Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #309
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX_BLACK_INFERNO_Xx View Post
anyone still helping out with this escalation process?
I'd like to know also?
Is this thread dead?
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #310
xX_BLACK_INFERNO_Xx

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Seems like it.
xX_BLACK_INFERNO_Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #311
rmaringa

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro
GM is just as much at fault as any dealership for not implementing some serious oversights into how their product is sold and handled.
rmaringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #312
32wishes

Drives: 2012 Summit White Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
There have been a few threads on here started by people who have had problems with their cars that were not handled or resolved to their satisfaction by their dealer. In some cases, these have been escalated (thanks in part to this forum and its members) to GM and are in the process of being addressed. In some cases, people have been bashing GM, their dealers, the Camaro, etc.

I realized that many people don't know the options that are available to them when it comes to getting issues like this addressed. So I felt I would outline what should be done in these cases. Please note, these are for issues that have not been handled appropriately or to your satisfaction by your dealer. Don't contact GM if you haven't gone to your dealer first and at least given them a chance to address the problem.

The first step should always be to take the car back to your dealer. Give the dealer a chance to address the issue. [This is where having a reliable dealer and having a good relationship with them comes in handy, but I digress.] Personally, I would recommend documenting this process for yourself just in case it does need to be escalated later.

If your issue hasn't been resolved to your satisfaction and you feel that the dealer is not being helpful, you should contact GM's Customer Assistance Group at 1-800-508-3060. This number has been established exactly for cases like this. They are there to assist you in getting a resolution to your problem.

If you feel further escalation is necessary, PM me.

Don't bash GM if you haven't taken the proper steps to make sure that your issue has been resolved. I hope this helps anyone who may be experiencing issues.

NOTE: If you have contacted or state you are going to contact a lawyer my ability to assist you will be limited. I know some people get frustrated with dealing with these issues and I don't blame them. In fact, I completely understand. I just want to be upfront and honest with what I can and can't help with.

Unfortunately, GM customer service doesn't do anything. You try to go through all channels and the dealerships just pawn you off telling you you are crazy. Then you go to GM customer service and they tell you what you want to hear but don't relay that information to the dealership or offer a solution.

My camaro is 3 Yrs old and has been in the shop numerous times for the same issue, engine issues. It has been in the dealerships longer then I have been able to reap its benefits & GUESS WHAT?! I am still paying for this car every month!! This car was purchased BRAND NEW. I get that lemons happen, but DEAR LORD GM can fix this issue. I will never buy another chevy or GM again.
32wishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #313
32wishes

Drives: 2012 Summit White Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
There have been a few threads on here started by people who have had problems with their cars that were not handled or resolved to their satisfaction by their dealer. In some cases, these have been escalated (thanks in part to this forum and its members) to GM and are in the process of being addressed. In some cases, people have been bashing GM, their dealers, the Camaro, etc.

I realized that many people don't know the options that are available to them when it comes to getting issues like this addressed. So I felt I would outline what should be done in these cases. Please note, these are for issues that have not been handled appropriately or to your satisfaction by your dealer. Don't contact GM if you haven't gone to your dealer first and at least given them a chance to address the problem.

The first step should always be to take the car back to your dealer. Give the dealer a chance to address the issue. [This is where having a reliable dealer and having a good relationship with them comes in handy, but I digress.] Personally, I would recommend documenting this process for yourself just in case it does need to be escalated later.

If your issue hasn't been resolved to your satisfaction and you feel that the dealer is not being helpful, you should contact GM's Customer Assistance Group at 1-800-508-3060. This number has been established exactly for cases like this. They are there to assist you in getting a resolution to your problem.

If you feel further escalation is necessary, PM me.

Don't bash GM if you haven't taken the proper steps to make sure that your issue has been resolved. I hope this helps anyone who may be experiencing issues.

NOTE: If you have contacted or state you are going to contact a lawyer my ability to assist you will be limited. I know some people get frustrated with dealing with these issues and I don't blame them. In fact, I completely understand. I just want to be upfront and honest with what I can and can't help with.

Unfortunately, GM customer service doesn't do anything. You try to go through all channels and the dealerships just pawn you off telling you you are crazy. Then you go to GM customer service and they tell you what you want to hear but don't relay that information to the dealership or offer a solution.

My camaro is 3 Yrs old and has been in the shop numerous times for the same issue, engine issues. This car was purchased BRAND NEW. I get the lemons happen, but DEAR LORD GM can fix this issue. I will never buy another chevy or GM again.
32wishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:32 PM   #314
PR325xi

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Gm just agrees with the dealer most of the time, my clutch was replaced like a month ago and I had escalated the issue with gm, they did nothing, they didn't even followed up, I caller numerous times and other reps couldn't help me as the case was assigned to a particular rep. I'm yet still eating for the call, I believe they cannot close the ticket without first talking to the customer but I might be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PR325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:13 PM   #315
BluePhoenix

Drives: 2020 GMC Sierra AT4
Thanks for the info CamaroPete!

1100 - 3/23/2023
2000 - 3/27/2023
3000 - 3/28/2023
3400 - 4/12/2023 — 4/24 TPW
3800 - 4/28/2023
5000 - 5/30/2023
6000 - 6/03/2023

2020 GMC Sierra AT4 6.2L Black
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:53 PM   #316
HTLady00

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I own a 2010 Camaro 2SS that is at a dealer’s service department (since last Wednesday the 31st. I have only owned the car since May 2014.) I dropped it off because it had a third issue on Wednesday with misfire and stability/ traction control error. Thank goodness I decided to pull into a gas station to get off the road after it happened on the freeway because she then stalled.

The car has coded (all lights came on and misfired/ rough run) three times over the last 6 months, the last time was on Wednesday the 31st. All (3) three times it gives the following:
Misfire on cylinder 4 and tire pressure sensor error.
Misfire on cylinder 4 and tire pressure sensor error.
Misfire on cylinder 4 and stability/ traction control error.

When I dropped it off Wednesday right after the event (to the dealership) the check engine light was on. The car even stalled out as I drove into a gas station to get off the road right after the misfire event. I was 3 miles from a dealership, so I restarted it about 5 minutes later and took it straight to them. Check engine light was still on when I delivered it to the dealership.

The dealership service department says they can’t do anything for me at this time. They said they see the code showing for the misfire on Cylinder 4 and the stability stability/ traction control error. They say they “need to recreate the misfire event” and after they drove it over 60 miles they cannot recreate it. I explained to them that this has happened 3 times in total, that the code is always misfire on cylinder 4, that it happens at highway speed, about 15 minutes into a drive and when it is cold or wet outside if that matters. Also I have noted that the car begins to run rough right before the misfire event. And that she has a couple times run a bit rough and has some (lifter knock/ chatter) at times but never when I take it in.

So far:
I took it to the dealer on Wednesday. They did not contact me as promised Friday with news. (Today said they can’t do anything at this time.)
I contacted GM and opened a case on Friday, they told me to work with the dealer but they would be contacting the dealer.

My issue: today the dealer called and said to pick up my Camaro because at this time they can’t recreate the issue. I don't understand how recreating an issue that has happened 3 times and leaves codes for misfire on 4 needs to be recreated? Logic dictates that recreating it is not going to tell them anything more than they know now. Misfire on 4. So why? This is my only vehicle. I am afraid to drive my car now. If it stalls on the highway, like it did when I pulled over, I won’t be able to controller her. It will end badly for me at 55 to 60 mph. Any thoughts or help?

Last edited by HTLady00; 01-05-2015 at 11:17 PM. Reason: correction to wording and updated info
HTLady00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:01 PM   #317
glreddecliff@yahoo.com

Drives: 2015 lt v6
i have a problem with my 2015 2 lt the performance exhaust sounds like crap and two dealers say it is normal i can't you would build something that sounds like that and sell it as a performance upgrade am hoping you can help my case number is 8-2121884609.
glreddecliff@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 02:56 PM   #318
Godawgs14

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS
I have been working with the Chevy dealer since Sept 15, 2016 to resolve the same issue - stabiltrack control light as well as engine light coming on. The car "jerks" and feels like it is knocking when shifting through gears but runs smoothly at idle. On two return trips was told that Cylinder 5 was bad. They replaced it each time - the problem still occurred. Now I am being told the ECM is bad and needs to be replaced ($550.00). They are stating "they are "pretty sure" that's what the issue is - but will not guarantee that this will correct the issue. The car has been back to their service dept. four times since 9/15- with the dealer having kept the car for two weeks on one visit. The car has now, the most recent return, been at the dealer since October 18. I have never had this type of unbelievably bad service since I have owned this car - it is just unfortunate that I had to relocate and cannot use the dealer who serviced the car for the last five years. I have owned this car since it came off the truck brand new in 2010 and have never had this type of service from any dealer - I feel like they are guessing and it is costing me money every time they are wrong. Help!
Godawgs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:02 PM   #319
Godawgs14

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS
I too am dealing with the same issue with the dealer in my area. the stabiltrack and engine lights are coming on and the car is jerking and knocking when shifting into gear. My car now has been at the dealer four times for the same issue over the last six weeks. It is now, still with the dealer, since October 18, once again for the same issue. they just texted me and stated that it is the ECM which is bad - well they stated "they are pretty sure" its the ECM which is bad - yet another $550.00 to fix it -
Godawgs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 03:21 PM   #320
Lobopr

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Problem with Camaro 16

I have a 2016 Camaro SS bought in March of this year. A couple of months ago notice a flaw in the head liner. It can be seen through the front windshield, located on both sides of the car about 3 to 4 inches long close to the hard points of the door frame. Basically the headliner was not tuck in. Since I bought the car from a nearby state I took the car to local dealership. Long story short they said they going to order a new headliner. Weeks later they let me know no headliner on order and that flaw was normal.(I did get a case number)Not satisfied took to dealer where I bought it again long story short they couldn't do anything and that contact GM customer. I did got a new case number but was told that engineers say that is normal. The dealership have said to me that they have cars on the lot that have the same problem, I have not seen them. What I have seen at my work 2 Camaro's one a SS and one not without my problem. My biggest question has anybody else notice this Problem???
Lobopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:44 PM   #321
azamazonqueen

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godawgs14 View Post
I too am dealing with the same issue with the dealer in my area. the stabiltrack and engine lights are coming on and the car is jerking and knocking when shifting into gear. My car now has been at the dealer four times for the same issue over the last six weeks. It is now, still with the dealer, since October 18, once again for the same issue. they just texted me and stated that it is the ECM which is bad - well they stated "they are pretty sure" its the ECM which is bad - yet another $550.00 to fix it -
Had the exact same problem. It was fixed w the new ECM. Wonder if our cars are close in sequence....
azamazonqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:00 PM   #322
imaSSnake
'Maro

Drives: 2015 SS 6.2L Auto 2SS