Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 01-09-2014, 10:43 AM   #29
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS4JAS View Post
Ok guys here's where I'm at, last year was a blast traveling with Dan, my plan is to plan for the long haul and hope its works out out for Dan, if for some reason it doesn't I might only do the first couple cities like Pat & Gina, unless I find someone to ride along with me so far no takers (wife, daughter, brother ), with David and Diane branching off in different directions I just don't want to make that long trip by myself. But I'm hoping for the long haul again, we'll just have to wait and see
Ok Jim I will agree to order the same meals as you in case Dan can't make it.

It looks like I am only going to break off for part of the day on the 10th, and if Road America doesn't work out the I will probably stop at Norwalk. If Road America does work out then I will most likely have to of there after (Saturday) the HRPT is over.

I would like to (sooner rather than later) get together with the list of hotels and see if we can all stay in the same places for as long as we are together.
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #30
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Ok guys here's where I'm at, last year was a blast traveling with Dan, my plan is to plan for the long haul and hope its works out out for Dan, if for some reason it doesn't I might only do the first couple cities like Pat & Gina, unless I find someone to ride along with me so far no takers (wife, daughter, brother ), with David and Diane branching off in different directions I just don't want to make that long trip by myself. But I'm hoping for the long haul again, we'll just have to wait and see
Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
Ok Jim I will agree to order the same meals as you in case Dan can't make it.

It looks like I am only going to break off for part of the day on the 10th, and if Road America doesn't work out the I will probably stop at Norwalk. If Road America does work out then I will most likely have to of there after (Saturday) the HRPT is over.

I would like to (sooner rather than later) get together with the list of hotels and see if we can all stay in the same places for as long as we are together.
I'd love to travel with you guys. Since this will be my 4th year, I've kind of learned that the BEST thing about Hot Rod Power Tour is all the new friends you meet. I've traveled with different groups every year, and different groups different days each year. I hate to say that I'm partial to a few hotel chains (points) and try to stay at those if possible (free nights), but it's just a habit when I travel. We can try to stay at the same hotels and travel together. It's hard to keep groups together (aka "herding cats"). As the event gets closer, we can form a group to travel up and travel together.

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:16 PM   #31
2SS4JAS

Drives: 2011 IBM 2ss
I agree we should have hotels booked early, can always cancel if needed most cases without a penalty, I do favor Diane's hotel choices Hampton inns, Marriott's, you know your getting a good clean room, (no bugs David ). Maybe I misunderstood you David I thought were going to 2-3 different places plus stopping to visit friends, I'll be happy to travel with you and we don't have to eat the same food as long as your buying lol. Diane's right though I met some nice people last year and we tried to travel as a group but it's hard, you usually see them later that day anyway. I'm out of town next week, but after maybe we can get hotels at least in Charlotte and some others together.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #32
dianeokie
Going places

Quote:
I agree we should have hotels booked early, can always cancel if needed most cases without a penalty, I do favor Diane's hotel choices Hampton inns, Marriott's, you know your getting a good clean room, (no bugs David ). Maybe I misunderstood you David I thought were going to 2-3 different places plus stopping to visit friends, I'll be happy to travel with you and we don't have to eat the same food as long as your buying lol. Diane's right though I met some nice people last year and we tried to travel as a group but it's hard, you usually see them later that day anyway. I'm out of town next week, but after maybe we can get hotels at least in Charlotte and some others together.
Yeah! I never drove one mile with Jim and Dan, but we saw each other EVERY day.

Old 01-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #33
driser

Quote:
I'll stay at any hotels you guys want, I would just rather pay a little more for something nice than to save a few bucks and take a chance. Hamptons are fine with me...I'll even make waffles for anyone that wants one.

The trip from Charleston to Norwalk is the only day I will probably have to go it alone, but I will be in Norwalk by probably 3p. If I can get on Road America it will be on Saturday after you guys leave to go home. My visiting friends will be on the way home, if I go to Road America.

It was just a pain last year in Chattanooga and Charlotte being spread out, so I think if we can we should make the effort to stay together. If enough of us want, we can get together in a few weeks and try and come up with a plan.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:17 PM   #34
musclecargirl

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM w/IO Interior
I think getting together to formulate a plan sounds like a good idea.
musclecargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:32 AM   #35
driser

Hotel Plan

I'm going to suggest that anyone that wants to try and coordinate staying at the same hotels get together on either the 1st of February or the 8th of February at a location suitable for all. Doesn't matter to me where we meet, so feel free to throw out some options. Should be some place where we can get something to eat.

Keep in mind we have the muscle group coming from the deep south, Jim from Acworth, Dan (I hope) from Cumming, Diane from Gwinnett, and yours truly from Monroe. I have not seen anyone else posting any interest in this so if anyone else is interested then you are more than welcome to come. Also, if anyone else just wants to come have a bite to eat and hang out a little, you are welcome as well.

We are certainly not limited to these two dates, (Jim I know some Saturdays are bad for you),but I just thought I would throw them out to see if they work.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:36 PM   #36
dianeokie
Going places

Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
I'm going to suggest that anyone that wants to try and coordinate staying at the same hotels get together on either the 1st of February or the 8th of February at a location suitable for all. Doesn't matter to me where we meet, so feel free to throw out some options. Should be some place where we can get something to eat.

Keep in mind we have the muscle group coming from the deep south, Jim from Acworth, Dan (I hope) from Cumming, Diane from Gwinnett, and yours truly from Monroe. I have not seen anyone else posting any interest in this so if anyone else is interested then you are more than welcome to come. Also, if anyone else just wants to come have a bite to eat and hang out a little, you are welcome as well.

We are certainly not limited to these two dates, (Jim I know some Saturdays are bad for you),but I just thought I would throw them out to see if they work.
I think either would work for me. Don't know where we can meet, maybe Brookhaven area?

Old 01-12-2014, 10:44 PM   #37
2SS4JAS

Drives: 2011 IBM 2ss
The 1st of Feb works for me, I return to work on the 3rd and most likely have to be available for work on the 8th, just about anywhere to meet is good for me too, once we work out the hotels the rest of it is easy,
Old 01-13-2014, 02:53 AM   #38
Dr. Evil

Drives: 2013 SS
I put this on another car forum and will post it here too.

I live just North of Knoxville, next county up.
I have a garage with a lift and most tools you might need at my house if anyone runs into difficulty and needs to make repairs while in the Knoxville area on the HRPT. Just shoot me a PM or something. I definatley plan on making it over to Chillhowee park that day at the least.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:38 AM   #39
jimbumbee

Drives: 2019 Shock 1LE.
HRPT 2014

hi! i just signed up for the power tour long haul group. will be coming out of charleston, sc. be nice, to get a southern group together. thanks, jim.
jimbumbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 09:57 AM   #40
dianeokie
Going places

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I put this on another car forum and will post it here too.

I live just North of Knoxville, next county up.
I have a garage with a lift and most tools you might need at my house if anyone runs into difficulty and needs to make repairs while in the Knoxville area on the HRPT. Just shoot me a PM or something. I definatley plan on making it over to Chillhowee park that day at the least.
Thanks for the offer! That will be a great help if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbumbee View Post
hi! i just signed up for the power tour long haul group. will be coming out of charleston, sc. be nice, to get a southern group together. thanks, jim.
We'll keep things updated here as to our plans. It's really hard to keep a group together sometimes if you're not staying in the same place.

And, as the group knows, I sometimes get a "wild hair" to do my own thing.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:42 AM   #41
2nd SS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbumbee View Post
Jim,
There will be a group from 5th Gen Camaro's of the Carolinas going for part of the way. Most of the group are going from Charlotte to Charleston. I may be going as far as Ohio. Check our website.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:45 PM   #42
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
You guys are right, I can register at any hotel that doesn't have penalities. I remember running into a few in the years past. If any have penalties that the group is staying at, I'll figure something out later for that location. So, I would like to be a part of the meeting in February. The 1st is good with me.