Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2017, 04:06 PM   #1
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.
 
RLHMARINES's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Savannah, Ga
Posts: 2,579
Stevenson Motorsports is leaving IMSA..

It seems Stevenson Motorsports will be dropping its IMSA program at the end of this year. Sad news for the Camaro race team but hopefully we'll get some privateers coming in to fill the void. I found this out last night while catching up on some reading but I did not want to believe it.

Thanks Stevenson Motorsports for all the found memories and especially the hospitality shown to all of us on race weekends who happened to have stopped by for pictures and autographs or just to talk shop. My wife and I really enjoyed meeting and talking to the crew at Daytona and we hope to see the entire crew together again in the future with the bow tie camp in your next endeavor.

God Bless and Semper Fi!

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14372...d-imsa-program
__________________
Swift....Silent....Deadly

Last edited by RLHMARINES; 10-16-2017 at 10:34 PM. Reason: spelling
RLHMARINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:02 PM   #2
CamaroFred


 
CamaroFred's Avatar
 
Drives: Miss Con Ception
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,439
That's a real shame. They only ran that car for one year. IMSA screwed them over when they had the Z/28 and they finally gave up on it. I was so glad to read they were going to start again with the GT4.R.
Hopefully someone will buy their car.

The only other team I know of is Blakdog Racing in the Pirelli World Challenge. Blackdog has two GT4.Rs but I've only ever seen one of them running at a time.
__________________
2011 1SS/RS LS3 CGM
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 09:38 PM   #3
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.
 
RLHMARINES's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Savannah, Ga
Posts: 2,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
That's a real shame. They only ran that car for one year. IMSA screwed them over when they had the Z/28 and they finally gave up on it. I was so glad to read they were going to start again with the GT4.R.
Hopefully someone will buy their car.

The only other team I know of is Blakdog Racing in the Pirelli World Challenge. Blackdog has two GT4.Rs but I've only ever seen one of them running at a time.
They both run each race but one is campaigned by the owner as a Pro Am entry in the same race.
__________________
Swift....Silent....Deadly
RLHMARINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:54 PM   #4
Z/28Dan


 
Z/28Dan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Red Hot Z/28
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,262
Wow, that stinks. I wonder if they ever wound up selling their 5th Gen Z/28s they were trying to unload?
__________________
There are only so many days in your lifetime. So get out and drive your Camaro...

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:29 AM   #5
BMR Sales



 
BMR Sales's Avatar
 
Drives: Race Car
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 4,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
That's a real shame. They only ran that car for one year. IMSA screwed them over when they had the Z/28 and they finally gave up on it. I was so glad to read they were going to start again with the GT4.R.
Hopefully someone will buy their car.

The only other team I know of is Blakdog Racing in the Pirelli World Challenge. Blackdog has two GT4.Rs but I've only ever seen one of them running at a time.
Blackdog always runs both cars - one for LAWSON ​​ASCHENBACH & one for Tony Gaples
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 11:32 AM   #6
BMR Sales



 
BMR Sales's Avatar
 
Drives: Race Car
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 4,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
It seems Stevenson Motorsports will be dropping its IMSA program at the end of this year. Sad news for the Camaro race team but hopefully we'll get some privateers coming in to fill the void. I found this out last night while catching up on some reading but I did not want to believe it.

Thanks Stevenson Motorsports for all the found memories and especially the hospitality shown to all of us on race weekends who happened to have stopped by for pictures and autographs or just to talk shop. My wife and I really enjoyed meeting and talking to the crew at Daytona and we hope to see the entire crew together again in the future with the bow tie camp in your next endeavor.

God Bless and Semper Fi!

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/14372...d-imsa-program
They are dropping out of both IMSA with their Audi & Continental Tire Challenge with the Camaro.

Probably a financial situation as they used to have Factory support money and now they would be just a Customer Team. a Shame!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:37 PM   #7
CamaroFred


 
CamaroFred's Avatar
 
Drives: Miss Con Ception
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
They both run each race but one is campaigned by the owner as a Pro Am entry in the same race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Blackdog always runs both cars - one for LAWSON ​​ASCHENBACH & one for Tony Gaples
I wonder why I never noticed?

PWC gets me confused with all the classes they have.
__________________
2011 1SS/RS LS3 CGM
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:22 PM   #8
BMR Sales



 
BMR Sales's Avatar
 
Drives: Race Car
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 4,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
I wonder why I never noticed?

PWC gets me confused with all the classes they have.
PWC Classes are a bit weird! Especially the class the Camaros run in!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:49 PM   #9
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.
 
RLHMARINES's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Savannah, Ga
Posts: 2,579
The Camaro GT4.R (GT4) runs in the GTS class and the Cadillac ATS-V.R (GT3) runs in the GT class in the Pirelli-World Challenge.
__________________
Swift....Silent....Deadly
RLHMARINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:43 AM   #10
BMR Sales



 
BMR Sales's Avatar
 
Drives: Race Car
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 4,718
The GTS class is the weird one with cars you've never heard of or can buy!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.