Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #6735
FosterSS
Guardians Of The Night

Drives: '13 ZL1 CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
First let me that you for your service!
Second, everyone is welcome to stop in and talk about LPE!
Third, LPE builds cars that last, with anyone of their packages I would not hesitate to take off on a cross country trip or put 50 miles a day on it. That is the beauty of Lingenfelter, they do it right! I can assure you there are more than a few daily drivers that have graced the LPE shop.
Call Ryan or Kevin and they will set you up with the perfect package. As far as discounts, you would have to ask them.

I appreciate it! So how would LPE compare to others like Hennessey and Callaway? Im sure the packages and prices run about the same, but is there any comparison at all or just personal preference?
FosterSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #6736
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by FosterSS View Post
I appreciate it! So how would LPE compare to others like Hennessey and Callaway? Im sure the packages and prices run about the same, but is there any comparison at all or just personal preference?
I was origionally going with Callaway, checked out Hennessey, and SLP. LPE goes further performance wise than Callaway and has the 3/36 warranty, Callaway doesn't want anything changed a bit- or no warranty (but great group of people - spent alot of time at SEMA with them) I heard of way more satisfied customers with LPE vs a few griping ones with Hennessey. SLP sorta fell into the Callaway "safe build" scenario - just installing Heavy Duty CV shafts at my expense was going to void the entire drivetrain warranty.... that ended my SLP ZL575 order. Chris Chessnoe with Callaway is great to work with, but again, it's more of a toned down too "safe" package. Their carbon fiber ground effects are awesome, but at the time not available, then a $20k additional price tag (just imagine hitting a curb!). Callaway leans towards a classy look, Lingenfelter does the bigger builds and internals too. A the Camaro5 fests Lingenfelter is always there supporting everyone, actually racing at the track and encourages LPE owners to participate - not so for the other 3 mentioned. LPE car owners and staff as you can see by this thread are great group.
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood

Last edited by Blue70SS; 12-01-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #6737
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Cool, new members of the Brotherhood!!
Welcome aboard!

One thing you will notice with LPE over the rest: They actually care, and will do about anything to make sure it is right from day one. If you want to tweak a package, just call them and they will make it happen. The other shops won't even entertain the thought.
They have been known to fly out a tech to fix an issue, overnighting parts at their expense whatever it takes, they make it right.
Once you get to know the guys up there, you will find them to be gearheads that love doing what they do....A great group!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #6738
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Welcome to all the new people. You don't need to be a customer to post here..

We just kinda started an online chat session out of this thread a long time ago. It's filled with a good week's worth of reading. The common thing is - all of us are happy LPE customers because Lingenfelter takes care of us. The one thing they (LPE) have never done is ignore any of their customers, and strive for perfection in everything that they do.

Good products are only as good as the service behind them. Nothing is perfect in the world. LPE tries really hard to make their packages reliable and trouble free, and will stand behind their work.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #6739
Hoverman

Drives: 2010 2ss
Marcus521 where are you from??
Pfadt adj coilovers,Pfadt trailing arms,
Pfadt Dif Bushings, Pfadt rear tie rods
Hotchiss Cassis Brace, LPE 3.91 gears
MGW shifter,Billetprototypes Catch Can
LPE Pedals, LPE Sway bar links
LPE custom ralley stripes, Paint upgrade and 4 coats of clear
Lingengelter Embroidered Headrest
Foose wheels, LPE Brake calipers with slotted rotors
Hotchiss/LPE Strut Brace,
Hoverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:29 PM   #6740
barrylnv

Drives: 2010 2SS IMB LS3/M6
Quote:
What sold me was when I called them and discussed their 650 HP strategy against those of others. I really liked the approach. But what also really got me was Jeff spent 40 minutes on the phone talking to me about the package and some of the interesting points about building forced induction engines, which at the time were totally new to me. There was, and never has been, any pressure at all. They spend time educating, answering, etc. and I found that invaluable and has built a trusting relationship.

I flew back there to watch dyno tuning on my car. My brother and I toured the shop. I brought by dad back to do the same (they are local).

One thing I will never forget that Jeff told me - they treat each customer like it is the experience of a lifetime for that customer. He nailed it. I had worked and saved through college and then jobs and then into my own company, waiting 16 years to finally get what I promised myself I'd do when I started - a smoking hot Camaro. My experience with LPE was fantastic. They certainly made it special for me.

BTW, Jeff is awesome. I have not dealt with Ryan or Tim or anybody else in great length (but Graham is one funny dude), but I hear nothing but positive things about all of them so I'm sure whoever answers the phone will make you more than happy.
ZR1 Clutch / LPE Flywheel
LPE IBM Coil Covers
Thorley Shorty Headers
Borla 140280 Cat-back
ADM Boost Gauge
MTI Shifter
Hotchkis Sway Bars
LPE Floor Mats
SRP Heel-Toe Pedals
barrylnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:34 PM   #6741
barrylnv

Drives: 2010 2SS IMB LS3/M6
Also, Pete at Pedders is the same way. He will answer any questions for you, teach you, help you, etc. whether or not you buy his parts. He's a gear head like everybody at LPE, they do this because they love it. Pete has quickly and thoroughly answered many questions for me since I took up road racing last year and I have yet to put Pedders parts on my car. Not that I won't or have put others ... just only so much time on my hands right now and I wanted to learn how to properly drive my car as is and get all I can out of that and then start modding. But next year Pete will be getting some biz out of me ;-)
ZR1 Clutch / LPE Flywheel
LPE IBM Coil Covers
Thorley Shorty Headers
Borla 140280 Cat-back
ADM Boost Gauge
MTI Shifter
Hotchkis Sway Bars
LPE Floor Mats
SRP Heel-Toe Pedals
barrylnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:31 AM   #6742
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrylnv View Post
Also, Pete at Pedders is the same way. He will answer any questions for you, teach you, help you, etc. whether or not you buy his parts. He's a gear head like everybody at LPE, they do this because they love it. Pete has quickly and thoroughly answered many questions for me since I took up road racing last year and I have yet to put Pedders parts on my car. Not that I won't or have put others ... just only so much time on my hands right now and I wanted to learn how to properly drive my car as is and get all I can out of that and then start modding. But next year Pete will be getting some biz out of me ;-)
+1
Pete and Pedders are to suspension what Lingenfelter is to engines.........Absolutely Amazing to work with!
Old 12-02-2011, 07:40 AM   #6743
nl12

Drives: Unicycle
Anyone know if the L28 side exhaust setup is available for purchase?
nl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #6744
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl12 View Post
Anyone know if the L28 side exhaust setup is available for purchase?
I am sure they will be happy to sell it to you. However, the L28 at SEMA was straight exhaust, if you want muflers to stay street legal.
Might be able to squeeze in some glass packs and go old school.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #6745
FosterSS
Guardians Of The Night

Drives: '13 ZL1 CRT
Thanks for all the feedback guys. These LPE gear heads sound like pretty cool guys! Where do they do all their work out of?
FosterSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:42 PM   #6746
Allanski

Drives: Car
Jeff - I will be e-mailing you for a quote for upgrades.

Please be on the lookout. Thanks
Allanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #6747
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback guys. These LPE gear heads sound like pretty cool guys! Where do they do all their work out of?
Decatur, Indiana
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #6748
mws444

OOOOOOoooo!! Looks like another slew of Lingenfelter beasts to soon grace a street near you! Great to see the new brothers coming in and joining the family!

Just be careful once bitten by the mod bug it is irreversable and progressive.

I would also suggest all the new brothers give Justice Pete a holler, he can make your Camaro handle better than most Vettes and help get that newfound power to the ground.