldn't handle it after a year, just not enough money. I was planning on painting my wheels black too but I just thought it would look tacky but I see yours don't especially with the gloss they have
silverstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:50 PM   #18
silverstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post

I did plan on lowering the car a few months ago since potholes are starting to get filled in and roads are getting new pavement.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:53 PM   #19
silverstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahnok View Post
Maybe a 'Phastek' or 'Camaro' windshield banner? I absolutely hate the redundancy of a big banner that says 'Camaro' on the windshield, but I guess it’s better than the Hennessy banner.
Yeah, I really don't understand the point of a banner that says "Camaro" or "Chevy". But a Phastek one wouldn't be a bad choice as a replacement.
Old 08-07-2018, 11:12 PM   #20
Rahnok
Fish Poop Aficionado

Drives: 2015 2LS SIM
Quote:
I feel your pain with fast food. Dunkin Donuts was my first job and I just couldn't handle it after a year, just not enough money. I was planning on painting my wheels black too but I just thought it would look tacky but I see yours don't especially with the gloss they have
Hopefully, I’ll be out of the fast food industry within a year and have my own business. It does help that I am a manager so I make enough to afford my car and put a good bit towards retirement, but I want the extra freedom and this job is driving me insane. There is waaaaaay too much drama at Chick-fil-A.

I also went with the wheel skins because if I decided I wanted to experiment with a new look, I could pop the covers off and paint them. If I don’t like the new look, it’s not permanent and I can easily revert it back to the original gloss black.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:40 PM   #21
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
^

this post might lead to squakvfr to post his stupidest thing graphic again...

I'm going to start a go fund me for you OP, with a $20 goal to replace that poor choice windshield sticker and find more attractive fender graphics
Attached Images

silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:05 PM   #22
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
^

I'm going to start a go fund me for you OP, with a $20 goal to replace that poor choice windshield sticker and find more attractive fender graphics
Really dig the first one. ha ha
Old 08-08-2018, 02:13 PM   #23
Syclone

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Sweet !
Old 08-08-2018, 02:16 PM   #24
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwdan View Post
Really dig the first one. ha ha
I lol'd when I saw it too. Leave it to the Chinese (aliexpress) to print up and sell stuff that they have no idea what it means
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:41 PM   #25
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I need the first one as well.... Hellastock....

My car is so stock no performance shop will touch it....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:44 PM   #26
LETHAL2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Rid the car of the Hennessey sticker.
2010 Camaro 2SS-Mods: Nightfury cam, CNC ported LS3 heads, CNC ported TB, Ported Intake, RX Catch Can, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mantic 9000 Clutch, TSP 1 7/8 headers, catless NPP, BMR trailing arms, MMR Z/28 Reps 20" gloss black. SOLD

2011 Red Jewel Tintcoat 2SS-Mods: Edlebrock E Force S/C w/ 3" pulley swap,Texas Speed roller Boost Cam 227/235, 641"/649", 114 LSA, PRC Ported Heads, Ported TB,ARH 1 7/8 headers, McLeod RST twin disk 1000 hp clutch, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 620whp
LETHAL2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:47 PM   #27
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Yeah, I really don't understand the point of a banner that says "Camaro" or "Chevy". But a Phastek one wouldn't be a bad choice as a replacement.
Pm sent
Old 08-08-2018, 03:56 PM   #28
silverstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
^

Hellastock I'll take one, my car is all looks and no performance