Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 11-29-2023, 04:14 AM   #449
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Ah yes, forgot about the 3rd game due to a 17 game season now. So the schedule for each division team is exactly the same, minus 3 games.
Which will be division winners in your case....barring a total collapse.
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 08:57 AM   #450
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Definitely true. Eagles actually have the toughest strength of schedule this year since they had a Super Bowl run last year. Probably losing to the niners next week. Cowboys, chiefs and bills (last 3 games) took a lot out of them.

Your division is tough especially with rodgers coming back so that will be 4 hard games right there. I think (correct me if I’m wrong) Bills fans want a new coach and I think you will be getting one possibly. Personally I like McDermott (not saying he’s an awesome coach) because he’s from a time in Eagles football where they played crushing defense.
I live in Western New York and watch and listen to most of the sports shows and have not seen or heard of fans calling in for the head of Sean Mcdermott, I`m not saying there isn`t talk of firing him but would be really confusing considering that the Bills have signed both coach Sean McDermott and general manager Brandon Beane tor contract extensions through the 2027 season this past June, so in my opinion Sean isn`t going anywhere as far as the Bills ownership is concerned and that would be Terry Pegula and Pegula hasn`t said a thing about Sean`s future with the Bills, do fans think Pegula would fire the guy who defended him of racism!!? (
)
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 05:50 AM   #451
102SS
waiting at the tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
I live in Western New York and watch and listen to most of the sports shows and have not seen or heard of fans calling in for the head of Sean Mcdermott, I`m not saying there isn`t talk of firing him but would be really confusing considering that the Bills have signed both coach Sean McDermott and general manager Brandon Beane tor contract extensions through the 2027 season this past June, so in my opinion Sean isn`t going anywhere as far as the Bills ownership is concerned and that would be Terry Pegula and Pegula hasn`t said a thing about Sean`s future with the Bills, do fans think Pegula would fire the guy who defended him of racism!!? (
)
Now they are calling this game "20 seconds" which I find comical.

"13 seconds" was a playoff game..you lose and the season is over and KC had 3 time outs and needed to tie.

"20 seconds" was not a life or death situation the score was tied and the Bills had 1 time out plus conditions were not ideal with rain and wind and Bass already had a miss and a block in the game.

Why put the ball and your QB in jeopardy deep in your own zone

2 plays cost the Bills that game in OT and one of them wasn't that knee just before OT.

1)Wrong way Gabby strikes again...with no safety help over the middle he was supposed to cut that back to the post...we all know he went corner.

2)The it wasn't a fumble on the Eagles #11 he clearly tucks the ball away and gets 2 feet down while making a step...fumble.

People love to point fingers and McD is surrounded with them right now with detractors saying he is too conservative.

Just remember that Tony Romo's career was filled with big gaffs before he became the color commentary genius that he is.

Look at what happened to the Jets when their conservative coach put the ball up for grabs with "2 seconds".

They were in that game until he got stupid thinking he could take the lead and momentum on a miracle play that works like one in 50 times tried.

I am pretty sure the Eagles are one of the leaders in forced turnovers(tied for 3rd with 17 picks 2 for TD's) so caution was necessary in my opinion.

Long Live Coach McD
Old 11-30-2023, 08:12 AM   #452
mickss

@102SS

Ya I saw that Hail Mary replay and was thinking "Ooo there`s going to be a lot of unhappy Jets fans and awkward post game questions and answers"

Since I had a lot of spare time I went internet surfing to see what Jets fans had to say and they were well, read it for yourselves https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/spor...hdown/4891979/

But it was Jets coach Robert Saleh post game presser I wanted to see!!!

Old 11-30-2023, 09:27 AM   #453
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
)
Gotcha. I think the sports shows are making me believe Sean McDermott is on the hot seat. He honestly might be because of his record in 1 score games (8-9 I think?) and 0-5 in overtime.

Saw the Bills schedule. That Broncos loss was absolutely crushing. Not because the broncos are a bad team (made a complete turnaround) but because of the head 2 head tiebreaker. I just don’t see the bills going 5-0 down the stretch with the Chiefs and Miami on the remaining schedule. Who knows though, never seen the chiefs offense struggle as much as I have this year.

Prior:
2016 Camaro 1SS
2007 Mustang GT
2008 Civic Si
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 01:52 PM   #454
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
Vonn Miller has more hits off the field than on the field. wtf is this guy doing. unreal can't even get a good bye week.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 02:41 PM   #455
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tartagliazl1 View Post
Vonn Miller has more hits off the field than on the field. wtf is this guy doing. unreal can't even get a good bye week.
While back in the day Jim Brown could beat up women and nobody cared, in the modern NFL domestic violence is the kiss of death. Von's season is likely over.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 05:25 AM   #456
102SS
waiting at the tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartagliazl1 View Post
This could actually turn out to be beneficial to the Bills

According to some top football insiders Von's contract would/could be Null and Void

The Bills would need a resolution before March 31 when a huge bonus (7.8m) kicks in and the other 10m becomes fully guaranteed.

Almost all contracts have a personal conduct clause in them(see Corry Perry Chicago Black Hawks)

I would also like to add that violence against women is wrong and its reprehensible against a pregnant woman.

Walk away from the situation and take a few deep breaths and maybe rethink your relationship if it sets you off in a negative emotional way.
Old 12-01-2023, 05:26 AM   #457
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Well hopefully they learned from their last mistake and dropping their punter for an accusation. Bills should wait this time
Old 12-01-2023, 08:33 AM   #458
mickss

Quote:
Well hopefully they learned from their last mistake and dropping their punter for an accusation. Bills should wait this time
Von isn`t going anywhere, what the Bills should do is contact the Dolphins and find out how they handled the Xavien Howard domestic violence arrest, the Bills will wait for facts and a investigation, Xavien is still with the fish right?
Old 12-01-2023, 12:57 PM   #459
NjaTrtl

Drives: '22 2SS 1LE M6, '06 Murano S AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
This could actually turn out to be beneficial to the Bills

According to some top football insiders Von's contract would/could be Null and Void

The Bills would need a resolution before March 31 when a huge bonus (7.8m) kicks in and the other 10m becomes fully guaranteed.

Almost all contracts have a personal conduct clause in them(see Corry Perry Chicago Black Hawks)

I would also like to add that violence against women is wrong and its reprehensible against a pregnant woman.

Walk away from the situation and take a few deep breaths and maybe rethink your relationship if it sets you off in a negative emotional way.
Per ESPN.com:

In a text exchange Thursday night with WFAA in Dallas, the woman called the incident "a huge misunderstanding" and said, "No one assaulted anyone."

We'll have top wait and see how it plays out.
4th - '86 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z28 - White
5th - '91 Ford Mustang GT M5 convertible - White
6th - '00 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - Rally Red
7th - '12 MINI Cooper S M6 - Chili Red
Last - '22 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE M6 - Rapid Blue
NjaTrtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 01:57 PM   #460
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Von isn`t going anywhere, what the Bills should do is contact the Dolphins and find out how they handled the Xavien Howard domestic violence arrest, the Bills will wait for facts and a investigation, Xavien is still with the fish right?
They let the nfl investigate and eventually didn’t punish Howard. Which is what the Bills should have done with Araiza.

Yes, Howard is still with the fish…
Old 12-01-2023, 05:19 PM   #461
mickss

Quote:
They let the nfl investigate and eventually didn’t punish Howard. Which is what the Bills should have done with Araiza.

Interesting, what`s a boy to believe? According to this article *"The victim said she did not want to proceed with prosecution. She signed an affidavit of non-prosecution," Sort of hard for the NFL to punish him when the victim doesn`t want to pursue charges

*https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/06/xavie...iami-dolphins/
Old 12-02-2023, 05:45 AM   #462
102SS
waiting at the tree

Quote:

Funny that Araiza is still a FA if he is/was so good then why haven't other teams shown an interest?

Could there be more to the situation?

Von's GF is back peddling on her allegations which also included a video of part of the attack.

It might be too late to recant your story now lady.

I guess killing the goose that laid the golden egg wasn't taught at her school