Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 09-03-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
Ati2ude

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Shades of the Past Car Show 2009

It’s that time of year again for the 2009 Shades of the Past XXVI car show in Pigeon Forge, TN. Grease that hair back and dust off those poodle skirts. For lovers of classic cars, this is definitely a rod run you don’t want to miss. If you’re reading this, you probably already know about it and what it is. For those of you that don’t know about it and don’t have much of an interest in car shows or rod runs, then I highly suggest you do not come near Pigeon Forge between September 9-13. The 2009 Shades of the Past XXVI will take place on September 11-12 (Friday and Saturday) at Smoky River Ranch in Pigeon Forge, TN. During the show (and the days before & after) the parkway will turn into a parade of rods, customs, and classic cars with people sitting in lawn chairs all down the strip. You could literally walk from one end of Pigeon Forge to the other faster than you could drive through all of the traffic. Husbands, if you’re coming to the rod run with your wife (who doesn’t have the same interests) I suggest you drop her off early down at Five Oaks Mall in Sevierville. That should keep her happy and occupied most of the day while you’re at the car show.

This a great show if you have never been. I am planning to attend and a few of us are planning to meet and follow each other over. If you are interested in joining the caravan please respond and we can arrange a place and time to all get together.

Brian
Ati2ude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #2
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
I'll definatly there! Hopefully there be alot of Camaro5 members there. I go every year! I livve about 45mins away and it is awesome to get the oppertunity to go yearly. What's great is the very next weekend is Grand rod run. So for people who can take a whole week off that's placeto be. It's basicly a whole week of nothing but awesome rides! So far there are 3 Camaro owners making the journey up there. Not sure exactly which day we making trip up there but if any other Camaro5 members mightliketo get in our carivan just P.M. Me and as we get or times set up I'll let you all know.
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:48 PM   #3
johnny b

Drives: 2010 camaross
Send a message via AIM to johnny b
We live close to Pigeon Forge and we will be at the Shades of the Past and Grand Rod Run. We have a silver 1SS. See ya there!!
Attached Images

Last edited by johnny b; 09-03-2009 at 08:02 PM.
johnny b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:58 PM   #4
Rockytophummer

Johny B. Beautiful car man! I have yet got to see that color in person. Hopefully we can get together up there. I'd say the group we have riding up there will be coming up through Wears Valley usually seams quickest route plus it's nice driving through mountains in Townsend and Sevier County in these Camaros.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:06 AM   #5
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

I will be up that way for the following weekend, 18-20, for an event called Run Through The Hills. We are doing a run at Tail of the Dragon Friday, autocross Saturday and drag racing Sunday. It is mostly a Pro-Touring event and I will be up there doing some tuning and playing

If anyone is still out that way this weekend give me a call. Have a great event everyone!!!

Mike Norris
Mike Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #6
garymac
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 1969SS & future C5 Camaro
Grand Fall Rod Run

The fun actually runs that whole week also with the Grand Fall Rod Run Sept 18 thru 19. There are usually +3000 cars that weekend. I can't wait!

http://www.grandrodrun.com/
garymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
Rockytophummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Norris View Post
I will be up that way for the following weekend, 18-20, for an event called Run Through The Hills. We are doing a run at Tail of the Dragon Friday, autocross Saturday and drag racing Sunday. It is mostly a Pro-Touring event and I will be up there doing some tuning and playing

If anyone is still out that way this weekend give me a call. Have a great event everyone!!!

Mike Norris
Sounds like fun. Were are you all doing the drag racing? I live about 20 mins from the Dragon it's bueatiful up there. Just be careful just last week the Dragon had it's 4th Fatality of year. It is usually out of towners who meet this unfortunate demise. But it is a fun & bueatiful ride.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #8
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

I am with you on the Tail as a few of our group can get a bit "spirited" and that road is very unforgiving to say the least.

The autocross will be at the Smokies Stadium parking lot on saturday starting at 8AM or so. The drag racing will be at 411 Dragway in Seymour again starting at 8AM or so.

Hope to see some folks up there

Mike Norris
Mike Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #9
JCarr29

Drives: Chevy Camaro and Silverado
You guys better get here early. Drove through tonight and the parkway is already filling up with people staking out their spots! There's already plenty of nice old cars around to go ahead and make a show. I saw a group of corvettes parked together and I thought about stopoing to take a look and ask them if they have seen any new Camaros around yet?
JCarr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:40 PM   #10
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
I'll be at the Grand Rod Run with my car...I might have to get in on that drag racing if the weather is good and my tires come in by then.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #11
toddbrown

Drives: piece of crap
Hello fellow car enthusiasts! I am a photographer who attended Shades of the Past this weekend in Pigeon Forge, saw a lot of really nice cars. If you cruised the strip after dark on Friday or Saturday night, there's a good chance I got a picture of your car. If you want to check them out you can see them and/or purchase prints here.
toddbrown is offline   Reply With Quote