Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 03-23-2010, 10:22 AM   #43
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS

I can't wait for Satuday...

April 10th will be a good fight card as well!!! But Demian Maia? I haven't seen him fight recently, but I don't have a good feeling about him...It most likely won't go past the second round unless Silva decides to toy with him

BJ Penn, I think, is going to dominate Edgar. Sure, Edgar is pretty good, but not BJ Penn good.

I also want to see my boy Matt Hughes take out Renzo. I have nothing against Renzo, but I've like Hughes for a while.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #44
streetshark
Bringin' The Pain

Drives: 2031 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post

I also want to see my boy Matt Hughes take out Renzo. I have nothing against Renzo, but I've like Hughes for a while.
Renzo by sub round 2........................sorry. Never really liked Hughes much but I think Gracie will take an arm home that night.
streetshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #45
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetshark View Post
Renzo by sub round 2........................sorry. Never really liked Hughes much but I think Gracie will take an arm home that night.
Thanks for the visual!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 11:34 PM   #46
slicker
slicker

Drives: Cyber Grey 1 LT / RS
sorry but i think Renzo will sup matt aswell. It been almost a year scince he has be in the octagon.
BJ will take edger. and the bad thing is anderson should beat Maia. but i have been hearing talk that adreson wants to give his title up but to whom not sure. the talk was that he wanted to give it to Nate marquart but marquart lost his shot with his last fight so we will see what aderson does. this is the first fight in abidaubi. forgive the spelling lol
Old 03-25-2010, 12:40 PM   #47
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

I think Hughes has some kind of grudge against the Gracie's. I remember when he fought Royce he said something about "I want to show them that their way is not the only way..." It'll be another jiu-jitsu vs. american wrestling match again.

If Belfort would not have pulled out of the fight against Anderson, it may have given him a reason to maybe stay. He's been talking of giving up the belt for quite some time now. Nobody can beat the guy!
Old 03-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #48
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

So, I just learned that Thiago Alves has been pulled from the fight against Jon Fitch...I guess he failed 3 CAT scans or something...
Old 03-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #49
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Just the following:
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2010, 09:03 AM   #50
BEARS-SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
GSP is a breath of fresh air in the smog filled MMA world. He doesn't start talking s#it, unless the other guys spouts off first. He's respectful to the opponent, no matter what was said. And, he's an all-around BA fighter.

There are a few others that are like him, but for a two-time champ to act like he acts...it's amazing. Humble in victory, gracious in defeat.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:04 AM   #51
BEARS-SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
I think Hughes has some kind of grudge against the Gracie's. I remember when he fought Royce he said something about "I want to show them that their way is not the only way..." It'll be another jiu-jitsu vs. american wrestling match again.

If Belfort would not have pulled out of the fight against Anderson, it may have given him a reason to maybe stay. He's been talking of giving up the belt for quite some time now. Nobody can beat the guy!
I liked how Royce said it was a victory for his family because Matt Hughes beat him with BJJ.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #52
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARS-SS View Post
GSP is a breath of fresh air in the smog filled MMA world. He doesn't start talking s#it, unless the other guys spouts off first. He's respectful to the opponent, no matter what was said. And, he's an all-around BA fighter.

There are a few others that are like him, but for a two-time champ to act like he acts...it's amazing. Humble in victory, gracious in defeat.
Completely agree with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEARS-SS View Post
I liked how Royce said it was a victory for his family because Matt Hughes beat him with BJJ.
Yep, I remember that as well! And then Hughes replied with, "...no, it was American Wrestling..."
Old 03-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #53
slicker
slicker

ya what will he say when he get sub by Renzo Gracie on the 10th of april
Old 03-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #54
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

LOL!!! I really don't know, but Matt Hughes is still my boy!!!

Okay guys, only a few hours away from a great UFC event...Enjoy the fights!!!
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2010, 12:26 AM   #55
slicker
slicker

and a great figt it was GSP should have broke the arm but i have to give hardy credit he was not going to tap and went to distance. hardy is tough and said he now understand why GSP is the champ. hardy showed good respect kudos to hardy. how but mir getting knocked out and carwin has now done 12 KOS all with in the first round but now he has been in more the 2 minutes. it was a great night of fights. wow.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:51 AM   #56
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Oh man, was it ever!!! I really felt bad for Hardy, but I also give him kudos for his show of respect to GSP. I think GSP could have really hurt him and could even have broken his arm if he would have shifted his legs, but it looked like he didn't want to cause any serious damage.

I guess it will be Carwin and Lesnar in July. I never though I would see Mir get worked over like that, but I do have to give props to Carwin.