Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-16-2010, 04:50 AM   #1
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Damn Nissan Isn't Messing Around This Year

DI v8's ftw
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
TahoeCamaro

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS VR, '11 Tahoe LTZ
For that price, I'd rather just get a CTS-V.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeCamaro View Post
This...
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
I'm afraid that, by and large, the only people saying this are going to be those who don't actually need what the M56 offers and/or those GM diehards who would buy the GM product whether it offers what they needed or not. What am I talking about? I'm talking about a car which people older than the age of ten or eleven can ride in the back seat of without evoking five complaints per mile about how cramped they are.

Put simply, the Infiniti is a genuine mid size sedan with room in the back for actual adults to ride and be comfortable. The CTS-V is not. And realistically speaking that limits the CTS-V to

a: those who either don't care what the folks in the back think
b: people with relatively small children, and
c: those would could make due with the coupe but just had to have those extra two doors.

For everybody else M56 vs CTS-V is a non starter.

Last edited by syr74; 10-16-2010 at 01:02 PM.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:53 PM   #5
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
they really need to put that v8 in the next Z car.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #6
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
while i would buy the CTS-V too, you cannot deny that Nissan is making the initiative when it comes with putting the most technology into the car.. GM's answer is to just get a bigger hammer..
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Quote:
Originally Posted by syr74 View Post
I'm afraid that, by and large, the only people saying this are going to be those who don't actually need what the M56 offers and/or those GM diehards who would buy the GM product whether it offers what they needed or not. What am I talking about? I'm talking about a car which people older than the age of ten or eleven can ride in the back seat of without evoking five complaints per mile about how cramped they are.

Put simply, the Infiniti is a genuine mid size sedan with room in the back for actual adults to ride and be comfortable. The CTS-V is not. And realistically speaking that limits the CTS-V to

c: those would could make due with the coupe but just had to have those extra two doors.

There is a CTS-V Sedan as well as a Coupe! The Sedan was what the poster was referring to? For that price, the CTS-V Sedan is a better car.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #8
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
while i would buy the CTS-V too, you cannot deny that Nissan is making the initiative when it comes with putting the most technology into the car.. GM's answer is to just get a bigger hammer..

In the case of the CTS-V, it just not the bigger hammer! The suspension/brakes are just too damn good.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #9
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

I'm afraid that, by and large, the only people saying that are the ones who don't actually want what the CTS-V offers and/or diehards for something other than GM and would never actually buy a GM product even if it was the best car for the money. What am I talking about? I'm talking about a car that a car that can be ferocious on the track, yet has a world class interior. A car whose ride quality isn't compromised by its handling.

Put simply, the Cadillac is a genuine luxury sport sedan with room in the back for nearly anyone to sit in and be comfortable, yet with performance that surpasses practically every sedan in the world. The M56 is not. And realistically speaking that limits the M56 to:

a: those who look down on Cadillac and GM
b: people need 1/2" of extra headroom
c: those who don't particularly care about the performance side of sports sedans
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:32 PM   #10
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbui View Post
There is a CTS-V Sedan as well as a Coupe! The Sedan was what the poster was referring to? For that price, the CTS-V Sedan is a better car.
I think you're missing the point. From the standpoint of transporting passenger the CTS-V sedan is just about as limited as the coupe is. Outside the CTS-V is larger than it's actualy rivals, the 3-Series, C-Class, etc. Inside, it's really not any better at transporting people in the rear seat than the worst of those and some of them, like the Audi A4, are noticeably more comfortable in the back despite being much smaller.

The CTS-V in either coupe or sedan is only a better car than the M56 if you don't actually need a sedan that can comfortable seat adults in the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3
Put simply, the Cadillac is a genuine luxury sport sedan with room in the back for nearly anyone to sit in and be comfortable, yet with performance that surpasses practically every sedan in the world. The M56 is not. And realistically speaking that limits the M56 to:
Sit comfortably in? I think you need to revisit your number. Take, for example, rear leg room.

The Infiniti has 36.2 inches while the Cadillac has 35.9 inches. Sounds close, right? Ah, but wait....there's more. The Caddy only has 42.2 inches of front leg room compared to the Infiniti which has 44.4 inches. That might not mean much but for the fact that manipulating the seat track to allow the front seat to move ridiculously far forward is an age old trick car companies use to inflate their rear leg room numbers of cars with rear leg room issues.

Put the seats in those two cars in the same position for the same driver (oddly makes sense, doesn't it), and the Infiniti will have about 2.5 inches more rear leg room. To put that into perspective, 6 inches of rear leg room turns a mid sized sedan into a virtual limo....2.5 inches is still a lot. Or put more simply, a rear seat passenger can get comfortable in the back of a CTS...so long as nobody is actually sitting in the front.

The Infiniti also has four inches more shoulder room in back, and of course that smidge extra head room too. Even more, having worked in the auto industry.....specifically with interiors and for a time in prototyping....my time tells me the Caddy is playing the numbers game in the rear seat area because, to be blunt, it feels even more cramped than the difference in numbers indicate. And virtually every review I can find supports this notion with a search for cramped or tight rear seat on the CTS sedan bringing up hits from Car and Driver, Automobile, Auto.msn, and a few dozen others. On the new M I could not find a single complaint about rear seat room, but I did find comments like this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor Trend
Refreshingly, Infiniti eschewed a coupe-like roofline for the M, styling that's popular right now but impedes rear-seat room. This M has no trouble carrying four adults in comfort; five if needed.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...m37/specs.html

Worst of all, I don't even understand why GM or their enthusiasts are fighting this fight in the first place. The CTS is a G-Series competitor, not a M Series competitor. And in that segment the CTS shines as an ode to the fact that GM really can get it right.

Oddly, neither GM nor their fans are content to leave well enough alone and, when somebody makes a post about a car that the CTS cannot hope to compete with in terms of rear seat comfort, some yahoo is going to chime in an say how they would rather have a CTS-V as though nobody actually buys a sedan to carry people in the back and, as such, segment doesn't matter. What you're really doing is setting up a good car to fail in a fight it shouldn't have been in to begin with.

Honestly, I think I could throw a review of a Rolls Royce Ghost up on here and somebody would say "I would rather have a CTS-V", and most of the folks on here would just nod their heads.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #11
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
It's a hot rod Maxima. *Yawn*.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:16 PM   #12
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:

lolwut?
have you ever been inside a CTS sedan?
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #13
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:

I've seen one of these Nissans in person..... I have a client who has one. The looks are no better than Bonnies Lexus......

NOT impressed at all with the styling. No sense of desire whatsoever.

The interior is comperable, but I couldn't get over the generic look of the exterior. Looks like an afterthought.

The paint was amazing though........

NO WAY this car attracts younger drivers. (I'm talking about 30 years and older when I say younger, After all, it is a 55k car)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
I like that thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'm afraid that, by and large, the only people saying that are the ones who don't actually want what the CTS-V offers and/or diehards for something other than GM and would never actually buy a GM product even if it was the best car for the money. What am I talking about? I'm talking about a car that a car that can be ferocious on the track, yet has a world class interior. A car whose ride quality isn't compromised by its handling.

a: those who look down on Cadillac and GM
b: people need 1/2" of extra headroom
c: those who don't particularly care about the performance side of sports sedans
Old 10-16-2010, 04:59 PM   #14
TahoeCamaro

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS VR, '11 Tahoe LTZ
Quote:
I think you're missing the point. From the standpoint of transporting passenger the CTS-V sedan is just about as limited as the coupe is. Outside the CTS-V is larger than it's actualy rivals, the 3-Series, C-Class, etc. Inside, it's really not any better at transporting people in the rear seat than the worst of those and some of them, like the Audi A4, are noticeably more comfortable in the back despite being much smaller.

The CTS-V in either coupe or sedan is only a better car than the M56 if you don't actually need a sedan that can comfortable seat adults in the back.

Sit comfortably in? I think you need to revisit your number. Take, for example, rear leg room.

The Infiniti has 36.2 inches while the Cadillac has 35.9 inches. Sounds close, right? Ah, but wait....there's more. The Caddy only has 42.2 inches of front leg room compared to the Infiniti which has 44.4 inches. That might not mean much but for the fact that manipulating the seat track to allow the front seat to move ridiculously far forward is an age old trick car companies use to inflate their rear leg room numbers of cars with rear leg room issues.

Put the seats in those two cars in the same position for the same driver (oddly makes sense, doesn't it), and the Infiniti will have about 2.5 inches more rear leg room. To put that into perspective, 6 inches of rear leg room turns a mid sized sedan into a virtual limo....2.5 inches is still a lot. Or put more simply, a rear seat passenger can get comfortable in the back of a CTS...so long as nobody is actually sitting in the front.

The Infiniti also has four inches more shoulder room in back, and of course that smidge extra head room too. Even more, having worked in the auto industry.....specifically with interiors and for a time in prototyping....my time tells me the Caddy is playing the numbers game in the rear seat area because, to be blunt, it feels even more cramped than the difference in numbers indicate. And virtually every review I can find supports this notion with a search for cramped or tight rear seat on the CTS sedan bringing up hits from Car and Driver, Automobile, Auto.msn, and a few dozen others. On the new M I could not find a single complaint about rear seat room, but I did find comments like this....

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...m37/specs.html

Worst of all, I don't even understand why GM or their enthusiasts are fighting this fight in the first place. The CTS is a G-Series competitor, not a M Series competitor. And in that segment the CTS shines as an ode to the fact that GM really can get it right.

Oddly, neither GM nor their fans are content to leave well enough alone and, when somebody makes a post about a car that the CTS cannot hope to compete with in terms of rear seat comfort, some yahoo is going to chime in an say how they would rather have a CTS-V as though nobody actually buys a sedan to carry people in the back and, as such, segment doesn't matter. What you're really doing is setting up a good car to fail in a fight it shouldn't have been in to begin with.

Honestly, I think I could throw a review of a Rolls Royce Ghost up on here and somebody would say "I would rather have a CTS-V", and most of the folks on here would just nod their heads.
It seems to me that you're only defense for the Infinity vs. CTS-V is the rear legroom. Why this is such a huge factor, i have no idea why. I mean, comparing the CTS rear legroom to the Camaro rear leg room, there is a hell of a ton of room in the CTS. There's just 2 inches of it more in the Infinity. Big deal.