Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
XXXSUFFAXXX
SINISTER

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Street Scene Lower Grille Ports HELP!

I recently bought the full lower grille kit for my 2011 Camaro SS. I have the middle billet grille in fine. The trouble is with the ports. I am not sold on the double sided 3M tape. I am afraid it will come off in heavy rain or going 60+ down the highway. It just looks kind of bad for car shows in my opinion. I recently had the back sanded a little to fit better and passenger side was warped a little. I got it back in shape though. Is there any other way to attach it so it's flush? I was thinking a dark/black epoxy solution (marine epoxy). Any other ideas? Car show in 6 days... Thanks in advance.
XXXSUFFAXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #2
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
My whole front air damn/Splitter by Chevy is held together by 3M Tape, Just make sure you clean it very very very good.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
I have had no problems with the 3m tape supplied. I was a bit worried about the white 3m tape to begin with but after a couple months of driving it darkened up so I don't notice it anymore.
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #4
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
had them on mine for 2 years, no issues @ 100mph plus a few times and daily @ 75-80mph on the highway commuting to work.

clean the area well, use some rubbing alcohol after you wash the area to get all the hidden grime off.

use the adhesion promoter, if yours didn't come with any (mine didn't) by some (made by 3m) use it on both sides, the car and the port for the 3m tape to stick solid.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:07 PM   #5
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
had them on mine for 2 years, no issues @ 100mph plus a few times and daily @ 75-80mph on the highway commuting to work.

clean the area well, use some rubbing alcohol after you wash the area to get all the hidden grime off.

use the adhesion promoter, if yours didn't come with any (mine didn't) by some (made by 3m) use it on both sides, the car and the port for the 3m tape to stick solid.
Same experience here; that tape is really strong if applied correctly.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote