Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 07-12-2010, 06:42 PM   #29
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by attymf View Post
Have a trial and ask as many questions as possible to piss everyone off. I did a stop sign hearing and took an hour and forty five minutes. I purposely ask the same question over and over and go into every single tiny detail in excrutiatingly annoying fashion.

If I'm gonna pay so is everyone else. Every person behind me, the cop and judge are all gonna be late for dinner when I'm in court. I laugh my way to the cashier loud enough for all to hear.

And piss off the judge when he tells you enough and you carry on ... That could be a quick trip to jail for contempt. Over something so little I wouldn't suggest that to anybody ...
Old 07-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #30
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
If its tinted from Manuf. then its legal, otherwise a % is used for your area. however its not a moving violation, no insurance problems. so have fun pay the fine (BUT go to court) and enjoy your ride. its not the end of driving. And the cop was wrong about dismissing, you will most likely have to pay COURT COSTS..$50..:(
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:47 PM   #31
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
I have tinted windows too and I would just pay the fine and move on. Just the cost of doing business.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:07 PM   #32
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
She was unable to prove it. She just used her judgement?
All in all, your lucky Freehold doesnt require a court date, a few municipalities around me require a court date.

Tint on the front windows IS ILLEGAL in NJ, no matter what the %, therefor a tint meter does not need to be used.

If NJ had a legal allowance of tint %, then a meter should be used.

Please look at the first paragraph of the statute. It defines safety glazing material. It has NOTHING to do with window tint. It concerns materials that are used to make glass less likely to shatter and injure. I have copied the statute below. Sorry to make it this long but it's easier than trying to spell it out.

39: 3-75 . Safety glass
The term "safety glass" shall be construed as meaning glass so treated or combined with other materials as to reduce, in comparison with ordinary sheet glass or plate glass, the likelihood of injury to persons by objects from exterior sources or by glass when the glass is cracked or broken. The term "safety glazing material" shall be construed as meaning "safety glass" ; or other glazing materials, such as plastics, produced for the purpose of safety in glazing; or a combination of safety glass and other safety glazing material. The term "approved safety glazing material" shall be construed as meaning safety glazing material of a type approved by the director. In the approving of safety glazing materials, the director is hereby given authority to make use of recognized standards to confine the use of certain types of safety glazing materials to a specific location in or on the vehicle, or to a certain purpose.

No person shall drive any motor vehicle manufactured on or after July first, nineteen hundred and thirty-five and registered in this State unless such vehicle is equipped with approved safety glazing material wherever glazing is used in doors, windows and windshields. The term "windshield" shall be construed to include wings, deflectors and side shields; also front corner lights adjoining windshields.

Every section of safety glazing material shall be legibly and permanently marked with the manufacturers' distinctive designations, under which the safety glazing material was approved, so as to be visible when installed.

No person shall drive any motor vehicle equipped with safety glazing material which causes undue or unsafe distortion of visibility or equipped with unduly fractured, discolored or deteriorated safety glazing material, and the director may revoke the registration of any such vehicle.

Amended by L.1949, c. 258, p. 823, s. 1.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:06 PM   #33
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Oh yeah, and another thing - the cop didn't even realize I didn't have a front plate. LOL

Thanks for the info HaZe_X. I'm still saying, she could have been out of her mind and misjudged that the windows were tinted. It's not like they are jet black.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #34
camaro4mybday
"Camaro Joe"

Drives: 2010 SILVER ICE 2LT/RS CAMARO
Send a message via AIM to camaro4mybday
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGriffin78 View Post
I was down in Wildwood this weekend. No one gave me a hard time, but I think because I live in a different state with out of state plates, I don't think they have jurisdiction on that since the law changes from State to State.

But yeah for 54 bucks, it may not be worth your time.

Dude, I've been pulled over and had troopers pull along side me just to look at my car and ask me questions. lol. Those are the cool cops! Hopefully Camaro4mybday is one of the cool guys.
now that im in an office doing work i dont write anymore, most of the time if you were nice you were let go if you had a cdl and you didnt do anything stupid you went on your way, you give me attitude or a snotty girl i had a present for you, if i had to give a ticket the famous insurance card ticket was the best, cost you a stamp and a photo copy and you went on your way
camaro4mybday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:51 PM   #35
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
Oh yeah, and another thing - the cop didn't even realize I didn't have a front plate. LOL

Thanks for the info HaZe_X. I'm still saying, she could have been out of her mind and misjudged that the windows were tinted. It's not like they are jet black.
No Front Plates are more of a gray area. Some states allow it, some don't. If you are driving out of State you should be fine. I have an excuse for that one also, lol.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #36
epstein
Account Suspended

Drives: SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to epstein
^^^^^^^ Full of Excuses......^^^^^^^^

For those who dont know ......If a vehicle is registered out of state ....certain violations cannot be enforced...(only in the state with which they are registered).. ie: window tint .......Bumper Height.....front plate .....vehicle inspection....etc......
That is for the resident state to enforce

Certain states have Zero Tolerance on Tint....and a meter need not be utilized.

Brian
epstein is offline   Reply With Quote