Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #71
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
w00t... don't ever sing britney spears again... ever!

SWHCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #72
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIchael Westen View Post
You guys need to understand that every time a piece of information passes between two people, it becomes distorted. This is well-known in communications studies. Even if YOU get your information directly from the source (as we do, with Scott), your own interpretation may read different meaning and intent. It's simply wrong to say "GM needs to communicate with their dealers better".

Example: GM rep, reading off of a piece of paper says -- "The cars are on hold waiting for a BCM reflash. The problem is that the side windows don't index correctly."

Dealer employee listens, then repeats to another salesman "They're saying that there's a problem with the windows".

Salesman hears this and says to customer: "Just got off the phone with GM. The cars are on hold for a couple of weeks because there's a problem with the windshield or something. I'm not 100% sure."

Poster comes on Camaro 5 and says: "My dealer says there's now a problem with the windshields."

We start

Scott comes on and then

Then we get the real info and everyone is

to Scott

and :party0038:

Then a week later, the rumor comes back around and everyone is all and and

Which will only stop when people quit :bangdesk: and start
SWHCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:24 PM   #73
RCowan

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Anything with this many parts and suppliers--things WILL happen. The mark of a good manufacturer with good systems in place is that they catch this stuff before it gets out the door. ...now when you have some guy talking to the public about the issues..that's just crazy. (ducking for cover)
RCowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:30 PM   #74
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
And as the great Brittney Spears sang... "You drive me crazy, I just can't sleep. I'm so excited. I'm in too deep."
The visual of you singing a Brittney song is more than any of us can really handle.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:35 PM   #75
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

Drives: Everyone knows what I drive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
And as the great Brittney Spears sang... "You drive me crazy, I just can't sleep. I'm so excited. I'm in too deep."
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
The visual of you singing a Brittney song is more than any of us can really handle.
If that's what he's gotta do to keep doing the amazing things he is doing on the VIN thread, I'm OK with it

When your men get home and face an anti-war protestor, tell them to look in his eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she is dating a wuss. - General Tommy Franks

richardhoggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:48 AM   #76
Blackwolf

Drives: 02 Grand Prix, 99 Z71 10 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSlik View Post
I know, I was just frustrated that my car was ready to be delivered and on the day that it was supposed to I was in formed that it got pulled back and won't be delivered for another three weeks. Thats all.

And secondly Blackwolf, I wasn't trying to start a rumor. I was merely stating what my dealer told and was trying to get to the truth behind it. I don't appreciate the accusations by you and others on this thread.

But I guess i needed the kick in the rear to calm me down.

No worries though.
From Wikipedia:

-- A rumor, is often viewed as "an unverified account or explanation of events circulating from person to person and pertaining to an object, event, or issue in public concern" ---

Technically, weather trying or not........ someone at your dealership with insufficient information started a rumor. And you, by posting your question here, spread it along. I never said or implied that your post was a bad thing. You were just looking for clarification. But the fact remains........

And as far as any accusations........... I can't speak for others, but to be honest, you personally never even entered into the thought process behind my post. That came from your own interpretation after reading it.

I hope your car shows up soon for ya!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."
Aaron Gold, About.com

Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:06 AM   #77
BigSlik

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
From Wikipedia:

-- A rumor, is often viewed as "an unverified account or explanation of events circulating from person to person and pertaining to an object, event, or issue in public concern" ---

Technically, weather trying or not........ someone at your dealership with insufficient information started a rumor. And you, by posting your question here, spread it along. I never said or implied that your post was a bad thing. You were just looking for clarification. But the fact remains........

And as far as any accusations........... I can't speak for others, but to be honest, you personally never even entered into the thought process behind my post. That came from your own interpretation after reading it.

I hope your car shows up soon for ya!

I'm sorry to call you out like that. Its was a rough day yesterday for me outside of camaro5. I guess that just added to the frustration of it all.

So I apologize for my little tantrum, so no hard feelings I hope. We are all in the same boat after all.
BigSlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #78
Blackwolf

Drives: 02 Grand Prix, 99 Z71 10 SS/RS
Quote:
I'm sorry to call you out like that. Its was a rough day yesterday for me outside of camaro5. I guess that just added to the frustration of it all.

So I apologize for my little tantrum, so no hard feelings I hope. We are all in the same boat after all.
It's all good Brother!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."
Aaron Gold, About.com

Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #79
teamlynn1
Mr. Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Tahoe Z71, 2009 Silverado
I heard this EXACT same thing today, in fact there may be a few units possibly delivered to dealers with there check engne lights on that also need a reflash of the computer, my service guys went to a training class today about this and a few other issues regarding the "stack" console. It only takes a reflash of the ECM to fix the problem and cars are being held up to be flashed at the factory. So in short yes we are waitinga bit longer but they caught this issue and are trying to NOT deliver us a car with problems at jump street which I for one realy appreciate.

Bobby Lynn
GM Burien Chevrolet
www.burienchevrolet.com
206-243-5800 ext 151

teamlynn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 07:48 PM   #80
jptait

Drives: S 2000, VFR 69 Camero RS 350
:(I was told an final inspection of all vehicles prior to leaving the factory had to happen by my inventory mgr today
jptait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #81
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
I just got off the phone with my dealer and they had some troubling news. My car was ready to ship about a week ago but apparently, there was a problem with the windshields on some of the cars so they put a halt to the shipping of all of the camaros until the problem is resolved. They said it would be another 3 or 4 weeks. Can anyone else confirm or refute this.
No reason to feel bad, BigSlik, you simply stated what you were told and asked for clarification. Most here know to take what they're told by dealers with a BIG grain of salt. You did not start a panic, at least not that I detected, and so now we all know the reason for the delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
WINDSHIELDS???
Good Night Nurse!!!!
ANOTHER "panic du jour".............
No problems with windshields other than I'm gonna go and start knocking my head against a windshield..............................
No, not a windshield problem, but close, evidently a door window indexing problem, although we still don't know for certain since you chose not to elaborate. Sorry, I just don't understand your reaction, fbodfather. You could have simply stated the facts concerning the window problem and the approximate delay it's caused, or the real problem if that's not true. Possibly you're not allowed, I understand that, but your comments were rather condescending nonetheless considering the OP was nearly correct.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #82
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
As usual Rodrunner, I completely agree with EVERYTHING you just said.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:50 PM   #83
BigSlik

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
No reason to feel bad, BigSlik, you simply stated what you were told and asked for clarification. Most here know to take what they're told by dealers with a BIG grain of salt. You did not start a panic, at least not that I detected, and so now we all know the reason for the delay.

No, not a windshield problem, but close, evidently a door window indexing problem, although we still don't know for certain since you chose not to elaborate. Sorry, I just don't understand your reaction, fbodfather. You could have simply stated the facts concerning the window problem and the approximate delay it's caused, or the real problem if that's not true. Possibly you're not allowed, I understand that, but your comments were rather condescending nonetheless considering the OP was nearly correct.
I did feel a little put down by fbodfather's statement, but it is obvious that his patience was wearing a bit thin. But in the the end, he has done nothing but be gracious with his insight.

Still love ya Fbodfather...
BigSlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #84
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
I did feel a little put down by fbodfather's statement, but it is obvious that his patience was wearing a bit thin. But in the the end, he has done nothing but be gracious with his insight.

Still love ya Fbodfather...
Agreed, BigSlik. I have the utmost respect for Scott. His commitment, passion and work ethic are beyond reproach!!!