Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-10-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Whistling Noise Repair

A couple weeks back I took my car in to get a whistling noise that I thought was coming from my windshield. Turns out the noise was coming from my headlight and they said they repaired it, and I didn't think much about it. Well today I was washing my car? And noticed that all they did was use clear silicone caulking on the top part of the headlight! It looks junky. Is this what they are SUPPOSED to do??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-10-2014, 01:48 PM   #2
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
And a sloppy job to boot. I'm wondering why all 2014 models with the RS package wouldn't do it. Unless you have super hearing, something must be amiss with the headlight fit and the remedy they did was below sub par for a brand new car. I'd be pissed if a dealership did that to our well kept car. Seems the same remedy could be accomplished with a piece of clear door edge guard that has adhesive backing. There are two types, one that slips over the edge and the other adheres to the outer surface of the door edge. They sell some thin strips at O'Reilly I was just looking at the other day but I opted for the conventional U-shaped type that lips over the door edge. At least it would look better than a sloppy silicone job.

Last edited by RobertRS; 07-10-2014 at 02:02 PM.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #3
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
I talked to someone else on Instagram and they said they had the same problem with the noise with the headlight. They own a 2014 w/ RS package like mine too and when I asked him how they repaired his, they said they did the exact same thing as they did with mine! It's crappy that they would try to pull that off as a "repair"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk