Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-31-2009, 08:20 AM   #365
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Codeman, my dealer said they had to replace the PDIM because it would not update.
Have you heard of this? Sounds like they can't update it, so their solution is to order a new one with a new software version. I really don't care as long as I get it updated, but
it seems that they should be able to do the update.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #366
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
Did you give that 800-number a call I sent earlier? If so and you have a case number from them, I can escalate the issue for you. If you haven't called that number, give it a try and see if they're able to help you out. You should not have to go through this and we need to make it right for you.
appreciate it. I haven't called it, but I did e-mail all that info to the service manager. I thought he may call. I will try and call tomorrow. What are the hours? I work nights and usually sleep till 2-3PM. Tomorrow I have district court after work so I'll be home a bit later & sleep later.

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php
broncosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #367
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
I finally got my PDIM accessory working but I don't know if I'm having an issue with the Bluetooth streaming or not.

I was able to pair my phone to the PDIM but once it's paired, all the radio display does is show my phone's name.

I have music on my phone but I don't know how to access it via the radio buttons/menu. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

HW ID: CC
SW ID: CE
Phone: LG Env2
Old 11-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #368
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
I finally got my PDIM accessory working but I don't know if I'm having an issue with the Bluetooth streaming or not.

I was able to pair my phone to the PDIM but once it's paired, all the radio display does is show my phone's name.

I have music on my phone but I don't know how to access it via the radio buttons/menu. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

You have to play it on the phone. You cannot control it via the radio when using bluetooth. The bluetooth/A2DP spec doesn't have that capability.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:38 PM   #369
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
You have to play it on the phone. You cannot control it via the radio when using bluetooth. The bluetooth/A2DP spec doesn't have that capability.
OK cool. I'll try that out

Thanks
Old 11-03-2009, 06:39 AM   #370
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post

Thanks

UCF's right, you can't browse your music from the radio controls. You can, however, skip tracks forward and back (and maybe FF, REW) using either the seek controls on the radio or the steering wheel controls. So you could load up a playlist using the phone and then skip through it with the radio controls.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #371
Foc-Dog
Pickedup Charlene on 9/18

Drives: '00 Ford Focus, '10 2LT/RS BLK
Quote:
Yes we are aware and know this is an issue. The software team is working to try to fix it. It is strange that some people have no problem with their Zune playlists and others do. Wonder if it's at all related to the 2500 song limit. Do you have more songs than that?
No, but my problem may be due to the fact that I have a 1st gen Zune.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #372
k0jdd

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro / Colorado
PDIM update and Murphy's law...

I took my car in yesterday at 5pm to have the software for the PDIM interface updated.
Went fine but it was very slow.

They also had a bulletin for the HVAC module so they decided to update that too. Hello Murphy.

In the middle of the HVAC upgrade the TIS computer froze (Windoze…) and bad things happened. Instant electronic lobotomy. Codes and alarms abounded. Vehicle would not even start.

Poor tech (not his fault) worked it until 1:30am. New shift started on it today at 7:00am with lots of help from GM Engineering.

If I am deciphering the invoice correctly, by the time they were done they had reset, recalibrated, or reflashed:
BCM (thrice)
EBCM
HVAC
Passenger seat presence module
Multi axis acceleration module
Yaw rate sensor
Brake pedal position sensor
ECM
Steering wheel angle sensor
Driver and passenger window indexing
Tire pressure relearn

Oh yea, and the PDIM
Labor hours = 14 (warranty)
Vehicle released at 2:20pm

I got the day off and I still love this car!!!!!

And yes, the iPOD works fine
Traded- 2014 2LT V6 Automatic / Red Hot w/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / Sunroof
VIN 2G1FC1E31E9202653
Traded - 2010 2LT V6 Manual / Victory Red/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / R6P
VIN 2G1FG1EV3A9112601
Sold - 1999 2LT V6 Automatic / Victory Red/Black Leather / 19" Polished Wheels / T-Tops
VIN {Still Searching for it...}

Last edited by k0jdd; 11-06-2009 at 08:37 PM.
k0jdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #373
billw501

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by billw501 View Post
Well, two days and they still couldn't update to CE. They didn't even know how to check. I will test with a thumb drive to see if the car switches to USB from any other source and go from there.

What I'm being told is an older iPod that isn't supported will cause the system to change to USB on start up and if you don't have your iPhone in airplane mode before you crank up it will cause the system to change to USB on start up.
Quote:
Man that's frustrating! I'm so sorry that you're being given the run around on your vehicle. It makes absolutely no difference the type of iPod you're using or airplane more or anything. It's a bug in the software that needs to be updated in your vehicle. Please give this number a call and let them know about the trouble you are having: 1-800-508-3060. If you still have trouble after calling this number, let me know and I'll get it escalated within.

Sorry to hear about your trouble, but hopefully we can get this fixed for you soon!
Codeman71. Took your advice and called the 800 number. A case number was opened up and a customer assistance center rep called me. She told me she would have to contact an engineer about my case. That was this past Monday. She called me today and informed me she talked to an engineer from the southeast region that the dealerships use. The engineer told her that there was NO SUCH THING AS A PDIM UPGRADE! I was initially upset and had a few choice words, but apologized because I know it was not her fault, but now I am at a loss as to what I can do from here. I can't seem to convince anyone from the dealer to the customer assistance that this is a problem that is fixable with the right software. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks....
billw501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #374
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Codeman71. Took your advice and called the 800 number. A case number was opened up and a customer assistance center rep called me. She told me she would have to contact an engineer about my case. That was this past Monday. She called me today and informed me she talked to an engineer from the southeast region that the dealerships use. The engineer told her that there was NO SUCH THING AS A PDIM UPGRADE! I was initially upset and had a few choice words, but apologized because I know it was not her fault, but now I am at a loss as to what I can do from here. I can't seem to convince anyone from the dealer to the customer assistance that this is a problem that is fixable with the right software. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks....
Maybe the problem is in the wording? I would call them back and clarify that what you're looking for is a software update. To them an "upgrade" probably implies new hardware with new features.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:31 PM   #375
billw501

Quote:
Maybe the problem is in the wording? I would call them back and clarify that what you're looking for is a software update. To them an "upgrade" probably implies new hardware with new features.
Thanks, but I explained to them in detail that the PDIM needed newer software to take it from SW version CC to SW version CE.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #376
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Thanks, but I explained to them in detail that the PDIM needed newer software to take it from SW version CC to SW version CE.
Hopefully codeman can make something happen from his end.

I'm scared for when the Volt comes out. With as much as that thing relies on software, it will surely need updates. GM is going to need to do a LOT of training and a lot better job at communicating things than they have with this stuff.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #377
billw501

Quote:
Hopefully codeman can make something happen from his end.

I'm scared for when the Volt comes out. With as much as that thing relies on software, it will surely need updates. GM is going to need to do a LOT of training and a lot better job at communicating things than they have with this stuff.
I agree..
Old 11-07-2009, 01:07 PM   #378
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0jdd View Post
I took my car in yesterday at 5pm to have the software for the PDIM interface updated.
Went fine but it was very slow.

They also had a bulletin for the HVAC module so they decided to update that too. Hello Murphy.

In the middle of the HVAC upgrade the TIS computer froze (Windoze…) and bad things happened. Instant electronic lobotomy. Codes and alarms abounded. Vehicle would not even start.

Poor tech (not his fault) worked it until 1:30am. New shift started on it today at 7:00am with lots of help from GM Engineering.

If I am deciphering the invoice correctly, by the time they were done they had reset, recalibrated, or reflashed:
BCM (thrice)
EBCM
HVAC
Passenger seat presence module
Multi axis acceleration module
Yaw rate sensor
Brake pedal position sensor
ECM
Steering wheel angle sensor
Driver and passenger window indexing
Tire pressure relearn

Oh yea, and the PDIM
Labor hours = 14 (warranty)
Vehicle released at 2:20pm

I got the day off and I still love this car!!!!!

And yes, the iPOD works fine
Wow, sounds like a triple bypass gone wrong :( sorry to hear that. At least EVERYTHING is up to date now

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php
broncosman is offline   Reply With Quote