Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-23-2015, 09:42 AM   #15
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
Well like what has been mentioned, it is a mistake NOT to get a combination that will make MORE than your desired HP goal. In the PROCHARGER world for example, if you wanted to make say 800 RWHP, then an F1A would do that and I did do that with the result being 880 RWHP. But I changed out to an F1R because I wanted to make the power more easily and the result was around 1000 RWHP with a powerband that was much wider than the F1A produced.

If you look at the DYNO chart the car produces MAX HP from about 6300 all the way up to about 7400 RPM with the F1R. MOST importantly the IAT's are LOWER on the F1R compared to the F1A. Now if I wanted to detune the car back down to 800 RWHP, all I would have to do of course would be to run a bigger pulley.

Sizing becomes even more critical as engine size increases. If I was running a 400 CI motor or bigger for example and wanted to make 1000HP efficiently, I would use a F1X. If you used an F1R, the power would drop off dramatically after a certain RPM point, because you cant push enough air to the engine as it approaches the last 1000 PRM prior to REDLINE. This also means your maximum HP would be produced over a narrower RPM range if you used an F1R here.

The bottom line is you want your combination to make the HIGHEST average HP over its anticipated RPM operating RANGE. In roll race events we beat ALOT of cars that have more peak power and that are lighter than us. Basically you want the car to pull like a MF all the time. LOL
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:01 PM   #16
Mexcomp

Drives: 2011 camaro ss 416 twin turbo
NO overheating problems on 416 twin turbo??
Mexcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:29 PM   #17
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexcomp View Post
NO overheating problems on 416 twin turbo??
Each car is going to be a little different. I had an LSx block 427 with an AGP kit. The kit had the big drag race intercooler. I added a 48 row oil cooler in front of it.

I noticed the car was running little bit hotter because there was an oil cooler, intercooler, ac condenser, and then the stock radiator. That is a of fins for air to go through and cool.

I added a bigger aftermarket radiator with twin Spal fans. My coolant temps were then usually 196 unless I was driving spiritedly in hot weather and then it might get into the 210s. Before the radiator, 220-230 was common.

If I didn't have the oil cooler or didn't have an iron block, I am sure the temps with OEM radiator/fans would have been a little lower.

Car never overheated though even with OEM stuff. I just wanted more insurance against it and got the aftermarket radiator.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote