Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 11-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Wheel/Halfshaft/something noise... Take a Listen

Just happened to take the car out for a drive since the weather was nice. Happened to hear a very odd noise when I came to a rolling stop at a light. Heard it again as I turned onto my road...
I don't know if the sound is there always due to the loudness of my exhaust (which wasn't picked up in the video thank goodness) The noise does not exist when on a jack and free spinning the wheel.

Quick run down;
2SS L99 with only 7,200ish Miles
Additional modifications in signature.

Any thoughts / Ideas???? Wheel Bearings? Diff? Brakes rubbing?

Hope you can hear it :(

And before anyone asks what it looks like underneath... (aside from being dirty)

Last edited by Ject; 11-23-2011 at 09:23 PM.
Ject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Ject, I'd have to suggest having this noise checked out by your dealer. In this case I'd suggest having a dealer tech ride with you while you replicate this issue for them and see what they have to say. You can also show them this video as well to back up your claims just to make a more compelling case and to try and isolate the noise as well if it's a bit tough to hear over your exhaust. That way you get the best possible diagnosis you can get and hopefully they are able to get this taken care of for you. Let me know if you do decide to take your vehicle in.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
Ject
aka Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Ject, I'd have to suggest having this noise checked out by your dealer. In this case I'd suggest having a dealer tech ride with you while you replicate this issue for them and see what they have to say. You can also show them this video as well to back up your claims just to make a more compelling case and to try and isolate the noise as well if it's a bit tough to hear over your exhaust. That way you get the best possible diagnosis you can get and hopefully they are able to get this taken care of for you. Let me know if you do decide to take your vehicle in.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Just seems as if something isn't lubricated or enough
If I can't figure something out this weekend I'll take it in sometime next week when the weather is nice.

Doesn't make the sound when pressure is taken off the wheels/suspension..
Old 11-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
55Designs

Drives: 2010
ject carefully check the E Brake cables for any signs of rubbing.

you might also want to re-torque your wheels and rear suspension by hand, Cadillac has a similar noise on all CTS models identified as clicking and the problem is caused from low wheel torque. I would look their first if the axles or something major was wrong there would be obvious signs.
55Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:00 PM   #5
Ject
aka Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Designs View Post
ject carefully check the E Brake cables for any signs of rubbing.

you might also want to re-torque your wheels and rear suspension by hand, Cadillac has a similar noise on all CTS models identified as clicking and the problem is caused from low wheel torque. I would look their first if the axles or something major was wrong there would be obvious signs.
Thanks

I didn't catch it but on the passenger side it looks like it may have rubbed once or twice at some point of time, Doesn't appear this would be the issue as there is about 1/2-3/4 inch of clearance as it currently sits but.... I will pull the line forward some to give it about 1.5" clearance

Passenger side (been nicked a time or two it appears)

Last edited by Ject; 11-23-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Ject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
Ject
aka Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Designs View Post

Appears 3 Lug nuts on driver rear tire were @ around 60-70lbs torque and the rest were @ 100-110. All other tires were 125lbs give or take 5lbs

Every Lug Nut on the car is now set to 135lbs
Will see in morning if this was the issue.