Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #85
snickerdoodle

Drives: 2013 1LE AGM 2SS RS M6
Ozmo engineering makes a slave harness for dual throttle bodies for a reasonable price.

http://www.ozmoengineering.com/produ...-tb-controller

I am about 90% I have seen one around for far less
snickerdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #86
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Question on dual TBs. Will this IM have a balance tube between banks available for this mode?
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #87
jlcustomz

Drives: 83 el camaro
I started a project of building my own crossram dual plenum intake with a 2 into 1 a few years ago, just don't have time to work on it for a while. I even got a bit of advice from a gm engineer involved in the ls7 intake. Besides the space issues, the design has less compromise . longer straighter tapered runners with more plenum volume could make more power throughout the rpm range.The FAST LSXRT is pretty much this design in a breadbox cover rather than the dual plenums.
jlcustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #88
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

From NRE Facebook Page:

Nelson Racing Engines Hi guys im not sure on availability we want it to be the best it can be before its sold so thats why we are testing the heck out of it but so far weve made 500 hp on a bone stock ls3 with cats and stock mufflers price should be in the 1600 dollar range with fuel rails and hardware it can also be run in twin tb form which we will test next week thanks for your interest guys Tom
22 minutes ago via mobile
My previous Camaros:
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
Old 11-15-2013, 09:14 PM   #89
1989GTA

Drives: 1989 GTA Trans Am
Thanks for the report. Looking forward to the next one.
1989GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:24 AM   #90
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
Hey dan you guys are always ahead of me lol, damn work!

Anyways so I went there wednesday and they said they will start it nest wednesday since they were still recovering from sema and had somethings to do but I am patient. But next week should be here soon already and cant wait to get the results!!!
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:26 PM   #91
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Was wondering which intake is a better choice between the X-Ram or the Alien intake? Or are they about the same? I'm not sure which way to go.
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #92
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
Quote:
Was wondering which intake is a better choice between the X-Ram or the Alien intake? Or are they about the same? I'm not sure which way to go
Well the alien ones they have do look sick and more compact but Dont know if they have one for this car prolly would have to make it. BUt the X-ram there working on is gonna be the best bet once there done with the tuning.

So They said they are still messing with it and getting the final tunes and also they are checking it out with dual TB's as well so they said they will call me when its finally ready to tune on my car said prolly another week but prolly 2

Well on the side note I have to wait anyways since my cars got smashed while at the movies and someone just hit and and left I guess sucks really bad and have to go fix that now
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #93
Dynomax Exhaust

Drives: Camaro
Sub'ed. Hung out with Tom and his crew a lot at SEMA, he had a car in our booth.

(I know it's not a Camaro, but still cool)

Dynomax Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #94
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Another Facebook update on the twin TB setup:

Nelson Racing Engines Pricing Roughly 1600 We Do Have A Single Tb Unit Also I Will Have A Test With Everything Bone Stock Stock Computer Air Box Intake Etc Late Next Week I Would Guess 450 In Bone Stock Form Made 464 With All Stock But Tuned Mean But Its The Torque Thats Incredible 60 Ft Lbs In Some Spots Better Than Fully Tuned stock

Nelson Racing Engines Winner winner chicken dinner check out this torque curve keep in mind this is a totally bone stock ls3 with 4 stock cats resonators stock mufflers its stock just bolt on an X-ram Heck Yeah next up Drive by wire 90mm units to work with stock computer
Attached Images

My previous Camaros:

Last edited by 14pilot; 11-22-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #95
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
If that is true about the TQ... Hell yeah!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 11-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #96
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
Another Facebook update on the twin TB setup:

Nelson Racing Engines Pricing Roughly 1600 We Do Have A Single Tb Unit Also I Will Have A Test With Everything Bone Stock Stock Computer Air Box Intake Etc Late Next Week I Would Guess 450 In Bone Stock Form Made 464 With All Stock But Tuned Mean But Its The Torque Thats Incredible 60 Ft Lbs In Some Spots Better Than Fully Tuned stock
14pilot, I know this info isn't coming from you...so don't take offense, lol. But are these guys for real? That statement with that graph is the info they're releasing? This has to be a joke. I mean, are they expecting to be taken seriously. First they guess at what the hp originally was? Why didn't they get actual numbers when they strapped the thing to the dyno. Then, not only do they guess the numbers, but they proceed to claim a torque gain of 60. And on top of that, the entire statement is barely understandable due to a lack of punctuations. The more this thread goes on, the more ridiculous this intake sounds. Sorry to blast but this is just plain stupid.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:48 PM   #97
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
14pilot, I know this info isn't coming from you...so don't take offense, lol. But are these guys for real? That statement with that graph is the info they're releasing? This has to be a joke. I mean, are they expecting to be taken seriously. First they guess at what the hp originally was? Why didn't they get actual numbers when they strapped the thing to the dyno. Then, not only do they guess the numbers, but they proceed to claim a torque gain of 60. And on top of that, the entire statement is barely understandable due to a lack of punctuations. The more this thread goes on, the more ridiculous this intake sounds. Sorry to blast but this is just plain stupid.
LOL ! The post was made by Tom Nelson on his Facebook page. I cut and pasted it here. Tom said they will do a completely stock dyno pull next week and post it up, but today he's guessing it will be around 450hp. They did say stock engine/stock intake did 464hp with a tune. The twins on the X-ram did 501hp. The math on that suggests a 31 RearWheel HP gain with an X-ram, twin TBs, and a tune over bone stock no tune if run on a chassis dyno. So 14hp roughly from the tune alone and 23hp more from the X-ram. Its all speculation anyway, just thinking "aloud" here.
NRE is just sharing (promising) test data during development. Prolly be weeks before the whole story is released.
My previous Camaros:
Old 11-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #98
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
LOL ! The post was made by Tom Nelson on his Facebook page. I cut and pasted it here. Tom said they will do a completely stock dyno pull next week and post it up, but today he's guessing it will be around 450hp. They did say stock engine/stock intake did 464hp with a tune. The twins on the X-ram did 501hp. The math on that suggests a 31 RearWheel HP gain with an X-ram, twin TBs, and a tune over bone stock no tune if run on a chassis dyno. So 14hp roughly from the tune alone and 23hp more from the X-ram. Its all speculation anyway, just thinking "aloud" here.
NRE is just sharing (promising) test data during development. Prolly be weeks before the whole story is released.
The part about 464 hp, I tried to make out what he wrote but alas, my efforts were futile. I'm eager to see the results. For $1600 tho, that thing needs to make some serious and provable hp.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote