Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #29
midgard

Drives: red jewel camaro
I'm thinking I will be there. St. Louis is only about 4 hours for me. If I remember...its the track on the Illinois side....NHRA Stocker's "home" track.

9.81@142.02
Livernois 2nd Place Car Camaro5 Fest
Original Build 13 psi/nittos.....10.44@134
3.6KB/3.5 pulley/Stock t/b..Best 9.967@142.01

SSJ3...is done....mid 9s?Rossler 6l80E Transmission
KB 3.6LC,17" Bogarts, Thanks to Hendrix 9", Thanks to Pfadt
original T/b and converter, 419ci stroker (NO LSX Block)
midgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:06 PM   #30
sweaver

Drives: 10' CAMARO SS2 LIVERNOIS BUILT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
Everyone has their own idea of what they want. The problem is, you think this is what you want right now, 6 months down the road you think, I want more. I started with a stock LS3 and did a TVS2300, cam, intake, headers, the basics everyone starts with. 6 months later I wanted more. I did a 418ci LS3 all forged and did new cam, heads, methanol, nitrous, etc. My car ended up at 750hp to the rear wheels without the nitrous system. Now exactly a year after I bought my car and note the car only has 5000 miles on it, and the new engine had only 1200 miles on it and I sold that entire engine and every other component. Back to the drawing board. Its now an LSX 427 with a Procharger F1-R COG with all the other goodies as I am shooting for the 1300hp to the wheels neighborhood. My point to this rambling is, if I could do it all over, I wish I had started with the right engine to handle future upgrades, because we all no, its coming. This post has some of the most insane HP cravers in this forum and we have all been where your at with the same dilemma. Just put alot of thought into everything you do and in the end you will have made the right choices. This site is the most informative and has honest people who will give opinions from experience, and if you really want to upgrade for more streetable power, just ask and they will answer. Good Luck to you. As for the rest of you yahoos posting here, I hope to see all of you soon and just maybe, we will all have our cars together running rather than having something else modified, but I have to say the chances of that happening arent too good......LOL

Luckily for me when i started pushing for more mods, Andy seen where it was going...And we decided to just go all out and get it done! This only be the second trip there for my car, But there has been a ton work put in to this round!
L99 11.02 ET 125 TS
sweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:13 PM   #31
sweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgard View Post
Stephen: You could probably jump cliffs with your build....

this is how you would look doing it though....

Jason:

You got it....one of these days....maybe we will all meet in Indy or something
LOL, That would not be good..
L99 11.02 ET 125 TS
Old 07-28-2010, 06:52 AM   #32
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgard View Post
Stephen: You could probably jump cliffs with your build....

this is how you would look doing it though....

Jason:

You got it....one of these days....maybe we will all meet in Indy or something
Quote:
Sometime this fall would be awesome. Even better is the LSX Shootout in Oct. as it would be a blast to get together and support each other. I will definitely be at the St Louis LSX in Oct and am praying my car is done for the LSX in Bowling Green, KY where I live in Sept.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweaver View Post
Luckily for me when i started pushing for more mods, Andy seen where it was going...And we decided to just go all out and get it done! This only be the second trip there for my car, But there has been a ton work put in to this round!

That would be a blast to get a bunch of very high HP Camaros together...

I guess the one thing nice about this thread is that these are not trailer queens. All builds will be run and run hard Different combos will be out there and some parts will break. I personally hope this along with the other great threads on this site, help a whole bunch of Camaro 5 members see what it takes to go fast RELIABLY and view what parts hold up under the stress.

That being said everyone should always keep safety at the top of the list. Cars are replaceable, drivers aren't.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:32 AM   #33
tony1

Drives: 2SS/RS Vortech/L99
With a laundry list like yours (That car is built to the hilt).. You must be one RICH dude. Unless your losing your shirt on this.
tony1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:40 AM   #34
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
its looking good. i was just thinking of getting the kb.

i ran into a few issues with my vortech so was planning on selling it and changing things up. sound like kb and vortech are good choices of superchargers to have according to what a few of you have said.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #35
dmax86

Drives: 2016 Z06 C7R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick@Livernois View Post
We've done several L99 cars with head/cam/Maggie that make mid-high 500's at the wheels and several LS3 cars, even a few for a local dealership this make 630-640 RWHP with no issues.

-Rick
SWEET! thanks man!
Old 07-28-2010, 07:45 AM   #36
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
Everyone has their own idea of what they want. The problem is, you think this is what you want right now, 6 months down the road you think, I want more. I started with a stock LS3 and did a TVS2300, cam, intake, headers, the basics everyone starts with. 6 months later I wanted more. I did a 418ci LS3 all forged and did new cam, heads, methanol, nitrous, etc. My car ended up at 750hp to the rear wheels without the nitrous system. Now exactly a year after I bought my car and note the car only has 5000 miles on it, and the new engine had only 1200 miles on it and I sold that entire engine and every other component. Back to the drawing board. Its now an LSX 427 with a Procharger F1-R COG with all the other goodies as I am shooting for the 1300hp to the wheels neighborhood. My point to this rambling is, if I could do it all over, I wish I had started with the right engine to handle future upgrades, because we all no, its coming. This post has some of the most insane HP cravers in this forum and we have all been where your at with the same dilemma. Just put alot of thought into everything you do and in the end you will have made the right choices. This site is the most informative and has honest people who will give opinions from experience, and if you really want to upgrade for more streetable power, just ask and they will answer. Good Luck to you. As for the rest of you yahoos posting here, I hope to see all of you soon and just maybe, we will all have our cars together running rather than having something else modified, but I have to say the chances of that happening arent too good......LOL
Very true,its cheaper to do it right the first time.Your going to need a heck of a drivetrain to hold your power if we can help you out with our bolt ib nine inch give me a call.Good luck with your build!
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:52 AM   #37
dmax86

Drives: 2016 Z06 C7R
Quote:
My only thoughts are... if the stock internals on the LS3 will hold then i dont have to shell out another 5 grand! but if i do a engine build i definitely would skip the 418 and go for the LSX!

my thoughts for the future are.... will a maggie be a good match for a LSX??.... my first inclination would be no but i have seen some setups with it. I figured once i had that engine i would want to up the boost and the maggie just would cap out pretty quick.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:09 AM   #38
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Hendrix-Engineering, I have everything replaced under the car except the rear end differential. I have been waiting for over a month now as you keep implying you have a 9" rearend but wont post any pics or specs. I am just not willing to fork out cash for something I have not seen and I am still wondering why you cant post pics or tell us people here on the forum exactly what this 9" really is? I would imagine they would go like hot cakes if people could see it and we get details on it.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #39
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
Hendrix-Engineering, I have everything replaced under the car except the rear end differential. I have been waiting for over a month now as you keep implying you have a 9" rearend but wont post any pics or specs. I am just not willing to fork out cash for something I have not seen and I am still wondering why you cant post pics or tell us people here on the forum exactly what this 9" really is? I would imagine they would go like hot cakes if people could see it and we get details on it.
Im banking on that as well,we have had no problems selling the first two runs we made without posting a single picture,there will be several articles and post im sure from the first guys in a few weeks. We want to have everything covered supply wise before any pictures are posted so we protect all the hard work and expence we have in this project,im sure there will be some reverse engineering and if you were in our shoes im sure you would want to protect your investment as well.I had the system in our car at c5fest for any and everyone to see,the magazine guy looked under and took pictures of the axles not even noticing the factory looking 9 inch! lol. We are shipping kitts all next week and at that time i will start a thread with pictures and specs thank you for your intrest and it seems your car would be a perfect match for this setup,feel free to call if you have any questions.
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #40
tsears

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - L99 - CGM
On stock L99 internals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick@Livernois View Post
We've done several L99 cars with head/cam/Maggie that make mid-high 500's at the wheels and several LS3 cars, even a few for a local dealership this make 630-640 RWHP with no issues.

-Rick
tsears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #41
Chris@Livernois

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsears View Post
On stock L99 internals?
Yes, we have several out there that definitely aren't garage queens and haven't had a single failure.

-Rick
Chris@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #42
sweaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsears View Post
On stock L99 internals?
I put 4,000 mi on mine after the Maggie was installed And almost every mile was driving to the track, Or running down the track..
Its a chevy... Have some faith
L99 11.02 ET 125 TS