Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-08-2010, 08:46 AM   #1
chilihed

Drives: 2010 Hendrick Modified SS #015
Don't hate

I was thinking about this the other day and wondering why people rush to bash others. For example Camaro guys hate the Stang guys, Stang guys hate the Camaro guys, and everyone hates the Challenger guys. The way I look at it we are all CAR guys so enjoy what you have and allow yourself to appreciate the other guys' ride too, as I am sure they love their car as much as we do ours. I motion that we all stop hatin.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
Murph0408

Drives: 2LT Black '10 Camaro, 2000 Durango
meh. no fun without some back and forth taunting. especially w/ mustang guys.
Murph0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
TripleX

Drives: 10' Camaro 2SS/RS
I guess the older you get, the less you give a shit what anyone thinks...
TripleX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:49 AM   #4
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph0408 View Post
meh. no fun without some back and forth taunting. especially w/ mustang guys.
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:50 AM   #5
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Old 11-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #6
pennor

Drives: 2011 2LT - 73 Corvette 454
I don't hate anyone for the car they drive. Never have and never will.
I have serious concerns about people who buy foreign car brands and then wail about the loss of jobs in America though.
But as for what car you drive on a daily basis, I have very good friends who consider Fords to be the best cars on the road. I have another who would never drive anything but a Chrysler product. AND I even have several friends who sware that Toyota is the only car they will drive. I don't hate any of them. To each their own. For me, I own 3 Chevy's at the moment. I also have a Ford based motorhome. I choose to drive GM when I can, and I WILL NOT buy a foreign brand no matter what, but that's a political decision that I've made in my own mind.
pennor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #7
Smart Line

Drives: 2011 Blue1SSRS 623RWHP, 02 vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleX View Post
I guess the older you get, the less you give a shit what anyone thinks...
So true!

Team LS-3
Smart Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:52 AM   #8
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
Good thoughts, I'm all for that but, some people don't want a peaceful world.

Some people need to down rate others (cars) while thinking they are enlightening their own self esteem (cars)
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:55 AM   #9
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennor View Post
I have serious concerns about people who buy foreign car brands and then wail about the loss of jobs in America though.
But as for what car you drive on a daily basis, I have very good friends who consider Fords to be the best cars on the road. I have another who would never drive anything but a Chrysler product. AND I even have several friends who sware that Toyota is the only car they will drive. I don't hate any of them. To each their own. For me, I own 3 Chevy's at the moment. I also have a Ford based motorhome. I choose to drive GM when I can, and I WILL NOT buy a foreign brand no matter what, but that's a political decision that I've made in my own mind.
Just FYI, there are a lot of import manufacturer plants in the good ol' US of A...
Old 11-08-2010, 08:58 AM   #10
Smart Line

Drives: 2011 Blue1SSRS 623RWHP, 02 vette
Quote:
as I read your post i started thinking.
we own 4 fords 3 chevys 2 toyota's 2 dodge diesel trucks.yamaha's 7 honda 1 and so on. guess i don't care much as long as it gets the job at hand DONE!
with guns Browning was my love but I own about every make now..lol

if your going to HATE for something i own then pick it LOL.

Team LS-3
Smart Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #11
pennor

Drives: 2011 2LT - 73 Corvette 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Just FYI, there are a lot of import manufacturer plants in the good ol' US of A...
Yea, I know that. And I know that the Camaro is technically an import because it comes from Canada. BUT! It's not where the car is put together it's where the money that I spend goes. I want my profits to end up here in the USA and not in Tokyo or Seoul or some other place.

But, politics is banned from this forum and I won't go there. The point is I don't hate people who buy those cars, I just choose to NOT join that group.
pennor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:14 AM   #12
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
It's not hate. Hate is loading up and killing someone. This is just brand rivalry and it is FUN! think about this; what if everyone had the exact same car, wore the exact same clothing, listened to the exact same music, spoke the same language and all were the same color with the same color hair and eyes. Wouldn't it be a pretty boring world? This melting pot of the United States is ideal. We can pick on Mustang and Challenger owners and they can make fun of us. I love it. Who wants to watch all Camaros racing each other at the strip? Not I, I would rather see a Camaro battling a Mustang.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #13
Fidgit

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Black-on-Black
Quote:

I dont understand people that think like that, Honda, Subaru and Toyota all have plants that manufacture parts and assemble cars in the United States. GM and Ford are the ones who ship all their work out to Canada and Mexico. The Zeta platform itself was engineered by Holden, an Austrailian company. I dont want to start a war but c'mon, you really cannot believe that by buying an "American brand" you are really helping out anyone here in America.
Fidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:48 AM   #14
ewynn9

Drives: IOM 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
I like cool cars no matter what brand they are. More important than how cool the car is though is how cool the driver is. Alot of really sweet cars out their are driven by total douch bags, Camaros included.

Truth right there. I've always loved mustangs, I've wanted one for as long as I can remember. I just happened to fall in love with the new camaros when i was looking for a car. I've got alot of respect for cars and the way people mod them, but its alot of those people that I just can't stand. I ran into a camaro owner last night at Walgreens that completely ignored me when i tried to talk to him.