Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #127
ps2ren

Drives: Camaro SS
My friend has a 2013 Mustang GT, to be honest, they did update the interior a LOT. The car does feel more agile than the camaro since it is lighter, but it is very rough on bumps and much louder on the inside. So to be completely honest, mustang would be better as a weekend fun car and the camaro is a lot easier to live with from day to day.

He's having some 2nd thoughts about it, mainly because there are way too many mustangs on the road. Too many pre-face lift V6 are driven by kids trying to show off, and many people can't tell the difference between those and his brand new GT...... Plus the small difference in 0-60 is minimized when driving in the real world. He actually tells me "I'm still not sure if I made the right decision." I always comfort him by saying :"Your car is slightly faster." and he would always respond :"Yea but look at your car... damn..."
Old 11-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #128
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
ps2ren, Funny you say that because every single mag /reviews i have read has said the Camaro is a much better car to do everyday driving with than the stang, and they all perfered the Camaro to the Mustang because of that, It blows away the Mustang except in a drag race, 1/4 mile,,,
Old 11-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #129
ps2ren

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
ps2ren, Funny you say that because every single mag /reviews i have read has said the Camaro is a much better car to do everyday driving with than the stang, and they all perfered the Camaro to the Mustang because of that, It blows away the Mustang except in a drag race, 1/4 mile,,,
I think that's the same case for the ZL1 vs GT500 too. Oh also the mustang GT is slightly more expensive than the SS consider the stock V6 breaks are borderline suicidal on the GT, and you must pay the extra $2000 for the brembos which come stock on the SS for free.

Sadly he didn't get the brake upgrades and it really shows as soon as the sun goes away. Well I'm sure he will upgrade when the current ones need to be replaced.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #130
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2ren View Post
and you must pay the extra $2000 for the brembos which come stock on the SS for free.

They rip you off on the Brembo package, the better deal is ordering the track-pac if you can stand the 3.73 rear end. Oh, and nothing is free.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #131
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
I think that's the same case for the ZL1 vs GT500 too. Oh also the mustang GT is slightly more expensive than the SS consider the stock V6 breaks are borderline suicidal on the GT, and you must pay the extra $2000 for the brembos which come stock on the SS for free.

Sadly he didn't get the brake upgrades and it really shows as soon as the sun goes away. Well I'm sure he will upgrade when the current ones need to be replaced.
I didn't see a problem with the basic brakes on my 2011 5.0. Actually they felt like they stopped faster than my SS with brembos. Of course that could be the weight difference too. Either way, I thought the stock GT brakes were just fine, but of course I didn't take it road racing or anything.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #132
Candy_Camaro
Amanda

Drives: 2014 ZL1
All I notice is anyone I pass in a Mustang feels the need to show off. What is that all about?
Old 11-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #133
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Egos that can't take being passed by either a girl or a Camaro, never mind the two taken together.

Norm
Old 11-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #134
Dr. Love

Drives: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Talked to a former co-worker this morning that I hadn't seen in a couple of years. Asked him how he liked his 2007 Mustang GT he bought new. He said he likes the car a lot but had a few problems in the beginning that were covered under warranty.

I asked him if he has a hatred towards the Camaro like many Mustang owners seem to have. His response was priceless....he is pissed off because he likes the new Camaro's more than the Mustang he bought and wished he would have waited to buy a Camaro. He said he thinks that is the feeling of many Mustang owners and it comes down to anger from jealousy. Reminds me of the commercial "Oops I should have had a V8."

I have often wondered how many Mustang owners that wished they wouldn't have bought a Mustang after seeing the new Camaro.

Russ
I think that there are an equal number of people on both sides of the Mustang/Camaro debate. I have met just as many die-hard Mustang haters as I have die-hard Camaro haters. I really don't think jealousy has anything to do with why one person chooses one type of car over another. I know that the Mustang people I hang around have car brand loyalty.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #135
2012 IngotSilver 5.0
FIVE.OH

Drives: 2016 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post
Be proud.
  • Proud that the Mustang was never discontinued as a result of a lack of consumer interest?
  • Proud that the Mustang was America's original pony car?
  • Proud that in it's first year, Mustang sales shattered the previous record of any one model in the history of the automobile?
Why yes. Yes I am proud.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #136
2012 IngotSilver 5.0
FIVE.OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy_Camaro View Post
All I notice is anyone I pass in a Mustang feels the need to show off. What is that all about?
"Superior Automobile Syndrome"?

Old 11-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #137
2012 IngotSilver 5.0
FIVE.OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
They are jealous , and should be , Nothing beats the looks of a Camaro, And by the way how is a mustang faster ? Take it out on a winding road and watch them disappear in your rear view mirror. MBS stands for Mustangboysucks haha they toned it down for me,
^Be proud fellow C5 members.

Be very proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven_is_inferno_orange View Post
Just gonna say I have only met a handful of mustang guys that weren't jerks to me. Im sure there are camaro guys out there to that are jerks to ...
I've been in Camaro Clubs as well as Mustang Clubs.

There are good guys in both, and there are immature juveniles in both.

Car brand holds no rights on certain people bringing down the whole club, sorry to say ...
Old 11-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #138
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 IngotSilver 5.0 View Post
  • Proud that the Mustang was never discontinued as a result of a lack of consumer interest?
  • Proud that the Mustang was America's original pony car?
  • Proud that in it's first year, Mustang sales shattered the previous record of any one model in the history of the automobile?
Why yes. Yes I am proud.
I don't participate in being a hater towards Challenger or Mustang owners, I happen to like all of them. I however have gotten the cold shoulder more than once from groups of Mustang guys. I was @ MIS this year and there were 5 Mustangs in a row and I simply asked if they minded if I parked next to them, they told me yes they would mind. That's just being assholes.

You fellow muscle car owner are doing nothing but stirring the pot by throwing out your comments on a CAMARO FORUM. What is your motive any way? You expect loyal Camaro owners to NOT be smartasses to you when you post your propaganda??

Russ
Old 11-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #139
2012 IngotSilver 5.0
FIVE.OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
I don't participate in ...

Russ
You addressed many good points, so for the sake of clarity allow me to respond to your comments individually ...

Quote:
I don't participate in being a hater towards Challenger or Mustang owners, I happen to like all of them.
As do I.

It's the people and how they act towards one another that matters to me. The cars they drive, that's secondary.

Quote:
I however have gotten the cold shoulder more than once from groups of Mustang guys.
Join the club Russ, so have I (and I own a Mustang!)

To be fair, I'm sure there are many Mustang/Challenger owners who say the same thing about Camaro guys. You should know that when I go to car shows, I approach owners of every type of vehicle with respect. But in regards to your specific experience, allow me to apologize on behalf of Mustang owners everywhere ...

I am sorry!

Quote:
You fellow muscle car owner are doing nothing but stirring the pot by throwing out your comments on a CAMARO FORUM. What is your motive any way?
I'm not just another "outsider" posting here. The tag I had when I started on this forum was "SummitWhiteLS", as I had previously owned a 2010 Camaro LS. So having posted on this forum for some time now, I still occasionally like to peruse it.

Quote:
You expect loyal Camaro owners to NOT be smartasses to you when you post your propaganda??
#1 - I've posted many positive comments/feedback on this forum (check my history if you don't believe me). Sure, at times I poke a little fun too. But that's all it is.

#2 - Noting I have not come here to spread "propaganda", my expectations of this forum (and every other internet forum) is ... I expect nothing.

People are people, and every forum has their fair share of juvenile delinquents. In closing, I'd like to repeat that I have made a multitude of posts giving props to Camaro owners. If I was here just to harass people, it would get old real quick and become overly tiresome.

PEACE
Old 11-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #140
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:

Brembo brake package isn't really needed on the GT. The stock 13.5" brakes do just fine and stop shorter than the Brembos on the Camaro. And the Brembo package is $1600 and it includes the Brembo brakes, 19" wheels with summer high performance tires, different sway bars, shocks, and springs, 3.73 rear end, and performance tuning for the stability control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I didn't see a problem with the basic brakes on my 2011 5.0. Actually they felt like they stopped faster than my SS with brembos. Of course that could be the weight difference too. Either way, I thought the stock GT brakes were just fine, but of course I didn't take it road racing or anything.
x2. I did some spirited driving at a place called Tortilla Flats here locally, and they held up great with about 20 minutes of constant 100mph to 20 runs on very twisty canyon roads. Weak link is the fluid, which will be getting replaced with DOT4 at next oil change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Love View Post
I think that there are an equal number of people on both sides of the Mustang/Camaro debate. I have met just as many die-hard Mustang haters as I have die-hard Camaro haters. I really don't think jealousy has anything to do with why one person chooses one type of car over another. I know that the Mustang people I hang around have car brand loyalty.
I agree. I see just as many Mustang owners being asses to Camaro owners as I do the other way around. What surprises me even more is the animosity between 4th gen and 5th gen guys.

And where is this myth coming from that the SS handles better than the GT?

Closed Thread