Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-22-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
Brian52682

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Best Seat Cover for vert

Hey guys, I'm not really a BIG fan of leather but have thought about maybe getting some seat covers for my car that were leather but I need some suggestions. I want to get a cover that doesn't get too hot in the Alabama sun and is smooth to sit on. Also I want something that looks professionally installed and not like an after market cover.

I am interested in leather or neoprene and I want to know if anyone here has had any of these items installed and what would you recommend.
Brian52682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Same here, Brian. I'm in New England, but the sun is so strong on the summer - have to put the top up in the middle of the day. Would rather leave it down to fade seat covers, and not the actual seats.

Anyone??
Old 01-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian52682 View Post
Hey guys, I'm not really a BIG fan of leather but have thought about maybe getting some seat covers for my car that were leather but I need some suggestions. I want to get a cover that doesn't get too hot in the Alabama sun and is smooth to sit on. Also I want something that looks professionally installed and not like an after market cover.

I am interested in leather or neoprene and I want to know if anyone here has had any of these items installed and what would you recommend.
CoverKing sells some neoprene ones that look pretty good. They are a good company that sells fine products.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
CoverKing sells some neoprene ones that look pretty good. They are a good company that sells fine products.

I never put them on my Jeep but from others I was told to be careful with neoprene. They're great for keeping you seats dry but when its hot out, they're notorious for giving the driver a nice case of swamp a$$.
Lightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightrider View Post
I never put them on my Jeep but from others I was told to be careful with neoprene. They're great for keeping you seats dry but when its hot out, they're notorious for giving the driver a nice case of swamp a$$.
I believe theirs are covered with a couple layers of fabric, and that depends on which version you pick. But you could still be right.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote