Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
Double G
Houston Boy

Drives: Inferno Orange V6 2010 Camaro
Best Suspension for the $$$

So I'm looking for a suspension upgrade in a few weeks once my pay checks come in and I'm a little turned around about what to pay for.

I've herd good things about Eibach, Pedders, and Pfadt. However, I still don't know if one of these is the best or if there are other packages to consider. I know there are hopefully a lot of people in this same boat, so this is for all the guys considering cutting down on that body sway.

Post what you think is the best bang for the buck package, and what you think what the best package is regardless of the money.

Thanks Guys
Double G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:16 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
In my opinion, Eibach makes good stuff that is more than enough for most people but Pfadt is on another level. If you are looking to transform your Camaro's handling, Pfadt lowering springs, sport adjustable sway bars, and end links are an amazing combo at a very reasonable price point. The body roll and under steer that plague these cars will be things of the past. You could spend a lot more but this set up offers the best bang for the buck available as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 06-13-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:27 AM   #3
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
i guess i'd have to ask what your goals and budget were before i could really give a recommendation on that. Best Suspension is a very broad term, and means different things to different people.

Let us know what your looking for a bit more specifically.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:55 AM   #4
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
Rob makes a good point,if the suspension your choose doesn't meet your goals it won't really matter which one you choose.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #5
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Guys, you are doing it all wrong. You are supposed to run a partrs list and tell the OP to buy from me, buy from me, buy from me. How dare you ask the OP what he wants so you can help him get his car right for him.

To the OP,

You may find this thread helpful. The Book
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #6
2quick

Drives: none
Yea. what do you plan to do with the car? Are you drag racing? Road track racing, auto x racing, or is it a daily driver that you just some more fun out of it? Each will improve your handling but they will be different cost associated with each.
2quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #7
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss-rs
Put on the Pfadt sway bars and it made a huge difference. There drop springs are next.
Silver Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
JusticePete

Our opinion as a company is that sway bars are the final tuning element. The lowest hanging fruit on a 5th Gen Camaro are the sub-frame bushes. Now that I typed this, if the OP just wants a lowered look what I typed is irrelevant.

Double G, tell us what you want your Camaro to do that isn't already doing.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #9
Double G
Houston Boy

I think you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves. haha All I'm asking is what is your opinion on what is the best suspension package for the Camaro for the money?
and Here if you need a price range lets say what's the best bargain for $1,200
-This would be for someone who drives their car normally, but like to have fun and autocrosses and road track races on occasion(maybe 10-20 times a year). What makes the most change for the money?

And I would like your opinion on what is by far the best for our own wonderful camaro's regardless of the price. What coil overs, bushings, sway bars ect. do you think are the best on the market?

Thanks for the replies guys. And I wanna hear some replies from some owners Speak up guys! haha
Old 08-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #10
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
well your not going to get coilovers in a decent package for less than $1200

here is what i would recommend:

Pedder's Track 1 kit: about $2200 for springs, lots of different bushings, sway bars, and end links (source: www.wretchedms.com)

Pfadt Racing Stage 3 Performance kit: about $2000 for springs, bushings, sway bars, and end links (source: www.pfadtracing.com)

BMR strut brace, trailing arms, toe rods, subframe connectors, tunnel brace, springs, sway bars, and total bushing kit: about $2000 (source: www.bmrfabrication.com)

all 3 are great companies, i personally have the pfadt springs and sway bars (cost me $800), but from what i have just shown, BMR has the best "bang for the buck" suspension upgrades; as you can see you can get a whole lot more with their products for the same cost as the others.

and i'm not going to rank them in any way because they are all great companies, but from what i have seen & read, you shouldn't be ordering any other suspension brand based on quality.

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:16 PM   #11
JusticePete

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98180
Old 08-02-2010, 04:31 PM   #12
Double G
Houston Boy

Thanks RedJewel
and wow I'm impressed in the amount of time you pedders guys have put into the suspension

and yeah I think the coil overs are about $2,200?

that's a third of an STS Turbo! haha
Old 08-02-2010, 07:08 PM   #13
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double G View Post
Thanks RedJewel
and wow I'm impressed in the amount of time you pedders guys have put into the suspension

and yeah I think the coil overs are about $2,200?

that's a third of an STS Turbo! haha
We are enthusiasts just like yourself, so it comes naturally.

I would like to say, i've lost count of how many people i've talked to that have done the power upgrades first, and the suspension later, and they have nearly all said they wish they had done the suspension first. The thing about power is that you can only use the power in small bursts for the most part, while fun, it's short bursts. While the suspension is something that you feel every second that you drive the car, and the improvement the suspension makes on the car is dramatic, and will make you able to use the power than you have now better.

With that said,
what Pete said, lol
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #14
lakersftbl69

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
would just doing adjustable coilovers to lower my 10 ss be alright or should I do other things as well I don't bring it to the track or anything like that?
upgrades kooks 1 7/8" LTH w/ deleted cats, corsa exhaust, hurst short throw shifter stage 3 comp cam, 3.91 gears ecs kit blower, meth injection, upgraded axles, drive shaft, McLeod rxt clutch, fully forged 416ci stroker all installed and dyno tuned by slowhawk performance in bridgewater ma.
lakersftbl69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension