Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #43
woodj

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT Vert
I've owned 4 of the new gen Mustangs. This is my current one.
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #44
HMX-1

Drives: 2012 2SS Bumblebee
I can admit I have owned a few Ponies...a '67 289 and a'68 289 HiPo. Very cool cars and the hipo was stupid fast for a small block. I was eagerly awaiting the new body style Mustang when it came out.

Then they revealed the '10 Camaro and it was allll over for me! I had to have one! No regrets here!

Stock on stock at the drag strip has shown that it comes down to the driver. With mods it could be anyone's race.

I'm having fun.....are you!!??
K&N Cold Air Intake
X pipe & resonator delete
pulled the 2nd set of cats

...makes me grin every time I see it!
Old 11-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #45
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Uhhh...not really. It was a Chevy vs. Ford comment in general. Not everybody will like the same things. The world would be pretty boring if all 7 billion people liked white Camaros, enjoyed golfing and bought striped socks at Hollister.
a lot of sheep would disagree with you.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #46
rez333

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsfirstSS View Post
Really because we have all seen the ZL1 run better times at the track during testing by numerous auto mags including motor trend and car and driver
Sorry but you're wrong.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...all.html?ti=v2

Can't stand it when fanboyism causes hallucinations. I can't figure out how people can read a magazine, see the slower track time and then conclude that the ZL1 was faster. The only explanation I can think of is they heard from so-and-so that the ZL1 was the preferred choice in XYZ magazine and just assumed that the ZL1 was faster and decided it was his duty to pass on misinformation without first checking facts, to earn another badge in Fanboy Scouts.

The ZL1 is definitely the preferred track car, but it didn't win because of its lap time.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #47
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Talked to a former co-worker this morning that I hadn't seen in a couple of years. Asked him how he liked his 2007 Mustang GT he bought new. He said he likes the car a lot but had a few problems in the beginning that were covered under warranty.

I asked him if he has a hatred towards the Camaro like many Mustang owners seem to have. His response was priceless....he is pissed off because he likes the new Camaro's more than the Mustang he bought and wished he would have waited to buy a Camaro. He said he thinks that is the feeling of many Mustang owners and it comes down to anger from jealousy. Reminds me of the commercial "Oops I should have had a V8."

I have often wondered how many Mustang owners that wished they wouldn't have bought a Mustang after seeing the new Camaro.

Russ

of course he would rather have a newer car now. His car is 5 years old!

Anger and jealousy...well, read along and you will realize that are just as many haters of Mustangs here. Would you it's Anger and Jealousy and we wish we'd rather have a Mustang? It's character, not the car, that makes people who they are.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #48
C5RocksC5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rez333 View Post
Sorry but you're wrong.

Can't stand it when fanboyism causes hallucinations. The ZL1 is definitely the preferred track car, but it didn't win because of its lap time.
oh damn. someone got pawned.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #49
mountsalami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS 6M
I have never looked at it as Mustang vs Camaro.
Mustang is Ford's "fast car", Chevy's is the Corvette.
Mustang's are garbage.

Let's not forget that Chevy has IT'S OWN PERFORMANCE DIVISION and Ford likes to sub to Rousch.

Not even a comparison in my eyes.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #50
mattsfirstSS

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Sorry but you're wrong.

Can't stand it when fanboyism causes hallucinations. I can't figure out how people can read a magazine, see the slower track time and then conclude that the ZL1 was faster. The only explanation I can think of is they heard from so-and-so that the ZL1 was the preferred choice in XYZ magazine and just assumed that the ZL1 was faster and decided it was his duty to pass on misinformation without first checking facts, to earn another badge in Fanboy Scouts.

The ZL1 is definitely the preferred track car, but it didn't win because of its lap time.
Maybe you just can't read. The zl1 did run a better time I didn't say every time. If you watch the video they say it was back and forth at the track like 12 times. They all choose the zl1 4-0 stating after lap one the 500 gets a lot slower. Most races are more than one lap so try again...
Old 11-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #51
rez333

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5RocksC5 View Post
oh damn. someone got pawned.
The problem is when people have dick measuring mentality. The ZL1 is an awesome track car - it doesn't have to be the fastest. The Porsche 911s was the 5th fastest in the 2012 Motortrend best driver's car, and yet it was the unanimous winner of Best driver's car.

People like to (rightfully) go on about the ZL1's track prowess, but it's not because it's faster - it's because it's a better driver's car.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #52
C5RocksC5
Banned

Quote:
The problem is when people have dick measuring mentality. The ZL1 is an awesome track car - it doesn't have to be the fastest. The Porsche 911s was the 5th fastest in the 2012 Motortrend best driver's car, and yet it was the unanimous winner of Best driver's car.

People like to (rightfully) go on about the ZL1's track prowess, but it's not because it's faster - it's because it's a better driver's car.
i totally agree with you but you know how it is around here.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #53
mattsfirstSS

Quote:

I never said it was faster I said it ran a better track time it wasn't a case of being wrong or getting pawned (whatever that is) it's a case of someone reading at 4th grade level and making assumptions
Old 11-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #54
rez333

Quote:
Most races are more than one lap so try again...
Most people who track also change to dot4 brake fluid and track pads, so try again.

The only reason the GT500 kept getting slower because the brakes were cooked. The brakes cooked because they weren't race prepped.

Check this out 2013 GT500 vs ZL1:

20 minutes on the track - do you see any brake fade?
Old 11-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #55
C5RocksC5
Banned

Quote:
Maybe you just can't read. The zl1 did run a better time I didn't say every time. If you watch the video they say it was back and forth at the track like 12 times. They all choose the zl1 4-0 stating after lap one the 500 gets a lot slower. Most races are more than one lap so try again...
you without a ZL1 arguing with Rez who has one. So you think you know more about his car...
Go read up on heat soak issues.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #56
mattsfirstSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5RocksC5 View Post
you without a ZL1 arguing with Rez who has one. So you think you know more about his car...
Go read up on heat soak issues.
Just because someone owns a car doesn't mean they know shit about it. Are you for real here? Most people don't know how to change their oil.

Closed Thread