Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 09-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
synergy2ss

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Coupe
Brighton Applefest Car Show

Was just out cleaning the RIMS (break dust) Just because it was such a beautiful night to spend with GRN EN V and WELL BECUSE DAMIT I CAN.The Dusk of the evening creeping in, a little METALLICA beating from the speakers. Well what can I say, it was a picture perfect moment and we know that sorry that by the time I got the camera some of the moment was gone.

Then I remember hearing about a car show in Brighton ON. Just wondering if anybody else is thinking of attending this weekend last I checked the weather was supposed to be nice so I was thinking of checking it out. The Car show will be on September 28, 10am - 4pm at Brighton Public School Check out the following link.

http://brightonapplefest.ca/car-show-s65.php
Attached Images

synergy2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #2
AbsoluteMayheM
LongTimeLurker

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Convertible L99
Danny "The Count" Koker

Hey synergy2ss, I lost my registration spot because I went on a trip with the family at the end of august and forgot to pay the registration through pay-pal. Which was a blessing because I had to work yesterday morning anyways. I did manage to make it out for a little while with my son and two nephews.

The bonus was we got up close and personal with Danny "The Count" Koker. Not sure how many people are a fan of his show Counting Cars, but I watch it and I will admit I was somewhat star struck when he walked over to us. The Brighton car show was held at a local school. there was a TON of cars there. We walked around and the boys started to get a little bored after seeing all the cool cars. When we left the "school yard" and were about to leave there was like another 50 cars or so outside in the parking lot. We did a quick lap around the lot and wouldn't you know. Danny Koker comes out of his bus with his 40 man entourage and walks over to the cool 1933 ford we are looking at.

The boys had no clue who he was, but they knew something was special with all these people around us. Danny was just on the other side of the car talking to the car owner. Danny really seems like a cool ass guy! and a authentic car lover too! The funny part .. at least to me was he was totally impressed with this ford coupe and spent some time checking out the ride and then very nicely introduced himself to the car owner and they had a quick chat and photo op.

When we got there there was a line of AT LEAST 100 people waiting to get autographs from Danny and crew. We must have caught him returning to the autograph booth from eating or something.. There was no one around us at first, just his entourage, but in literally minutes the word got out Danny was back on his way to the booth, there was a crowd/mob of people around us. It was crazy to watch news of his return to the car show, you could almost see the news spread through the crowd. We had a great time there. Good show from what we saw.

Here are some pictures I got with The count about 5 feet away from me and the boys.

]

AbsoluteMayheM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
synergy2ss

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Coupe
Thanks Absolute,I didn't make it up there on Saturday so thanks for the Pictures. Big fan of the Count, every time I see it on the dish I turn it on. Looks like it was a great show.Synergy2ss
synergy2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
AbsoluteMayheM
LongTimeLurker

Danny seems like a cool guy. Just the way I saw him talking to the car owner and interacting with people... I don't think you can fake that.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
leafsfan2005

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Great Photos!

Why was a custom car guy from Vegas in Brighton? Nothing against Brighton - the pizza place downtown is pretty awesome
leafsfan2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
AbsoluteMayheM
LongTimeLurker

Easy answer ... They paid him to come to Brighton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD