Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-20-2015, 10:59 AM   #29
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hector95z View Post
With the 6th Gen out on the road, the value of the 5th Gen cars is falling. Is it just a matter of time before there's a bunch of kids driving these cars, not maintaining them properly, beating them up cosmetically? Will some of these gorgeous machines eventually become beaters like the many beater 3rd and 4th gen cars that we've all come to see?
Some will, some won't. Just like any other car.

When the 2014 revamp came out, my 2010 jumped almost 7k In value.
Now that the Gen 5 is sealed in stone, they're actually pretty desirable.
They screwed the pooch with the Gen6 and made an even larger portion of the population NOT able to fit in them.
I can't sit up straight in the gen6 at all no matter what.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:31 AM   #30
PowerMax

Drives: '13 BRM 2SS/RS LS3 M6 NPP HSTS
It's actually a good thing for tomorrow's teen drivers to have access to our old tired Camaro's, Challenger's & Mustang's. Keeps the muscle cars alive for the future. Otherwise, there will be no interest in these cars and they will no longer be built by the mfg'ers. I still have my Nova SS that I bought as a 15 year old in 1981. I came through with the "Day 2" crowd - we all had 2nd hand late 60's/early 70's muscle cars (that were cheap to buy) and fixed the up and outfitted them with Cragar S/S wheels, air shocks, etc. This is what keeps the sport/hobby/interest alive and well for these fine machines.
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2015, 11:34 AM   #31
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
There's an interesting article on Jalopnik about "the third owner"...
http://jalopnik.com/the-scariest-thi...ner-1745483727

Interesting take on things, but probably accurate for the most part..

Once these cars get in reach of a bunch of stupid kids, they're going to start stacking them up all over the place and our insurance rates are going the way of the Mustang.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:49 AM   #32
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_SS View Post
All Camaro's are destined to be cheap cars that some high school kids will eventually get as a birthday present

Every Mustang ever made is very cheap in 5-10 years time barring the early years. Just drive it and enjoy the car.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace16 View Post
All mass produced cars end up that way.
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCamaroKing View Post
The 5th gen will be saught after in years to come... Just like the 60's camaros are now... You don't see any punks driving a 69 camaro now do you
Some 5th gens might, but I doubt they will see the crazy prices some classics see. The Z/28 will be one, but an SS I don't think will hit those super high values, they will be desirable I just don't see any modern car getting crazy value like the cars from the 60s

What the classics had that can make them so valuable is that some could be had with rare options, that was back when you could build a car just how you wanted it. You could get rare combinations of options. Hell my dad had a 68 Mustang base model but he ordered it with the 390 and a 4 speed. When he ordered his 69 442, he ordered it in a color that was not even offered on the 442, he got it in a color that was for the Toronado. You can't do that with today's cars. Your not going to find a 2011 Camaro SS in 30 years that was only say 1 of 300 in this color with this option. Also back then, the cars changed almost every year. I am not saying they won't be saught after, i just don't see them getting crazy valuable like the 1st gen Camaros. I see the 5th gen being like the fox body mustang. Some are beaters, some are now race cars, but the clean stock ones are still very desirable.

and to your other point, guy I went to highschool with drove a 71 Chevelle everyday to school. It was his car and it was not a beater.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 12:59 PM   #33
cuspid

Drives: 04 z06 yellow
I think the 5th gen will be the 1969 Camaro of the future, being the down sizing of the 2016. I think it will be more desirable than the smaller 6 th gen
cuspid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:10 PM   #34
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
I don't mind more getting into the hands of younger drivers, there will be more totaled for me to pick from when it comes time to purchase a drivetrain for my 79. I don't care for losing resale on mine, but really, I didn't buy it to make money.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:04 PM   #35
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
I dont think so.....i personally think the 5th Gen will be popular for a while because unless they come up with another Gen Camaro that makes the same impact as the 5th Gen did i think you will see more people looking for the 5th gen and the 6th Gen and above will be the Beaters first if they keep going the same cosmetic design route. No one wants a Butt Ugly car no matter how powerful the engine is!
Old 12-21-2015, 04:16 PM   #36
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Of course it will, I can see Camaro versions coming. Check out these V6 models.
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2015, 08:49 PM   #37
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
No doubt about it the 5th gens will go the way of the 4th gens as kids can start to afford them and eventually so with 6th gens. If you are coming from the 4th gen and been part of that community since say prior to 2007-2008 then you saw the decline. I never thought that painting a perfectly fine car in spray bomb Black primer would be cool with calling it "Murdered out". However if you notice with 4th gen cars that were really well taken care of with low mileage cost a premium. Same will happen with 5th gens.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 02:04 AM   #38
Blazer098

Drives: 2015 Summit White SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCamaroKing View Post
Started restoring it.... See kids are not going to be driving old cars in good shape. "Oh hell I drove a 69 camaro in highschool but it was a pos" lol you can drive any car. But it is not an a nice car.
I actually see a lot of classics in great condition at the local high school and college.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:11 AM   #39
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
For me it's irrelevant. I don't plan on parting with mine for a LOOOONG time! But seriously, I think it will go both ways. There are already plenty who traded in this year because they love the retro 5th gen look, and wanted to get one before they go away. But in a decade there will also be plenty of neglected rust buckets on the road. Over all, it will just be another car, aside from a few niche 5th gen fans.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 06:27 AM   #40
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
Love your Emerald Green Flash Version. Tried to buy one but it turns out it was hailed on and repaired with PDR. May not even have a clean Carfax down the road, Dealer was only discounting it about 15%. Not even close to a good deal so I passed.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:57 AM   #41
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
One problem for the high school crowd will be trying to mod the 6cyl cars. It's way too difficult to put an LS motor in one so they are left to mod the V6 which is doable but costly. Perhaps an aftermarket company will come up with an ECM that will make it easier. If not, you won't see the 6cyl cars get saved by the hot rod crowd and made into clones like they did in the 80s.

I could be wrong, but if I was going to mod a 6cyl on a high school budget, I would probably choose a lighter platform like a Z. The V6es will likely make a good choice for those wanting to build a full on race car where the vehicle is gutted anyway.

Nonetheless, lots of them will find their way to junk yards over the next 20 years while all the SSes in the Bay Area will be stolen and chopped. When supply gets scarce, prices will go up just like they did in the 90s. That is, if they don't out law fossil fuels by then.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 10:31 AM   #42
cb66

Drives: 13 2SS/RS HWSE Camaro # 959
As with most all vehicles there will be some that get into the hands of others that consider a car just a mode of transportation, a way to get from point A to point B. Many now especially LS LT's and are used as daily drivers that are taking a beating, these will be the first to end up in the hands of others for a low price. Unless you have a special edition model ,ZL1, 1LE Z28 I don't look for the value to go up. As far as GEN 6 the same will eventually apply. Not sure why everyone feels the 6th gen is so superior to the 5ths my opinion the looks have nothing on the Gen 5. The 5th Gens were a new beginning with a retro look something that will never be duplicated.
Roto Fab CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder series exhaust , Elite Engineering catch can, Range AFM delete ,Oracle LED side marker lights ,Plasma LED DRL Lights & harness, LED License Plate bulbs, Xpel Ultimate paint protection film.

Last edited by cb66; 12-23-2015 at 08:43 PM.
cb66 is offline   Reply With Quote