Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-11-2015, 09:53 AM   #1
VEESIKS
formerly 2011Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS IBM M6
Those who had LLT replaced....

Hey everyone I recently had my LLT replaced (still at dealer waiting to be picked up). My question to those who have been through this is how many miles have you put on your engine since replacement? Also do the replacement engines have the same front main seal issues? I know they are supposed to have updated timing chains and something in the oiling system updated. I'm a little weary because dealer says it will only be warrantied until the end of my factory powertrain warranty which ends in July. Working on getting an extended warranty from GM now...this car has had a transmission rebuild followed by 2 transmission replacements, then a oil pan gasket, then a front main, and now an engine.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:57 PM   #2
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
Those who had LLT replaced....

My 01/2010 LLT is perfect ... I don't understand the worries...
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 03:13 PM   #3
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Wow, that is a lot of issues. Lemon law applicable? Good luck with it. Knock on wood, I have not had any major issues with mine.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:06 PM   #4
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
dude, I got 60,ooo on orginal engine and tran no issues.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:46 PM   #5
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
just shy of 81,000 myself never had an issue. I'd look into the lemon law in your area thats alot of issues for no reason.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:08 PM   #6
scuba264

Drives: Manual 2011 CGM LS
Hey we're in the same boat. I'm picking up my car probably tomorrow after TWO MONTHS of my crappy dealer sitting on my car. 2011 with 32k miles and engine replaced.

Was wondering if I'd be able to get them to extend the warranty on it.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:38 PM   #7
Maniature

Drives: Camaro 2010 1LT
108000 miles no issues
Old 02-11-2015, 10:59 PM   #8
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
This concept leaves me terrified. My warrenty is up cause I have a 2011 with 28.5k on it. People keep talking about the front seal and thus far (bought it used with 14k) no issues. Scary though.
omgitsmiketuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:11 AM   #9
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Got a new long block because I spun a main bearing out of nowhere and I was missing 4 quarts of oil that I had checked the week prior, no leaks nothing.

But im the second owner and the first was a car rental place..... So Im not surprised. My replacement engine has been a champ, Ive put 12k on it since last year when it happened. I change the oil with fully synthetic every 3k. Been running Mobil1 but will be changing brands soon.

It honestly feels like a brand new car still. Much more power than the original engine with 30k on it when I bought it with almost the same mods. Look at it this way. You just scored BIG TIME. We have brand new engines now except the accessories attached to it and we reused our intake manifolds, throttle body etc. But all the main bits are brand new. So I have a 12k mile engine in a 52k mile car.

Dont baby the new engine, but dont murder it off the line either. Let it get up to operating temp first before beating on it, change her oil often and she should last you a long time.

P.S Check the oil levels and fluids very carefully for the first 3k miles every few hundred miles or so just to be safe. Also for me, the steering was wicked tight for the first 100 miles after the new engine.

Last edited by Gee; 02-12-2015 at 07:39 AM.
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:46 AM   #10
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
I'm at 72,000 miles and no catastrophic failures, but the oil consumption is a royal pain. Seems to be a love hate relationship, love the car, but curse the oil problem.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:12 AM   #11
scuba264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Got a new long block because I spun a main bearing out of nowhere and I was missing 4 quarts of oil that I had checked the week prior, no leaks nothing.

But im the second owner and the first was a car rental place..... So Im not surprised. My replacement engine has been a champ, Ive put 12k on it since last year when it happened. I change the oil with fully synthetic every 3k. Been running Mobil1 but will be changing brands soon.

It honestly feels like a brand new car still. Much more power than the original engine with 30k on it when I bought it with almost the same mods. Look at it this way. You just scored BIG TIME. We have brand new engines now except the accessories attached to it and we reused our intake manifolds, throttle body etc. But all the main bits are brand new. So I have a 12k mile engine in a 52k mile car.

Dont baby the new engine, but dont murder it off the line either. Let it get up to operating temp first before beating on it, change her oil often and she should last you a long time.

P.S Check the oil levels and fluids very carefully for the first 3k miles every few hundred miles or so just to be safe. Also for me, the steering was wicked tight for the first 100 miles after the new engine.
I try to take that optimistic route. I was out of my car for 2 freakin months, but I figure if you told me "when you hit 32k, we'll pay for a rental and drop in a new engine" I guess that would be something I would have been ok with. Kinda resetting the clock.

But its sketchy, thats a big deal. This isn't a bum wiper blade motor. Major work. But I think I've still got a year on my original 5 year 100,000 mile warranty so if there are any problem related to install then they've got to show up by then.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:28 AM   #12
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
What kind of trans?
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:24 AM   #13
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatiaJockey View Post
I'm at 72,000 miles and no catastrophic failures, but the oil consumption is a royal pain. Seems to be a love hate relationship, love the car, but curse the oil problem.

I guess I have been really lucky. Ruby has never burned a bit of oil between oil changes. Only oil missing is the amount I catch in my catch can.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:36 AM   #14
scuba264

Mine is 2011, end of 2013 I noticed an oil leak, seems same front seal thing others had but then had repairs for the spun cam bearing.

Then when I went in this past Dec with engine knock they told me I was a quart low. Then the next day is when my debacle started that turned out to be a spun bearing again and the full engine replacement.