Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 01-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #29
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I'll say this...I respect Ray Lewis as a player.

However, I really dislike the attention whoring he does as a player. The celebration during the kneel down was so freaking disrespectful. He wants to be in the cameras eye, and he wants to do his silly dance. It's fine to do it on the sideline for teammates or during the player announcements...but that was over the top, and just sad.

With all that said, I still want the Ravens to win because I don't want the 49ers to win

I also have to say that I have no respect for him as a person because of him obstructing the investigation of murder. Whether he did it or not doesn't matter. The fact that he hid the bloody suit, and other things shows he lacks character.

In Baltimore, you may not see it the same way, but that's because you see with a Homer's eyes. The rest of the nation, we DO see this as a problem.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #30
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I'll say this...I respect Ray Lewis as a player.

However, I really dislike the attention whoring he does as a player. The celebration during the kneel down was so freaking disrespectful. He wants to be in the cameras eye, and he wants to do his silly dance. It's fine to do it on the sideline for teammates or during the player announcements...but that was over the top, and just sad.

With all that said, I still want the Ravens to win because I don't want the 49ers to win

I also have to say that I have no respect for him as a person because of him obstructing the investigation of murder. Whether he did it or not doesn't matter. The fact that he hid the bloody suit, and other things shows he lacks character.

In Baltimore, you may not see it the same way, but that's because you see with a Homer's eyes. The rest of the nation, we DO see this as a problem.
The kneel down dance is definitely seen differently here than anywhere else. He didn't do it to be disrespectful, and anyone who sees it that way is missing the point. That was the last time he was ever going to be seen on that field, in front of his home fans. With the orioles being terrible ever since Cal Ripken left, Lewis has come to symbolize Baltimore sports, with his dance being the pinnacle of the symbolism. That dance was more for the fans than anything else - even more so than him wanting attention. That dance was a thank you. As a teacher, I see young kids doing his dance left and right. Being only 26, I remember when I was in my early teens also doing the dance. It is transcendent and meaningful to the fans.

Now, some of the other stuff he does, thank god this and that and tearing up during the anthem, yeah, it's overkill, but whatever.

The personal stuff about the crime, who cares at this point. Those who are ravens fans and those who aren't at this point might as well just agree to disagree. Point is, no one is sharing anything new on the topic as there is nothing left to say that hasn't already been said in 12 years, so it's not even worth mentioning.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:28 PM   #31
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
the article was more about the survivors..... than the act, so as Ray does his dances and says ...look at me....look at me, we have a mother that can't bare to look her sons grave how ever many years later.

So it is not over, nor ever will be for some.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #32
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
most uninteresting Superbowl in recent history, only thing going for it is the brothers coaching....just sayin

hmmmmm,

http://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenhe...n-three-years/
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #33
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bitter patriots fans lol