Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 10-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #4537
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
Old 10-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #4538
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
HAHAHAHA!!! As will yours be in another 10 years. guarantee you that folks are gonna be checkin your ride out if you decide to take it to the show Saturday. I'm taking my SS as well as Marty, and Eric is bringing out his '68.
I plan on showing up for a little while to check things out, but the maro is gonna get dropper off for some warranty work on the way.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #4539
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
Unfortunately, I have noticed that this entire area (Las Cruces and El Paso) isn't really much of an auto meca if you'd say. There's really no appreciation for the classics, the old school muscle or the exotics, stock I am talking about. You go to places such as Albuquerque or Phoenix and boy do they love their automobiles. There's such an appreciation for what is out there, but here, it's all about what you can stuff inside your engine compartment or what different colors can be used for the interior and exterior. Don't get me wrong, I like some of that stuff. I am a big fan of lowriders, the old school early 60s Impalas, Montes, and so forth, but not these 1998 Amigos or Cavaliers with datons on em. Sure the ricer/import thing is interesting to see how much power you can push/pull out of those 6 or 4 bangers, but at car shows that I have gone to and seen, it's usually always the crazy tribaled out pink, blue, with metal flake paint jobs that take the majority of the trophies. Like I said, there's nothing wrong with that because those folks spend their hard earn money and hard earn time in making those on what they are ...show cars. But when you go to a car show and see a nicely restored '57 Bel Air get beaten out by a Fleetline because it has a mural on the hood and dropped with spoked datons on it, kind puts a damper on the car shows for me. The majority of car shows is what looks the coolest/prettiest because most of the people that are walking around judging the cars are not car junkies, restorers, or experts in automobiles. The people that are judging are the promoters' kids, the girlfriends, or friends' of the people that put together the whole thing, which is why you don't see some of the cars that we believe deserve an award recieve one. It's usually about how much glitter you can sprinkle around your mirrors and car, hahahaha some of you guys know what I am referring to, but that's the bitter pill that we have to swallow.

You can go to a show in Albuquerque and you will see the judges get down on their hands and knees to see how good the car is underneath and take extra notice to the engine bay to see how clean and restored it is. I went to a Mustang show, yes I'm a Camaro guy but I love everything american muscle, and boy there were more old school (1st-3rd Gens) than there were 4th and 5th Gens, unlike here where it's totally the exact opposite. Phoenix, OH MY GOD, that place has to be the biggest car crazy location in the West by seeing the different types of cars that are there and how they showcase them and categorize them. You don't see that type of thing down here, which really makes me sad. Although, The Rod-Runners do hold a great car show that they do leave in the hands of true car nuts and they do pick them right based on proper categorizing and there you see amazing cars of all types and calibers take a well rewrded trophy.

Now, do I believe that a new stock car such as 5th Gen Camaro, 2009 ShelbyGT500, Boss 302, or a Nissan 370Z should take an award, no. People like seeing our cars, which should be the main intent on taking em to the show, is to show off what we have and show what's available out there and that we got it. But in terms of us winning an award...for what really? Anybody can go out there an buy a 2010 Black 2SS/RS and put some Oracle sidemarkers on it, but not many can go out, find a 1987 Buick GNX, or a 1972 Camaro RS and bring it back to its luster that it once had rolling off the assembly line. That's where awards should be given. The hard work and labor it took to find, build, and sacrifice for what they are presenting to you, and the attention to detail that they put into it should be looked at. Now you can make he arguement on isn't that what the folks with lowriders and imprts do? Yes, but when all the shows are focused on that alone, for just the glitz and glamor of a car can get a tad bit fustrating for someone like me, but that's the culture that we live in in this area.

In regards to the Ford GT not getting an award, in my mind it follows suit with us having a 2010 Camaro. Why should someone who has the money that can afford a $140,000 2006 supercar be able to just buy and park it, then win an award? Unless you can have an exotic category and bring out a Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Pagani Zondas, Mazaratis etc. then yeah you should be able to win an award for how prestine you can keep you whip. There are those around here that have such amazing engineered works of art and mechanics, but in the reality that we live in with the war happening in our neighbors front door, you won't see those being put out in public and on display.

I myself, when I go to shows, don't epect to win an award because it's not mine nor my baby's time yet. If I keep it in great shape by protecting the leather, preventing on putting as many scratches on the paint, keep as mush dust, dirt and grime out of the engine bay as possible, then in 10 to 15 years, I will be having people come up to my car and say "WOW, that's a nice looking 5th Gen!" I like to go, show the little things that I have done, it's always about the small details, and go out to talk to other car guys to see what they have done and enjoy seeing these cars because isn't that the whole purpose on attending or going to a car show is about folks?

I myself as well as Eric (Viper1cobra) and Marty (InfernoZ) are going not to win awards, although it would be nice, but to go represent Camaro5 and show that there's a Camaro club out there that's not all about racing and how much power we a pushin to our rear wheels. Yes we do race, auto cross, cruise, dine-in, and do events, but we're a group of different qualities and interests all grouped into one where everyone is welcomed and enjoy what, well the one thing that we all have in common, everything Camaro.

...Okay, I'm off my soapbox now.
Well said.

Maybe one of our upcoming events could be to take a cruize to Scottsdale to check out Barrett-Jackson.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #4540
bb572camaro

Drives: 2011 camaro SS cammed
Any one getting there camaro together in El Paso again I have a 2011 camaro
bb572camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #4541
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Are you asking whether we're doing another gathering of sorts in the area soon?
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:59 AM   #4542
bb572camaro

Yes in el paso
Old 10-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #4543
bb572camaro

Yes
Old 10-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #4544
xfactors

Drives: 2014 2LT vette with Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb572camaro View Post
Any one getting there camaro together in El Paso again I have a 2011 camaro
It seems like most of the active members here live in Las Cruces, and not El Paso.:(
xfactors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:06 AM   #4545
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
WE have some members i'm el paso, but give big props to Charlie and Las Cruces they make this chapter big great job guys
Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #4546
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose1003 View Post
WE have some members i'm el paso, but give big props to Charlie and Las Cruces they make this chapter big great job guys
Thanks Jose, but it's not biggie. We do split the events between EP and LC on what we do and where, it's just that you popped in around the time the we had a lot of stuff occuring in Cruces. Member wise we have quite a bit in EP, it's just that other resposibilities have been popping up for them. We have Jessica, Michael, Jose, Louie, Eric, Randy, Ryan, Jenna, and the cats from El Paso F-body that come out. What it is that we need to focus on is getting another evnt of sorts out to the Alamogordo area to be fair with Greg and Shellie. Those two are troopers and with the group and drive down 80% of time when we have events whcih is flat out killer. We also have a few folks over there that have contacted me if we do events over in that area, so we need to begin to preach the good preach and spread the word of the Lort, our F-Bodfather. Eric and myself will begin talks about that during the Speaking Rock Car Show this Saturday.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #4547
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Hey guys,

Spread the word on this please!! They need all the help they can get. If we can do it for a fellow members car we can do it for this precious baby boy!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255004
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #4548
Boricua

Drives: 2010 2SS Yellow Camaro
Hello guys!!!! I can't make it for the autoshow, unless i drop my car before going to the reserve. But I will need a ride to the reserve center hehehehe. I will try to go after I get out. Hope to see you guys after the show. Take care
Boricua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #4549
Sabot

Drives: ZL1 Gone :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boricua View Post
Hello guys!!!! I can't make it for the autoshow, unless i drop my car before going to the reserve. But I will need a ride to the reserve center hehehehe. I will try to go after I get out. Hope to see you guys after the show. Take care

Yo! What part of P.R are you from? I'm from Bayamon...Hope you can make it to the car show.
Sabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #4550
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabot View Post
Yo! What part of P.R are you from? I'm from Bayamon...Hope you can make it to the car show.
So you're joining us Staurday?

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001