Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #29
formaxboxers

Drives: Red Jewel Tintcoat 2SS/RS
I don't have them on a car yet, but I have listened to almost all of them on the net, corsa, borla, magnaflow, and several others and if mach-x cost the same I would still have picked them. I do have the exhaust in my garage and very happy with the way they look and like I said before the customer service second to none.

Got screwed by original dealer in Eufuala, Oklahoma on November 3, 2009.
Found new one at Paddock Chevrolet and drove 2400 miles roundtrip to pick her up in Buffalo, New York on Nov. 5, 2009.
formaxboxers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #30
towmoe

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro
Does SOLO have any HP gains and if so are there any dyno numbers to prove it?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:37 PM   #31
FREESTYLIN-SUPERSPORT

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS w/GFX, 96 SS IMPALA
I noticed on the video that both pipes enter into one muffler, does this restrict flow? or cause back pressure? and with the design underneath the Camaro can you put seperate mufflers on the car?
FREESTYLIN-SUPERSPORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:37 PM   #32
Wileytrigger21

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT / RS, Blk 1SS/RS
Anyone know why Corsa has different setups for the manual/auto and nobody else does?
Wileytrigger21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #33
rcracer78

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I would have paid $1200 for the Mach-X. (don't tell Steve) I have never heard an exhaust that sounds so boss!
rcracer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:54 PM   #34
formaxboxers

Drives: Red Jewel Tintcoat 2SS/RS
quote: I noticed on the video that both pipes enter into one muffler, does this restrict flow? or cause back pressure? and with the design underneath the Camaro can you put seperate mufflers on the car? quote

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41041

This is the original thread for the solo mach-x, it goes into more detail about the whole system. I think you will find the answers you are looking for, very interesting.

Got screwed by original dealer in Eufuala, Oklahoma on November 3, 2009.
Found new one at Paddock Chevrolet and drove 2400 miles roundtrip to pick her up in Buffalo, New York on Nov. 5, 2009.
formaxboxers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #35
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccd34 View Post
Anyone know why Corsa has different setups for the manual/auto and nobody else does?
MBRP does too. I was told it has to do with having a need for a little more back pressure for the AFM.

SEMA PICTURES-PARTS & CARS
http://www.pbase.com/haveblue/sema_2009
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:00 PM   #36
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Ok...so since there his a few of you on here that went with SOLO I have a question for you. Pretty much everyone ends their statement roughly with "for the money". So, question is, would you choose the Mach-X if it cost the $1,200 that basically most other systems do. If all the systems were the same cost would you still pick SOLO over say MagnaFlow, Borla, or Corsa?

Be honest.....don't say Yes just because you already have the system. I want to buy the right system and when you're talking about this kind of money I'm not going to let $100 - $150 make my decision.
I ABSOLUTELY would have still went with SOLO. People say, " and for the Money" is just to get people to take a chance on a less known name brand. Kind of like, "What do you have to loose". For the money it really is a No brainer, if you only could hear it in person, you would know what I mean. They have a one of a kind resonator design. Remember, they were installing all the other brands and came out with their own product because they knew they could improve what was out there.

You see all the reviews, I know it is not an easy choice but if you heard it in person, it would be easier! Good Luck with your decision and I hope you choose the SOLO!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #37
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Solo set-ups are also different, due to the different engines and output parameters. LS3 in the Manual and the L99 in the auto.

Plus the L99 has the Active Fuel Management which complicates things!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #38
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREESTYLIN-SUPERSPORT View Post
I noticed on the video that both pipes enter into one muffler, does this restrict flow? or cause back pressure? and with the design underneath the Camaro can you put seperate mufflers on the car?
That is not a Muffler. That is a TRUE X-Pipe and Resonator built into one. It is a one of a kind design, built by SOLO. I wrote about it in another thread, if you look up SOLO you will find the early stages of development, where I describe the way it is built.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #39
Wileytrigger21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Solo set-ups are also different, due to the different engines and output parameters. LS3 in the Manual and the L99 in the auto.

Plus the L99 has the Active Fuel Management which complicates things!
ok..so solo has the mach-x for the l99 too?
Old 10-21-2009, 08:08 PM   #40
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by towmoe View Post
Does SOLO have any HP gains and if so are there any dyno numbers to prove it?
When I drove to Canada to help SOLO develop the system we did not have a dyno within 20 miles. They went with the stock size, to keep the back pressure in the ballpark and made the pipes perfectly mirrored, and added a true X Pipe Resonator. The rest is straight pipe. It is as open as it gets without High Flow (or no) cats and headers. If anyone is getting horsepower, they will not get more than this system without changing headers or cats.......trust me. I am pretty good at judging power increase. I would say my Camaro gained between 15-20HP. Not to mention the huge difference in throttle response.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #41
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Quote:
ok..so solo has the mach-x for the l99 too?
Yes and there is a group buy on now until Nov1st.

It is called the MACH-XL

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...highlight=Mach

There is also video's on their for the axle and cat back systems!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #42
Wileytrigger21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Yes and there is a group buy on now until Nov1st.

It is called the MACH-XL

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...highlight=Mach

There is also video's on their for the axle and cat back systems!
Thanks

So happy with the wifes 2lt i'm ordering my 1ss next week and am sold on the solo exhaust!!!