Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-25-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
69prostreet

Drives: 1969 Camaro Pro Street
May 6th V6 Camaros for Sale?

OK, so this is my first thread. I plan on buying a V6 Camaro for my wife and I not sure I can stand to go through the allocations and event codes and not see a car till September. I would like the car today! LOL I was wondering what everyone thought about trying to buy one of the cars that every dealers is supposed to get prior to May 6th. So I have some question for the dealers out there.

I read there will be four colors shipped. Does any one know what these four colors are?

Does any one know what trim levels will be? I am looking for a 2LT/RS

Has any one presold any of these cars?

What does everyone think of this strategy? Do you think there might be some cars available at MSRP?

Thanks
69prostreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
John VS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT CGM, IOM Int.
I think it's a good strategy. In fact, one dealer I spoke to recommended I do just that.

I did a survey of dealers in my area and two of them offered to sell me their demo cars. One dealer told me he'd be getting a new demo every month for 4 months. Not sure if that's true. Anyway, I'd start calling local dealers now. Some may even know what they're getting. Get your name in. If you wait until May, it'll probably be too late.

Not sure on the colors, but the ones I've seen in pics from the plant seem to be mostly black, red, yellow and orange. No white, grey, jewel tint or blue that I've seen.
John VS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
The colors of the V6 demo cars appear to be Black, Red, Yellow and Silver (and perhaps some IOM). They will be varying trim levels and I don't believe that any dealers know what they will be getting. It will be whatever shows up for them.

Your risk here is that dealers may be looking to mark those cars up. But if you find a dealer who will sell it at MSRP then I don't see anything wrong with it short of the fact that you may not have much choice as far as color and features on the car.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69prostreet View Post
OK, so this is my first thread. I plan on buying a V6 Camaro for my wife and I not sure I can stand to go through the allocations and event codes and not see a car till September. I would like the car today! LOL I was wondering what everyone thought about trying to buy one of the cars that every dealers is supposed to get prior to May 6th. So I have some question for the dealers out there.

I read there will be four colors shipped. Does any one know what these four colors are?

Does any one know what trim levels will be? I am looking for a 2LT/RS

Has any one presold any of these cars?

What does everyone think of this strategy? Do you think there might be some cars available at MSRP?

Thanks
You could do that if you find a dealer willing to sell it. Only thing is, it will probably cost you more and you don't get to choose colors or options. The dealers won't know what colors or options they are getting until the car is invoiced and shipped.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
nol300

Drives: 92 300ZX TT 2007 Silverado
I doubt they will be 2LT/RS they generally don't send out the most expensive model in the V6 to the dealers.
nol300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
LPFSTheFett

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
I do not think that those cars are going to be for sale. I'm pretty sure GM wants the cars to just sit there and drum up business for the release. If they were for sale, they would all be sold w/in 24 hours and then having this big May 6th launch would be pointless.

This is also one of the smarter things I think GM has done in awhile! People will come in to check out the new camaro and say, wow that other brand new car sitting there is pretty nice and buy that.
LPFSTheFett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #7
LPFSTheFett

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Just talked to my dealer about these cars, he said GM doesn't want them selling the cars until after the May 6th event, so you may be in luck! I'd get ahold of a couple dealers in your area about the potential of buying the car. Though as stated above, I'm guessing they will almost all be sold over MSRP.

I told him if he gets a V8, to go ahead and write my name on it lol. He laughed and said it'll be a V6. Also confirmed my order is still sitting at 3000, asked him to check for a build week and e-mail me, so we'll see.
LPFSTheFett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:08 PM   #8
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
could one of the dealers provide the 4 types of demo cars being distributed. I know they are all V6 and either yellow, black, red, or silver but I forget what sort of options they have. isnt one like a black 1LT RS or something? and a couple of LSs thrown in there
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #9
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Please, no yellow!

We will probably know what we get, when we get it. That's how GM usually does it.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #10
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
could one of the dealers provide the 4 types of demo cars being distributed. I know they are all V6 and either yellow, black, red, or silver but I forget what sort of options they have. isnt one like a black 1LT RS or something? and a couple of LSs thrown in there
bob, not sure I understand what you are asking. We have been told that all dealer cars will be V6s - that means 1LS, 1LT and 2LT cars. I would guess that some will have the RS package as an option, but that is only an option on the 1LT and 2LT.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:38 PM   #11
mdky2kss

Drives: 1978 Z28,1986 Iroc,2000 SS
Send a message via AIM to mdky2kss
I had an email from my GM rep a while ago that listed all the combinations that GM was going to build for our showroom cars. They are all LTs (1LT, 2LT)A couple of combos had the RS pkg and some are manuals while the others are automatic. It will get dumped into our order system at some point and we will find out what we are getting. We have no choice in the matter. I have heard that GM wants us to keep it until the 6th of May, but can't do anything if we sell it sooner. Our rep made it sound like it was up to use, but we will see once the car comes in and hear GMs final word on the subject.
mdky2kss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:26 AM   #12
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdky2kss View Post
I had an email from my GM rep a while ago that listed all the combinations that GM was going to build for our showroom cars. They are all LTs (1LT, 2LT)A couple of combos had the RS pkg and some are manuals while the others are automatic. It will get dumped into our order system at some point and we will find out what we are getting. We have no choice in the matter. I have heard that GM wants us to keep it until the 6th of May, but can't do anything if we sell it sooner. Our rep made it sound like it was up to use, but we will see once the car comes in and hear GMs final word on the subject.
Models stated here are correct, and they can be sold and delivered - DEALERSHIP'S CHOICE!

(ours is SOLD if it is an AUTOMATIC - HI KATIE!)
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote