Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-16-2010, 02:59 AM   #519
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
To you guys who are using this supercharger, what else have you done to your car?

I would like to buy a whipple, but I am not sure if I would want to upgrade to forged internals. I want the car to be absolutely safe, and I realize that 9 lbs of boost is starting to get up there. I admit that I don't know a whole lot about forced induction, so if anybody could tell me what I would have to do to my car to get the whipple to be 100% reliable I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:26 AM   #520
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
I will get you some pics in the morning. I can always give you a call if you still have questions.
Same here, I'd love picutres of how you routed the hoses.
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:59 PM   #521
FiveO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6speed Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
Tank will arrive Wednesday, we will post pictures soon after. Here is the link to the company we ordered from:

http://www.alkycontrol.com/

Go to applications at the top. Select Camaro from pull down menu. Owner's name is Julio, very nice, very helpful. He has done several different applications for the 5th gen Camaro. He has more than one option for mounting under the hood. I said earlier that East coast Supercharging is one of the shops that recommended their system.

I think cooling mist has the best controller available. I really like the all in one integrated look. If anyone wants to order this kit with an under hood install option give Tim at T and T Performance a call (301)698-2712. By the end of this week we will know if our plan works or not.
Your info with this build has been very very helpful and is greatly appreciated!!
FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote