Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #15
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xSSRS View Post
I do the same. Sometimes I get a wave back, but most times not. I'll still keep do'n it. It's nice to get a wave back every once in a while.
Maybe it's just me... But I feel like those who don't wave back for the most part just bought the car just because( if that makes sense). Meaning they don't understand the true significance of the what type of car they are driving. But hey maybe I could be wrong. Maybe those who doesn't wave back could just be in a bad mood. lol!
Old 05-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #16
Jason RS
2011 Summit White V6 RS

Drives: 2011 Summit White V6 RS MRT 1.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
Last year or so a police department had two stings going on around here - one was catching speeders on the highway and the other was giving tickets to the people flashing their lights to warn other drivers.

Then there is this from 2012 http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1083606. where a judge ruled that it was free speech.

Back on topic - the last 'wave' I got was from a guy in a really nice Mustang California Special
Love that link. I will keep doing it after reading that. Thanks for the post.
Jason RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #17
amz
Factory Correct

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I just floor it !!
amz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #18
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
i do it too.....
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #19
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
Maybe it's just me... But I feel like those who don't wave back for the most part just bought the car just because( if that makes sense). Meaning they don't understand the true significance of the what type of car they are driving. But hey maybe I could be wrong. Maybe those who doesn't wave back could just be in a bad mood. lol!
I have this problem with doing a wave is this I drive with my left and my right hand on shift lever. By the time I switch hands and open the window I am past you. I do wave but you may not see me past the tinted windows.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #20
JimAlan

Drives: Black 2SS RS 1LE
I just wave, don't want to get shot at in TX, or risk a ticket. To the Black Camaro in McKinney, sorry I was too deep in thought about my work schedule to even notice you behind me until you turned. Will be looking for you!
JimAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #21
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbaconrules View Post
That's a stunting ticket here.
Yep
Old 05-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #22
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
I do this

Old 05-22-2013, 05:13 AM   #23
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
I have this problem with doing a wave is this I drive with my left and my right hand on shift lever. By the time I switch hands and open the window I am past you. I do wave but you may not see me past the tinted windows.
Well hey if you make an attempt you atleast get points for that. It's the bone heads that look ya in ya face while your gesturing hello . And don't respond. Lol ! D*cks !!! Lol !
Old 05-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #24
msp2887

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason RS View Post
Well this idea has gone bad. No issues with ticket where I live.
4513.15 (A)(1) of the Ohio Motor Vehicle Code: "Whenever the driver of a vehicle approaches an oncoming vehicle, such driver shall use a distribution of light, or composite beam, so aimed that the glaring rays are not projected into the eyes of the oncoming driver."

4513.15 (B) of the Ohio Motor Vehicle Code: "Whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor."

In other words, it's illegal to have your high beams on when approaching another driver. Pretty sure this law is present in just about every state since it's a safety concern.

Last edited by msp2887; 05-22-2013 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Forgot the charge found in part B
msp2887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #25
armoredslayer

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by msp2887 View Post
4513.15 (A)(1) of the Ohio Motor Vehicle Code: "Whenever the driver of a vehicle approaches an oncoming vehicle, such driver shall use a distribution of light, or composite beam, so aimed that the glaring rays are not projected into the eyes of the oncoming driver."

4513.15 (B) of the Ohio Motor Vehicle Code: "Whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor."

In other words, it's illegal to have your high beams on when approaching another driver. Pretty sure this law is present in just about every state since it's a safety concern.
Yeah in NY its called failed to dim lights and last I remember if you flash your lights to warn others there is a section in the V&T for that 2 unless it was changed. You don't typically see officers nailing people for it though (the flashing of the lights) but the failed to dim your lights from high beam to low beam you will see being enforced especially at night, good PC at least to pull cars over.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #26
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Thats actually awful if you have HIDs. Its very hard on the ignitors and the ballasts if you flash them because its a large current draw to turn the ignitors on and get that bulb lit, just for you to shut them right back off again.

But hey...its your headlights...
Old 05-22-2013, 07:38 AM   #27
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
I don't understand the need to have any type of signal or wave. Enjoy your car. I don't need anyone's acknowledgement or approval to do that. Woweee you have the same car I do....we like the same things....yay....lets be friends for a fleeting moment on the highway....

Sorry, I haven't slept much lately so I'm getting cranky(ier).
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #28
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I've thought about it since that other thread on this, and yep, in paying homage to the Gen 1's we should definitely go around holding up one finger to each other.

Not the thumb, that's just silly. Not the pinky, we'd look like snobs. Not the one next to the pinky, that's just hard to do. Not the index finger, everybody would think we were all johnny come lately's supporting the newest champion at something. So I guess that leaves the middle finger, yeah, let's all do that. It'll just be our thing.