Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #15
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
Didn't have any problems establishing my account - but I set mine up using my bank debit card. The "only" issue I had was that I also tried to add a credit card, but my husband's PayPal account already had "that" card on file so I couldn't use it. BS.. We have joint accounts for everything we have, just like our bank account - so I don't get why I couldn't add the same card... No biggee..

Other than that, I have had no problems whatsoever. Works for me.
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #16
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
PayPal RULES!

A while back I order some stuff from this guy. He was really cool. Then the trouble started. I received the package and one of the parts was missing. I complained to PayPal and they tried to get in touch with the guy but he blew them off for several days. PayPal got me my $700 back no questions asked! They really came through for me!

(J/K)
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #17
FB3

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS LS3, BRM, NPP
Paypal sucks the big one. I refuse to buy or sell using this "service". I have some personal reasons for this plus some bad experiences with a couple of transactions. They are Time-Warner liberal pukes.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #18
kmthrockmorton

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
PayPal RULES!

A while back I order some stuff from this guy. He was really cool. Then the trouble started. I received the package and one of the parts was missing. I complained to PayPal and they tried to get in touch with the guy but he blew them off for several days. PayPal got me my $700 back no questions asked! They really came through for me!

(J/K)
LMAO Love it.
kmthrockmorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:19 PM   #19
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
PayPal RULES!

(J/K)
WELL PLAYED
Old 06-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #20
OrangeFury
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT, 1974 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodysilver10 View Post
I have been using paypal for 16 years..never any issues..ordered something from a vendor on ebay and I never received the item..paypal refunded my money back to me..my preferred method of payment.

How were you using PP 6 years before it even started, lol?
OrangeFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #21
Eduk8r

Drives: Blue 2SS/RS
I have used PayPal for about 15 years and 100's of transactions. Never a problem.
Eduk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:11 PM   #22
Berean

Drives: Truck
Paypal + ebay is where the problems are.

Paypal alone works just fine.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #23
Moody'sSS

Drives: IOM 2SS 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeFury View Post
How were you using PP 6 years before it even started, lol?
Misspoke..actually been using since around 2000 when I brought my first motorcycle..end result is I never had any issue with them..and it is my choice of payment if available.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:24 PM   #24
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublefatty View Post
So at this juncture, my credit card is verified and I'm ready to "check out" the catback. Not so fast homey.... During the check out process, I'm directed to another Pay Pal web page where they now want to verify a bank account and use that as the payment source for this transaction.
Short story is PayPal requires a bank acct verification. You stopped the process on your own and that's your choice to do so. Done deal... and it doesn't mean PayPal blows. It's just not for you.

It's best to use PayPal with your Bank acct and NOT w/ credit cards. They Charge 3% extra to use credit. It's a one step process to just connect to a bank account.

And for the guy who got screwed out of 700 bucks... it takes a lot more than 2 days and one e-mail to make that happen with PayPal... there's an entire appeal process and several e-mails that takes at least a month. Safe for both ends when there is merchandise involved. Just don't use it to buy downloaded softare... If the software doesn't work the seller wins on this one.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:32 PM   #25
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
Had a guy stiff me on a cell phone. Pay pal got me double my money back
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:33 PM   #26
OrangeFury
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2010 IOM 1LT, 1974 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodysilver10 View Post
Misspoke..actually been using since around 2000 when I brought my first motorcycle..end result is I never had any issue with them..and it is my choice of payment if available.

Just messin' w/ ya. Same experience for me, I have had no real issues w/ PP in 10 years, at least as a Buyer. Now, as a Seller...slightly different story. Very easy for Buyers on ebay to take advantage of the system.
OrangeFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #27
Maa107
Someone give me a Camaro!

Drives: '09HHR
never had problems with paypal
Old 06-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #28
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
I've been using PayPal since the '90s. Not one problem with them.

I highly recommend their services!