Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-05-2010, 01:05 PM   #15
Rickerbucks
HP addict

Drives: 2 SS RS,
Hey Speedster.....I could not justify the cost of the mini tub...I spent a LONG time thnking about it but.....there comes a time when you have to say "no".

Follow my 2013 One Lap Of America Blog here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShaunAnd...page_new_likes

2014 Jeep SRT 8 - stock
2010 Challenger SRT 8 - stock
2007 Charger SRT8 Super Bee - not stock at all.
Rickerbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:58 AM   #16
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
really like the dress up
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #17
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickerbucks View Post
So what has happened so far? Driove the car to Calgary and had the Davenport 670 package. chrome TVS, cam, headers, exhaust ADM CAI. 591 rwhp. Also Pfadt coil overs.

Car interior pieces are getting covered in Yellow Kevlar. Almost done. Here is a picture of the engine bay. Fuel rail covers have yellow kevlar as well but not finished yet. Also missing the ADM cover from Dan at Showstoppers.

Getting a custom yellow leather interior. LOTS more to come.

Like the carbon fiber dress up
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:15 PM   #18
Rickerbucks
HP addict

So Savini made a mistake which they off course are happy to fix and fortunately they caught it before shipping to me but here is a idea. (this wheel just has the accent line of the spoke painted...I want the whole interior of the spoke painted.
Attached Images

Follow my 2013 One Lap Of America Blog here: https://www.facebook.com/#!/ShaunAnd...page_new_likes

2014 Jeep SRT 8 - stock
Old 08-16-2010, 02:04 PM   #19
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
NICE rims!!!
SSMOKINHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #20
Rickerbucks
HP addict

So things are finally moving along now although we have had some problems.

Hood: The Siebon hood is a pretty good hood for the money. That being said, it has a resin coating (as they all do) and the superior option is epoxy. In addition I want the ZR1 window and it needs a little more stability. So....we have epoxied the hood, we will re-wrap it in carbon, and then put the window in. They are doing that today.

Trunk: I had wanted the Siebon ST trunk but it is on back-order forever and I cannot wait. I bought an MPD spoiler. We will fiberglass the spoiler onto the stock trunk, and wrap the whole trunk in carbon to get a 'one piece' look.

Wheels: the wheels from Savini are on the way after way having had the inside of the spokes painted.

Calipers: I have elected to get the calipers painted yellow

Roof: yesterday the builder had a great idea that we have decided to do. Wrap the roof in carbon (using epoxy of course) and rather then have exposed CF rally stripes as originally intended....have carbon hood, roof and trunk with YELLOW rally stripes. I have approved that decision as of about 10 mins ago. I sure hope it looks good.

Ground affects: we managed to get some CF gfx from VIS Racing through Gary's customs and they look very good. My builder is impressed with the quality. We will season them a little and then re-clear a couple of times but basically they fit very well and get two thumbs up.

Interior: 60% of the interior parts have been wrapped in yellow kevlar, epoxied and are now being trimmed. This is hand layed and very time consuming BUT...it is being done 'right'. That being said, the builder (Iggy - board member) is a little anxious about the tight corners of the dash bezel and the steering wheel.

Leather: This has been the one troubling area. The local leather / interior guy (or his supplier) has let us down. After 5 weeks he has not been able to source an appropriate yellow leather and we have now pulled the plug on him. I'll now be trying Geraldo of DSV Customs to see what he can do.

Paint: This was also a big decision that I do not know how it will end up and that is to use a tinted clear coat to get a colour a little closer to Bumblebee. Iggy says it will look "Butterscotch". That was a big decision as now that car has to be taken apart, windows and trim removed, door jamb's, engine bay, get the showstopper parts painted, the wheels and calipers will need to be done. yikes. I must be insane and this budget is spinning away from me.

This decision will also cause problems with respect to getting the right coloured leather dye.

Badging: going to get the badges replaced with CF cut pieces.

Our 'soft' deadline is for an F-body cruise of Aug 28th but that is probably unlikely....Hard deadline is for a show on Labour day weekend.

2014 Jeep SRT 8 - stock

Last edited by Rickerbucks; 08-18-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #21
futrocpd
P90X

Drives: 2000 SLP SS VERT
wow, this car is going to be nuts. the wheels i think will be killer.

P90X changed my life. Want to know more, PM me for more info on changing your life for the better
futrocpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:41 PM   #22
ComayroLouver
{Enter Funny User Title}

Drives: Fathers '85 CJ-7 until i get my LS
Send a message via AIM to ComayroLouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
NICE rims!!!

Thats a great looking car
ComayroLouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #23
Rickerbucks
HP addict

So here are the wheels....and a picture of the current state of the car. You will see the CF GFX on the ground as well as the MPD spolier. They are sanding the rook to lay CF on it. I had to have the windshield and reaer glass removed. Apparantly there is a VERY high likelyhood that the windshield breaks upon removal AND you cannot buy the rubber pieces seperately so the removal process had to be done VERY carefully and patiently.

I also forgot to mention I'm getting the door handles shaved.

And Yes......he is sanding the roof......i wonder why
Attached Images

2014 Jeep SRT 8 - stock

Last edited by Rickerbucks; 08-20-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #24
Octaneman

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
So here are the wheels....and a picture of the current state of the car. You will see the CF GFX on the ground as well as the MPD spolier. They are sanding the rook to lay CF on it. I had to have the windshield and reaer glass removed. Apparantly there is a VERY high likelyhood that the windshield breaks upon removal AND you cannot buy the rubber pieces seperately so the removal process had to be done VERY carefully and patiently.

I also forgot to mention I'm getting the door handles shaved.

And Yes......he is sanding the roof......i wonder why
Absolutely Beautiful
Octaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #25
Rickerbucks
HP addict

HEY Steve......

(Davenport did my engine work.)

I'll have to hit him up for a donation for the "Davenport 670 S/C" logo going down the sides.......

hint...hint....

2014 Jeep SRT 8 - stock
Old 08-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #26
Octaneman

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Quote:
HEY Steve......

(Davenport did my engine work.)

I'll have to hit him up for a donation for the "Davenport 670 S/C" logo going down the sides.......

hint...hint....

You Bet,

We appreciate all your support, and hope your car runs very well.
Octaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #27
Rickerbucks
HP addict

For paint....we are going to tint the clear with a mandarin orange colour that should give a "butterscotch" colour to the car...similar to the Transformers car.

We will be doing all the car..including under hood BUT...not the wheels or calipers. I'm not sure I'm convinced on that decision but Iggy is reassuring that it will be fine and he has my confidence.

I have also elected to get the interior done later then sooner given there is no way to get done by the show season. I have been in touch with DSV Customs, from here on the board, for a special steering wheel and seat combination but he sys it will take 4 -5 weeks.

On Monday they will cut the hole in the hood for the window, chemically strip the paint off the roof (it is HARD paint, sanding it was taking FOREVER), start to laminate the spoiler to the trunk and get the remaining interior pieces covered in yellow kevlar.

I must say...I keep going out to the garage and looking at those wheels....Brings a great big grin to my face every time.

2014 Jeep SRT 8 - stock
Old 08-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #28
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Very nice !!

Your car is "Transforming" right before our eyes.
Can't wait to see all of the pieces together. Gonna be quite the looker..