Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-20-2020, 12:50 PM   #1
5.0KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Twin Turbo kit

Torn between the AGP and Huron speed kit. Which one should I go with? Stock LS3 with FBO and big cam. Looking to make around 800 to the wheels on E85.
TIA
5.0KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:11 PM   #2
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
I have an AGP kit, but I hear that the Huron kit is nice as well. You could easily reach your goal with either one. I would probably go with the one that offered the best price/to parts ratios. Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples with your turbo combination. (i.e. journal bearings to journal bearings, etc.).
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:21 PM   #3
racesloth
Dan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
Go search/look/read all of the builds from those two brands. That will help get you started. Different people will have different experiences. Also read up on a thread on another board titled the true cost of turbocharging. Be honest with what your goals are and spend the money once upfront. Call both vendors and talk with them to get a feel how they will mesh with your personality. Is either coming out with major upgrades in the next 6-12 months where it might be smarter to wait (and read a crap ton more)? Is either one closer. If you are going to use a shop and tuner - what are their experiences? Just a bit to get started....

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:07 PM   #4
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Our TT kit has a lot more invested into making it an OE quality, long term reliable system. One of the key components is our cast iron turbo adaptors. Welded together tubes and flanges pre-turbo are known for warping and cracking at the welds. Wastegate tubes have been known to brake clean off welded units and leave your wastegate tumbling down the street behind you (AGP customer now). Our's being cast to shape from high silicone moly, have no stresses from rolling out or bending. Stress releaving when heated is the casue of warping and cracking. High silicone moly tolerates heat and insolates it much better. Also by casting the adapters we were able to have them oval out between the underside of the car and turbo, tucking the turbos up so they don't hang below the frame. A solid inch higher off the ground.

Also we don't pay our customers for positive reviews. It's pretty scummy when you as a potential customer are doing research, and what you think are genuine reviews are actually deceptive advertising.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:25 PM   #5
bayarea408

Drives: T
Huron twins, go big or go home.
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:01 PM   #6
5.0KLLR

Thanks for the advice AGP. The only reason I was considering Huron was because 1). My engine builder suggested them from previous use and 2). The option to go oil less turbo’s and get rid of the scavenge pump and lines. Not really sure which turbo’s to run.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:10 PM   #7
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
I heart AGP and I don't have a camaro anymore. I had three different sets of AGP turbos on my car as the build evolved ending with 6565s and a 427 LSX. If they made a turbo kit for a ZR1, guess what I would be running?

Kevin (AGP's owner) was always responsive and helpful when I needed it. He also would not sell me anything I didn't need when my imagination went wild.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 08:43 PM   #8
5.0KLLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
I heart AGP and I don't have a camaro anymore. I had three different sets of AGP turbos on my car as the build evolved ending with 6565s and a 427 LSX. If they made a turbo kit for a ZR1, guess what I would be running?

Kevin (AGP's owner) was always responsive and helpful when I needed it. He also would not sell me anything I didn't need when my imagination went wild.
Your old camaro is what got me looking at AGP’s system. What size turbo’s would you suggest going with if my end goal is 12-1500 whp on a 416 motor?
Old 02-20-2020, 09:21 PM   #9
AGP Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0KLLR View Post
Thanks for the advice AGP. The only reason I was considering Huron was because 1). My engine builder suggested them from previous use and 2). The option to go oil less turbo’s and get rid of the scavenge pump and lines. Not really sure which turbo’s to run.
You're a sport compact guy, you probably know loads of turbo 4cyl guys. Any of them ever get 50,000 out of an oil less turbo? I would honestly love to talk to a few honest, independant people who have had good long term results with them. They just don't seem to exist. We do nothing but turbos, all day every day for 20yrs on a large volume scale. And all I've ever heard from that huge sampling of people is they don't last. We sell all the big name/ quality brands and would sell them too if they were reliable.

Since you have a big cam and know how to drive turbo cars, just get the 57/57 .82. They are capable of 1000whp so 800whp will be cake and will pull to redline the way you are use to.

BTW I'm doing a turbo K24 swap into my old Jeep. LOL.

Last edited by AGP Turbo; 02-20-2020 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:01 PM   #10
AGP Turbo

Quote:
Your old camaro is what got me looking at AGP’s system. What size turbo’s would you suggest going with if my end goal is 12-1500 whp on a 416 motor?

1100whp is pretty easy and doesn't brake too much stuff all the time. I highly recommend this and the cars are insanely enjoyable there. Can be done with smaller 6262 turbos that spool quick and crank out a huge power band 1050+wtq. Light weight LSA block or 6.0l truck block will do and your stock 4bolt heads will to. Good twin disc clutch, ZL1 rear, big fuel system and go have fun.

To get well past 1200whp and have some reliability will require a printing press for Benjamins. Maybe head examined This is like 2x in cost and questionable usability under 160mph. For a half mile or mile car you can really use all of this power. Or if it's a drag car racing on a well prepped track, you can use it all. But the car turns into a lot less fun to drive other than racing. LSX engine only, even expensive transmissions and rear ends will be maintanance items. Lose all the weight out of the car you can, cause that's really what's killing drivetain parts.

Last edited by AGP Turbo; 02-20-2020 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:27 AM   #11
5.0KLLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGP Turbo View Post
1100whp is pretty easy and doesn't brake too much stuff all the time. I highly recommend this and the cars are insanely enjoyable there. Can be done with smaller 6262 turbos that spool quick and crank out a huge power band 1050+wtq. Light weight LSA block or 6.0l truck block will do and your stock 4bolt heads will to. Good twin disc clutch, ZL1 rear, big fuel system and go have fun.

To get well past 1200whp and have some reliability will require a printing press for Benjamins. Maybe head examined This is like 2x in cost and questionable usability under 160mph. For a half mile or mile car you can really use all of this power. Or if it's a drag car racing on a well prepped track, you can use it all. But the car turns into a lot less fun to drive other than racing. LSX engine only, even expensive transmissions and rear ends will be maintanance items. Lose all the weight out of the car you can, cause that's really what's killing drivetain parts.
Ok so what setup would you suggest knowing my goals now? I would be content with 11-1200 to the wheels on a built 416 or 427. I wanna do all this once. Would you suggest going 57/57 turbos now and switching them out later down the road or buying the bigger ones from the get go? What about fuel system? I wanna run E85 and I only wanna have to mess with the fuel system once. So what pump setup and injector setup should I go with to achieve my end goal without having to replace them? I really appreciate the knowledge and help from you guys.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:04 PM   #12
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
Quote:
Ok so what setup would you suggest knowing my goals now? I would be content with 11-1200 to the wheels on a built 416 or 427. I wanna do all this once. Would you suggest going 57/57 turbos now and switching them out later down the road or buying the bigger ones from the get go? What about fuel system? I wanna run E85 and I only wanna have to mess with the fuel system once. So what pump setup and injector setup should I go with to achieve my end goal without having to replace them? I really appreciate the knowledge and help from you guys.
Get the triple pump setup and be done with it (https://agpturbo.com/camaro-5-ss-dual-triple-fuel-pump/). Get whatever injector your tuner is comfortable/familiar with. Many opt for ID1700x for the numbers you are throwing around.
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 04:19 PM   #13
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrimpala02 View Post
Get the triple pump setup and be done with it (https://agpturbo.com/camaro-5-ss-dual-triple-fuel-pump/). Get whatever injector your tuner is comfortable/familiar with. Many opt for ID1700x for the numbers you are throwing around.
^^^^ Said what i was thinking ^^^^
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 05:42 PM   #14
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrimpala02 View Post
I'm not even 50% injector duty cycle with ID1700x and AGP Triple Fuel with 20psi.

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote