Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #15
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersoul84 View Post
I had a state trooper pull me over in the 7-11 parking lot just because he wanted to see the interior of my car. I also came out of the grocery store once to find a guy standing next to his car a few spaces away from me. He made sure to tell me he wasn't rapist/murderer, he was just admiring my car. That one was weird.
I had a guy do that. Leaving the pool store I had the top down and I was loading he came over and said Sony worry I won't hurt you (he was like 5 ft tall I wasn't scared at all) do you mind if I take a look at your car. He never had a chance to see one so close. I didn't mind and we chatted for a few mins

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #16
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Nothing that unusual... yet! I did, however, have my wife's oral surgeon today talk to me about how much he loved my car right after she got her wisdom teeth pulled! She was still in the chair recovering from the anesthesia, and my car was parked alone right outside the window. Then the doc looked out the window and said, "Is that your Camaro?". Meanwhile, my wife is in full-on loopy mode while the doc and I talked about my car for a good while! Pretty funny... I love how much attention my car gets.
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #17
xkloid
ITZ COOL

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS
Heh, yeah thats happened about 5 times now, I find it strange as I never owned a car that made anyone look twice, except for maybe to get a chuckle because it was such a beater. Had two rednecks in a pickup hoopin and hollerin, complete with a dixie flag on the back winder and a few front teeth missin, "Thats a sweet ride yah got there, wooo doggieeeee"
Old 10-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #18
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroWinz View Post
When I had my Charger I once had some strange woman break into my house and crawl into my bed in the middle of the night to tell me how much she liked my car.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #19
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
I had a guy yesterday ask me if my 1994 Camaro was the WS6 model.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #20
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
I was dropping my wife off at the airport yesterday and as she was starting to walk away we had a TSA agent yell out "stop, you can't can't go anywhere" from across the drive lane. My wife stopped and he said "no, not you, him" an points at me. He runs across and tells me he just wants to check out my car. We proceed to have a several minute conversation while he's asking me all types of questions. My wife said he saw her inside and apologized but he had to see my car! I thought it was pretty cool!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #21
woodj

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT Vert
We go to the same restaurant for our once a month club meetings and we all park in the same area, backed in, at an angle. Nine total last night and I can see the cars out the window of the restaurant. I don't know how many people stopped and took out their cell phones to take a picture of all our cars lined up but it was quite a few. Nice to see that people appreciate a good looking car.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #22
RagTopBee

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS 'vert
A couple of months ago I had gotten off the freeway to avoid an accident and was sitting at a stoplight that had just turned red. It was a beautiful sunny day, so naturally I had the top down. Out of nowhere I hear "Don't suppose you'd be willing to trade?" from behind me on the passenger side. When I turned to look, the guy was leaning out the window of a city bus! I burst out laughing. We chatted for bit until the light changed. He said he'd wanted a Camaro since the new ones came out but hadn't gotten to see the inside of one yet. Told me it was one sweet ride to which I replied, "Yes it is!"
Old 10-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #23
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
The weirdest was a guy who pulled up, honked at me and asked me ever so nicely "can I please have your car?"
I rolled my eyes and drove away.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #24
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagTopBee View Post
A couple of months ago I had gotten off the freeway to avoid an accident and was sitting at a stoplight that had just turned red. It was a beautiful sunny day, so naturally I had the top down. Out of nowhere I hear "Don't suppose you'd be willing to trade?" from behind me on the passenger side. When I turned to look, the guy was leaning out the window of a city bus! I burst out laughing. We chatted for bit until the light changed. He said he'd wanted a Camaro since the new ones came out but hadn't gotten to see the inside of one yet. Told me it was one sweet ride to which I replied, "Yes it is!"
Damn, a city bus... must have been a hard decision
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #25
RagTopBee

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS 'vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo64 View Post
Damn, a city bus... must have been a hard decision
Old 10-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #26
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
I get a "nice car" all the time.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #27
SSaltlife

Drives: '17 2SS Convertible 6M
I was sitting in the parking lot today at the grocery store and I looked up to see a woman in a MUSTANG giving me the thumbs up and smiling. That was cool.
SSaltlife is offline   Reply With Quote