Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 05-28-2011, 11:37 AM   #15
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk View Post
Well, once AW was bought out by DELL, it went down the tubes. They are still decent PC's but overpriced.
I would have to agree to this about 50%

I think the desktops are overpriced for what you get vs. what you can build
As for the laptops I think they're good, then I do also have a M11x
Old 05-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #16
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
I have an M15x back when they had many rebates, and sales. I also got coupon code for alienware so I got a great deal on an m15x all powerful
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 05:18 PM   #17
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
Well, given that laptops are a bit harder to customize to your particular preference... this was easily the best choice for me.

As for bloatware... yeah, that'll all be coming off... but I do like the lights and styling.

I totally agree that they are overpriced, but I personally believe in their quality, and they will back it up. Yeah, they may have sold out, but it's still alienware - not a dell computer.

If I really wanted portability, I would've gotten a much cheaper, smaller one... but I usually have it on my coffee table ( even though I've got a great gaming desktop... such a long walk to my office upstairs, and no big screen TV up there ) or I'm killing time at work... 12 hour shifts answering a phone and watching security cams.

GREAT LINK! Those are definitely solid computers, but I've got credit through Dell, and I've actually wanted an alienware since they were a niche company. Personally, I love their style... to each his (or her) own

And, to conclude my point-counterpoint: This is a computer that won't age quite as bad, therefore a good longterm investment.

Last edited by terry_b; 05-28-2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: forgot to mention...
terry_b is offline   Reply With Quote