Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-23-2017, 01:43 PM   #29
BadSport340

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS, 1973 Dart Sport 340
Eh, they probably won't be worth crazy money but there will definitely be a market for these cars many years from now. It wouldn't surprise me if the V6's were desirable due to boosted potential and their decent fuel economy. You don't have to V8 swap them to get them to run quick. SS's will always be desirable because they're V8's. Z/28's, ZL1's, and 1LE's will be desirable because of their low production numbers and high performance.

I don't think 2010's will necessarily be worth more than 2014's just like how a '67 isn't necessarily worth more than a '69. Updated interiors and a face lift might not appeal to 2010-2011 owners now, but it could very well appeal to somebody 50 years from now.
BadSport340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:50 PM   #30
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Nostalgia plays a huge role in collector cars, without a doubt. It is the emotion the car stirs that opens the wallet. Rarity is also huge factor, and yes, the cars mentioned were indeed mass produced at the time. However, in the collector world, how many of those are left that are either survivor, or restorable to at least a reasonable factory example? When playing on the nostalgia emotion, the big money comes from these cars that look like they did on the showroom floor, when the buyer was either too young or too poor to buy one and had the poster of it on their wall.

As time marches on, every year we will see fewer and fewer "unmolested" 5th Gen Camaros. Just read around this forum, how many of the Camaros on here still sport all their factory, or at least OEM replacement parts or components? Now think of every year, someone buys one of these "stock" cars, and proceeds to modify it. Now think 50 years from now. In 50 years, a factory stock 5th Gen SS in decent shape is going to be hard to find, possibly even more difficult to find than a '67 is today, considering the specialization of parts and electronics in todays cars.
Much the same way that an all original, 4th gen ls1 Camaro is hard to find even now!

Its still hard to predict how much of an impact a car will have in becoming a classic. Remember how Novas and Darts came a dime a dozen, regardless of trim. Look at some Nova models now......!!!!

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:00 PM   #31
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
FU ...YOB '47
LOL ...surprised it took this long for a response. No harm intended...just messing around.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:40 PM   #32
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSport340 View Post
Eh, they probably won't be worth crazy money but there will definitely be a market for these cars many years from now. It wouldn't surprise me if the V6's were desirable due to boosted potential and their decent fuel economy. You don't have to V8 swap them to get them to run quick. SS's will always be desirable because they're V8's. Z/28's, ZL1's, and 1LE's will be desirable because of their low production numbers and high performance.

I don't think 2010's will necessarily be worth more than 2014's just like how a '67 isn't necessarily worth more than a '69. Updated interiors and a face lift might not appeal to 2010-2011 owners now, but it could very well appeal to somebody 50 years from now.
Took my LS3 for an emission test this morning. Pulled it in to the lane, turned it off and the clerk directed my son and I to an enclosed booth while he ran the test. Totally stock. He sparked it up and the booth was shaking.
Everyone in the place turned to look.

He ran the tests, got out of the car with a big smile on his face. Told me I passed.

You will never get that sound with a V6.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:11 PM   #33
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
Took my LS3 for an emission test this morning. Pulled it in to the lane, turned it off and the clerk directed my son and I to an enclosed booth while he ran the test. Totally stock. He sparked it up and the booth was shaking.

He ran the tests, got out of the car with a big smile on his face. Told me I passed.

True, but you will never get that glorious exotic high reving Ferrari type sound from a pushrod V8.

50 years from now when the car shows are filled with the same endless LS3 equipped 5th gen Camaros, it will be that one original V6 that will garner the most attention from the crowd. Just like it is now for any fully restored/mint original 1st or 2nd gen F-body with the base inline 6 cyl.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:51 PM   #34
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
True, but you will never get that glorious exotic high reving Ferrari type sound from a pushrod V8.

50 years from now when the car shows are filled with the same endless LS3 equipped 5th gen Camaros, it will be that one original V6 that will garner the most attention from the crowd. Just like it is now for any fully restored/mint original 1st or 2nd gen F-body with the base inline 6 cyl.
Say what now
Old 01-23-2017, 03:58 PM   #35
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
in 30 years, when alternative energy cars are the only cars, our well-maintained and very good to excellent exterior condition fifth gens will all be collectible.

And the V8s - ZL1, Z28, and even the SS will be the big sellers at Barrett-Jackson!

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:30 PM   #36
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
LOL ...surprised it took this long for a response. No harm intended...just messing around.
Absolutly no offense taken. Didn't take it seriously. Just an ole muscle car driver fun'n around
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:08 PM   #37
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
All 5th gen Convertibles will also be collectible, in addition to the 2SS's & up.

69 SS said, "We bought a 15 because Chevrolet redesigned the tail lights and they look like the rear of our 69 SS."

69 tail lights didn't wrap around, like 14 & 15s, why wrap around and have a side marker light? Goofy. Also many 40 yr olds + remember Camaro with circle tail lights in the 2nd gens. Chevy wanted to capture them too as buying audience.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:10 PM   #38
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
There will always be a market for a classic looking v8 Camaro ss. Not big bucks but there will always be a market.
Always
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:29 AM   #39
BadSport340

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13LTLoveIt View Post
All 5th gen Convertibles will also be collectible, in addition to the 2SS's & up.

69 SS said, "We bought a 15 because Chevrolet redesigned the tail lights and they look like the rear of our 69 SS."

69 tail lights didn't wrap around, like 14 & 15s, why wrap around and have a side marker light? Goofy. Also many 40 yr olds + remember Camaro with circle tail lights in the 2nd gens. Chevy wanted to capture them too as buying audience.

The 5th gen has hips so wide that even though the tail lights kind of wrap around, it doesn't look like it from the rear.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:13 AM   #40
BadSport340

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post

So what? That doesn't mean a V6 can't sound nice too. I'm with gringo on this one. A V6 Camaro will sound more exotic than a pushrod V8 Camaro. Many of us here love the sound of an LLT or LFX with a nice exhaust.

It's all relative though. My V6 doesn't sound as rumbly as your stock LS3 just like your stock LS3 doesn't sound as rumbly as my built 340. All engines sound different and what's "best" just comes down to personal preference.

There are people out there that like the sound of 6 cylinders lighting of at 7,000+ RPM. When these cars are classics, a lot of people will go for the V6.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:26 AM   #41
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSport340 View Post
So what? That doesn't mean a V6 can't sound nice too. I'm with gringo on this one. A V6 Camaro will sound more exotic than a pushrod V8 Camaro. Many of us here love the sound of an LLT or LFX with a nice exhaust.

It's all relative though. My V6 doesn't sound as rumbly as your stock LS3 just like your stock LS3 doesn't sound as rumbly as my built 340. All engines sound different and what's "best" just comes down to personal preference.

There are people out there that like the sound of 6 cylinders lighting of at 7,000+ RPM. When these cars are classics, a lot of people will go for the V6.
I really dont know how people can say the gm v6 can sound exotic. Sorry but i totally disagree. The v6 is a good car. But from all v6s ive heard myself that have exhaust.....exotic is not the word that comes to mind. Sure to some it sounds fine i get that. As far as alot of people going for a v6 as a collector.......well we will have to see.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:14 AM   #42
frenchsquared

Drives: 15 Z28, 01 Corvette, 96 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I really dont know how people can say the gm v6 can sound exotic. Sorry but i totally disagree. The v6 is a good car. But from all v6s ive heard myself that have exhaust.....exotic is not the word that comes to mind. Sure to some it sounds fine i get that. As far as alot of people going for a v6 as a collector.......well we will have to see.
I could never own a V6 in a car offered with a V8. I don't like being the kid brother of a real car. That said I love you all for buying them. They are great cars... buy lots of them. Everyone needs to buy at least one. The sales from them fund my car. If I am worried about gas milage I will buy a Toyota.
frenchsquared is offline   Reply With Quote