Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-21-2021, 09:31 AM   #1
Widget

Drives: '10 Cyber Metalic Grey SS2 Camaro
Low End Boost for a LS376/480 Long Block?

I have seen some threads asking similar questions, but they seem old or only recommending the highest end turbo kits.

I am looking at replacing the engine in my Camaro that has a blown piston. I am looking at getting the LS376/480 Long Block and swap the engine myself.

https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/parts/19420384.html

"While I'm in there"

I thought while I'm swapping parts from the original engine to the long black I wanted to look at adding a small amount of boost to the car. I am not looking to have 1k HP or have a massive build that ends ups being more than the cost of the car to pull off. Something small and modest. More so for the fun of the project of building it and putting it together, than for any real power gain.

With that said I am trying to keep the entire boost kit as low as possible, while not sticking a time bomb on the new engine. I know there is always a trade off on cost, quality, and performance.

I am hoping that being okay with lower performance, I could find a mid quality kit to work with. Unfortunately, my searches only seem to turn up the extremely cheap universal turbo kits on Ebay or the extremely high end kits.

Are there any decent quality boost kits (supercharger or turbo is fine) that would be compatible for this engine? The idea is to enjoy the process of the project than to make a beast of a machine.

Thanks in advanced for any information that you can provide.
Widget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:54 PM   #2
granatl

Drives: 2SS RS ABM A6
You might want to look at an electric supercharger.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:28 PM   #3
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Check with ADM. He often has deals on complete LSA kits. I'm pushing 17 lbs through mine on a LSX376 B8.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 05:02 PM   #4
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
AGP is by no means a low end turbo kit, but you can try giving Kevin a call. Sometimes he sometimes has really good deals on his kit, sometimes lower than posted on their website. He also used to have a few superchargers lying around from customers that swapped.

Huron Speed also have a single or twin turbo option too.
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:40 PM   #5
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by granatl View Post
You might want to look at an electric supercharger.
These guys have waaaayyyy too much fun with this one!! Cool video though.. lol.