Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 02-19-2020, 02:59 AM   #1
StangNoMo

Drives: 2005 Mustang GT, 2014 Silverado LT
Hey all! Newb from Erie, PA here

Looking forward to learning all I can. I've begun a financial plan to be debt free other than my house lol, by fall of next year. Gonna bank cash over winter and pick up a Camaro in 2022. I currently have an 05 Mustang GT 5spd.

So far I'm either thinking, 2SS....2SS 1LE....or outside chance of a ZL1. It's gonna be a weekend toy, not a daily. I also don't plan to ever track it in any way so the 1LE option would likely be pointless.

Last edited by StangNoMo; 02-19-2020 at 04:01 AM.
StangNoMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 05:32 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 02-19-2020, 08:59 AM   #3
StangNoMo

That was probably the most unique welcome post I've gotten on any forum, ever lol.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:08 AM   #4
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Hello and welcome!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 06:30 PM   #5
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Old 02-20-2020, 03:31 AM   #6
StangNoMo

I dunno if it's wise or not to jump into knowledge and such of a car I won't own for another two years but, so far it's alot of fun to learn about.
Old 02-20-2020, 06:33 AM   #7
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangNoMo View Post
I dunno if it's wise or not to jump into knowledge and such of a car I won't own for another two years but, so far it's alot of fun to learn about.
First and foremost; "Welcome to the Forum". My thinking is "knowledge" gives you the buying power that many never realize. I actually started looking and dreaming of owning my first Camaro in 2011. Summer of 2015 I had decided on what I wanted and was armed with the knowledge of all the various packages. I wanted an ashen gray 2014 convertible, that was the dream. I can't begin to tell you how many I looked at either live or on line before I found the one I knew was for me. I found her in Dayton, Ohio on Thursday April 6, 2017. One owner with just a few miles over 4,000. Car was a special order with every option and the price was lower than expected?

Made contact with the owner on the evening of April 6th and really got to know him and why he was selling the car (didn't have to other than he needed room in his massive garage for more toys). On Thursday April 13, 2017 I caught a one way flight to Dayton. The rest is history without a single regret.

Closing in on 3 years and 8 oil changes I admire and enjoy the ride as much as day one. Just turned 33,140 miles.

Remember; "the only stupid question is the one you don't ask"

Best of wishes.
Larry
Old 02-20-2020, 03:43 PM   #8
harner

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Erie is a fine town. I frequent the Courtyard and Westin Bayfront by the convention center for work from time to time. Welcome aboard. I always do a year or two of research prior to buying a car. The knowledge you gain on the platform from others is invaluable.
1994 Trans Am LM7/CPT 4L60E/9"
1987 IROC
2006 Silverado
harner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:27 PM   #9
Lorne

Drives: 2019 SS1LE
Welcome,similar situation here,

Our son got married last September and gave him our 07 Mustang gt as a wedding present.

Bought a 19 SS 1LE in January but is in winter storage,great info here from great members,not sure I could be as patient and wait as long as you plan to.
Lorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 01:51 AM   #10
StangNoMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
Welcome,similar situation here,

Our son got married last September and gave him our 07 Mustang gt as a wedding present.

Bought a 19 SS 1LE in January but is in winter storage,great info here from great members,not sure I could be as patient and wait as long as you plan to.
Do you track it? I like the idea of the 1LE package for the brakes and such but I don't want an increasingly stiff ride. I currently have 1.5" drop a springs on my mustang and I love the feel. I hate that it doesn't have the 3.73 rear though. It's a great car but not loving it enough to keep it semi-forever.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:52 AM   #11
StangNoMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by harner View Post
Erie is a fine town. I frequent the Courtyard and Westin Bayfront by the convention center for work from time to time. Welcome aboard. I always do a year or two of research prior to buying a car. The knowledge you gain on the platform from others is invaluable.
Cool man, what kind of business do you do, that you come to Erie that often?
Old 02-22-2020, 08:58 AM   #12
Lorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangNoMo View Post
Do you track it? I like the idea of the 1LE package for the brakes and such but I don't want an increasingly stiff ride. I currently have 1.5" drop a springs on my mustang and I love the feel. I hate that it doesn't have the 3.73 rear though. It's a great car but not loving it enough to keep it semi-forever.

Not sure if I will track it or not, like I said it was taken from the dealer to storage, I have not sat in it.

I didn’t do any research on this 1LE package, honestly thought I was buying a 1SS to replace my 2012 that was stolen.

Now that I have joined this forum I am both excited and yet hopeful it was a good purchase when it comes to what I will use it for
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2020, 09:16 AM   #13
Lorne

Last August when it arrived, I was aware of the ZL1 package but never was up on the 1LE as I said

I looked at this one as well, the colour was a dealbreaker and I don’t like the rear spoiler,I changed the GT spoiler to a Shelby one.

I now know what I have, fingers crossed lol.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2020, 09:31 AM   #14
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Welcome, I decided I was going to buy a Camaro again in 2010. Completed the plan in 2017.

Then in 2017 I decided I was going to bolt on some power, 3 years later still planning. I always enjoy the hunt, the research and the planning.