Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-29-2010, 06:48 PM   #533
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
BTW, I've mentioned this before, but I'll mention it again...
When I first got my car, it didn't seem my "iPod with Video" (60 BGB). I updated the firmware on the iPod and it fixed that.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:49 PM   #534
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
They replaced the PDIM (or MMIM) module today and it seems to be working fine. The only symptom mine had before was that it would "see" either AUX or iPod when I'd press that button.
Is your new PDIM at software version CE?
Old 04-29-2010, 06:50 PM   #535
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Is your new PDIM at software version CE?
I didn't check it myself, but the dealear said that they updated it to the latest software today.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #536
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I didn't check it myself, but the dealear said that they updated it to the latest software today.
I wonder if a new update will come out with the 2011 Camaro.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:30 PM   #537
evilbeef54
tail lights for u

Drives: Bumble Bee 2010 2SS/RS
Well, after reading through 22 pages i fairly disappointed, i was hoping i could find a way to fix this. Got my new 2SS/RS last week, it came with HW CC SW CE, i am using a 30 GB 1st gen Zune, most of my music came from the Zune MArketplace, using the zune cable. The issues i am having are:

1) I can not acces my playlists, i can see the option for playlists but can not select it, nothing hapens when i hit select.
2) it will not remember that it was on random
3)it WILL remember the song that i was on however when it is done with that song it goes to the next alphabetical song in my entire library, it will not remember if i was in an album or artisr
4) a few seconds before the end of every song the music stops for a second or two

I would go out and buy an Ipod right now, however it sounds like the music i got through the zune market place wont work with an ipod and it sounds like the ipod doesnt have a monthly subscription for unlimited music like the zune does, is that correct? I can afford to buy an ipod and then have to buy a ton of albums, if i could just keep paying the 15 per mo and have unlimited music i'd switch but for now it sounds like i just have to wait for a possible zune fix. unless anyone has any other ideas? it sounds like a few people have their zunes working
evilbeef54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:37 PM   #538
ChuckBuSSter

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
I wonder if a new update will come out with the 2011 Camaro.
GM & Daewoo are working on updated software to fix PDIM issues. I have experimental PDIM software in my car. A GM Engineer installed it a few weeks ago. It fixed the issues I was having accessing music on a flash drive. The same issue may be affecting IPOD interfacing. The engineer that installed it told me he would install the production released code when it was available. I'll provide an update when this happens.
ChuckBuSSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:35 AM   #539
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckBuSSter View Post
GM & Daewoo are working on updated software to fix PDIM issues. I have experimental PDIM software in my car. A GM Engineer installed it a few weeks ago. It fixed the issues I was having accessing music on a flash drive. The same issue may be affecting IPOD interfacing. The engineer that installed it told me he would install the production released code when it was available. I'll provide an update when this happens.
This sounds very positive. Please let us know.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #540
sstphoenix

Drives: Black 2LT RS 5th gen
PDIM replaced - same problem

Well, my pdim was replaced today and i am having the same problem.
I wont complain since GM at least to the time and money to try n solve the issue.

I was told its working fine with one of GM's mechanics ipods. I wasnt there to see it work so i cant really confirm that.

Seems menu display issues are not hardware issues.

Looks like its a software problem.

Ill check tomorrow to see what ipod they used n maybe next day off work ill swing by n see if its true it works with their ipod. If so, ill go get the same model.

Meanwhile, time to create playlists so i dont have to search for artists so much.

ill check back on this thread for when the new software is out so i can give it a try.

sstphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:30 AM   #541
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstphoenix View Post
I was told its working fine with one of GM's mechanics ipods. I wasnt there to see it work so i cant really confirm that.
For me, the issues are intermittent, so I am not surprised that it worked for the repairman.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 08:53 AM   #542
RogueSS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6 #100296
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstphoenix View Post
Well, my pdim was replaced today and i am having the same problem.
I wont complain since GM at least to the time and money to try n solve the issue.

Seems menu display issues are not hardware issues.

Looks like its a software problem.

Ill check tomorrow to see what ipod they used n maybe next day off work ill swing by n see if its true it works with their ipod. If so, ill go get the same model.

Meanwhile, time to create playlists so i dont have to search for artists so much.

ill check back on this thread for when the new software is out so i can give it a try.

I bought an iPod Classic to keep in the car, and I've had 0 problems with it.

My iPhone didn't work as well (And I understand the 3.0 OS for the iPhone/iPod Touch caused those issues) as it would have some issues displaying things on the screen....and I got tired of taking it in and out of the car.

The only issue I've had with my Classic was an iPod issue, it locked itself up....other than that it's been great...cost me some money sure, but it's more convenient than anything else I could do.

All work by JDP Motorsports

04/14/12: 381 RWHP 383 RWTQ at JDP Motorsports
RogueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:38 AM   #543
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
I've got a Sansa e270 that I plugged in the other day when I first got my PDIM installed and it worked. I unplugged it and put more music on it that night and when I went and plugged it back in the next day it told me Device Not Recognized. WTF!?!?!?!?

I synced up my Iphone via bluetooth and plan on putting some music on that. Hopefully, it will sync up again. They need to get this software fixed ASAP. What a cluster.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #544
BrandonGoodman

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Camaro
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSS View Post
I bought an iPod Classic to keep in the car, and I've had 0 problems with it.

My iPhone didn't work as well (And I understand the 3.0 OS for the iPhone/iPod Touch caused those issues) as it would have some issues displaying things on the screen....and I got tired of taking it in and out of the car.

The only issue I've had with my Classic was an iPod issue, it locked itself up....other than that it's been great...cost me some money sure, but it's more convenient than anything else I could do.
I also have a classic that has been in the car since day 1. I've had one specific problem also since day 1. The track information displayed on the screen in the car will always end up frozen. The ipod will continue playing and functioning normally but the car stops receiving updated track information and will not be able to control the prev/next functions using the steering wheel. I can rotate the knob on the right side of the radio to scroll through playlists and directly access other songs and the iPod will play appropriately but the car never updates the display once it has frozen like this until the next time I get in the car.

Its very frustrating but I haven't wanted to leave it at the dealer for this issue because I haven't heard of anyone else on here having this issue corrected yet. Or am I wrong? Has there been a reliable fix released for this issue yet?
7/18/09 bought it off another dealer's lot

Prior:
1984 305 Camaro
1997 5.7L Z28 Camaro
BrandonGoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #545
RogueSS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6 #100296
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonGoodman View Post
I also have a classic that has been in the car since day 1. I've had one specific problem also since day 1. The track information displayed on the screen in the car will always end up frozen. The ipod will continue playing and functioning normally but the car stops receiving updated track information and will not be able to control the prev/next functions using the steering wheel. I can rotate the knob on the right side of the radio to scroll through playlists and directly access other songs and the iPod will play appropriately but the car never updates the display once it has frozen like this until the next time I get in the car.

Its very frustrating but I haven't wanted to leave it at the dealer for this issue because I haven't heard of anyone else on here having this issue corrected yet. Or am I wrong? Has there been a reliable fix released for this issue yet?

I have the latest software (My car was built March 5th of this year) and I have never had my display freeze...I'll cross my fingers, but it seems this may have been fixed in later updates if you don't have the most current software.

All work by JDP Motorsports

04/14/12: 381 RWHP 383 RWTQ at JDP Motorsports
RogueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #546
BrandonGoodman

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSS View Post
I have the latest software (My car was built March 5th of this year) and I have never had my display freeze...I'll cross my fingers, but it seems this may have been fixed in later updates if you don't have the most current software.
I'm sure mine is not the most recent. It was from one of the earlier production batches last summer. I guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and schedule a service appointment.
7/18/09 bought it off another dealer's lot

Prior:
1984 305 Camaro
1997 5.7L Z28 Camaro

Last edited by BrandonGoodman; 05-05-2010 at 01:00 PM. Reason: spelling
BrandonGoodman is offline   Reply With Quote